Now it's clear: Jets are tanking the season, looking ahead to 2018

Gas2No99

We could have easily been 3-13 instead of 2-12 with Decker and Harris. I wish them all the best. Cimini can spare me his crocodile tears for these players. Could it have been done better? Maybe but when you are leaving a team it's never neat and clean. Jets probably did them a favor anyway. It's not like they are going to be unemployed. They will still make the bucks.

This whole "So what, we're not winning the SB this year" mentality is garbage. We still have a professional football team to field on sundays and play semi-competitive football... how the fck are we supposed to assess the team when Hack is throwing to to mid-round rookie WR thrusted into starting roles vs veteran DBs? 

Fcking stupid man.

Tanking doesn't mean taking a sh*t and calling it the roster. You still have to put players in a position to succeed and develop.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I like John Morton so far and honestly think he'd make a better Head Coach than Bowles.  It honestly wouldn't shock me at all to see Todd get fired halfway through the year and Morton given a legit shot to show he can run the team.  Maybe it's half the bottle of Jack Daniels making it's way into my system but f*ck it. It's gonna be a lonnnnnngggg year.

Oh yeah. Totally agree. Morton has definitely done great things so far. At least half of this season's wins he should get credit for.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

This whole "So what, we're not winning the SB this year" mentality is garbage. We still have a professional football team to field on sundays and play semi-competitive football... how the fck are we supposed to assess the team when Hack is throwing to to mid-round rookie WR thrusted into starting roles vs veteran DBs? 

Fcking stupid man.

Tanking doesn't mean taking a sh*t and calling it the roster. You still have to put players in a position to succeed and develop.

Jets fan, on a plane: "this is a sturdy plane and the pilot will be great"

pilot (over PA): "I don't really know how to fly a plane this big, but I killed it in the simulator" 

Jets fan: "I like that he's earnest and unconventional"

:plane plunges into ocean:

Jets fan: "People who criticize this pilot are haters who disavow aeronautics."

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Fcking stupid man.

How does Decker help develop Hack from his perpetual hospital bed?

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Part and parcel of tank seasons is a serious scramble to cover one's ass while simultaneously burying the guy next to you. I want to see how the nonsense QB "competition" takes shape, if Bowles keeps pushing McCown out there and if Maccagnan does something about it. It's worth remembering that John Morton left a cush job with the Saints to oversee this toilet, and I can't imagine he's just gonna lay back and watch his career implode in six months.

Unless Morton was promised ...something else. Which would be typical of the jets halfassing a huge decision baout the HC slot. 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

If Darnold is as good as everybody says he is, then this is the right move if we're worried about the next 15 years. I will gladly suffer a 1-15 year for 10+ wins a season through 2030.

In a word, yes.Doesn't matter who the GM or HC is, somebodies who are  competent will want those jobs with a franchise QB in place. 

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Mac has categorically made this team worse in every possible way. 

why on earth should we afford him 2018 to make it worse?

Because Woody is an idiot who has to concentrate on being ambassador to Lichtenstein

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Mac has categorically made this team worse in every possible way. 

why on earth should we afford him 2018 to make it worse?

Woody is setting this team up for a big payday from a series of Geico commercials. 

"If you're the NY Jets, it's what you do"

Gonna be some funny stuff.

Just now, JetPotato said:

Woody is setting this team up for a big payday from a series of Geico commercials. 

"If you're the NY Jets, it's what you do"

Gonna be some funny stuff.

I'm pretty bummed about Harris (I still understand and accept the move), so Thank You for the good chuckle. 

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMG_0579.PNG

Has anyone gone with the take that every bad thing that's happened so far is Woody's fault, and we should all give Maccagnan the benefit of the doubt because now he's finally getting a chance to build the team his way? Because if not, I'll go ahead and put my name on that.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Has anyone gone with the take that every bad thing that's happened so far is Woody's fault, and we should all give Maccagnan the benefit of the doubt because now he's finally getting a chance to build the team his way? Because if not, I'll go ahead and put my name on that.

Why would you do that why 

9 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Yes. That's what I've been saying. 

I  noticed that there was a report that Decker stayed late to practice with McCown not Petty or Hack, and I just felt here is a guy that is going to be actively campaigning for McCown and he is part of the clique that ruined this team last year.

Sirius XM was even all Jets talk today, but I am actually not sure either of these moves actually make us worse or cement the "tank is on" concept at all.

I'm almost positive Cimini blasted Harris's contract renewal as many on here did. The main issue seems to the way it was done. Either way having Harris doesn't prevent another losing season.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

To everyone saying the Jets are only good for a couple of wins, please tell me where these wins are going to come from. The Browns and the Jaguars? Browns are on the road and they're coming off a very good draft and several years into their rebuild. Easily 7-point favorites. As for the Jaguars, I know everyone is down on them after their bad year, but they were regarded as a playoff contender a year ago. Their QB is inconsistent, but he still has weapons and could easily feast on the Jets depleted D. Just don't see the Jets beating them, even at home. Suck for Sam it is -- 0-16.

17 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He went for it in year 1. Got 10 wins. Couldn't tank following a ten win year. It all fell apart and now he's doing the right thing. 

Since you're so smart, tell me what you would have done differently this off season? Only thing I can complain about is going back to back safeties. Other than that I have zero issues. 

There's nothing wrong with rebuilding.  It's just odd to do it with safeties and tiny linebackers.   Most teams look for QB, LT, WR to rebuild. 

He went for it in year 1. Got 10 wins. Couldn't tank following a ten win year. It all fell apart and now he's doing the right thing. 

Since you're so smart, tell me what you would have done differently this off season? Only thing I can complain about is going back to back safeties. Other than that I have zero issues. 

There's nothing wrong with rebuilding.  It's just odd to do it with safeties and tiny linebackers.   Most teams look for QB, LT, WR to rebuild. 

Archived