You All Wanted this, now your bitching...

Clementi49

Didn't we all want our organization to be more like the Patriots??? Didn't we all want better leadership at the top??? Woody to let the football people do their jobs ???

Everything every Jet fan wanted is happening organizationally. 

You can't say you want our organization to make sound football decisions, but then get all pissy eyed when they let a fan favorite go. 

1) You are getting a total rebuild

2) probably going to have 100 mil in cap space 

3) probably going to have a top 5 pick and fighting for #1

4) we already have a few young players with potential. Some more then others 

5) Two young QBs to evaluate this year

you can't be upset the first year GM had this nucleus and almost made the playoffs with it and so he tried one more year. It failed. He gutted it to the original plan. That one year with Fitz was actually pretty fun. Zero expectations. Kind of like this year. Take your licks this year as a fan, listen to your buddies make fun of your, and just get over the fact a sports team didn't set up a team exactly like you thought it should be. Last time I checked anytime anyone gets fired at work it's not a good time. By the way, the Patriots don't keep fan favorites and they are the class of the league  

So sit back, make those PSL installment payments and just have fun with the year. 

We are more like the Patriots today with the moves we made yesterday then we were in years prior...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a coach that seems to not know what he is doing on the sideline.

With an owner who still won't give control to the gm, and has the gm and coach reporting to him directly, independently, as equals.

With a loser veteran qb paid millions more by us than anyone else would give him, that also may start.

With our long time Hitman shown the door at an awkward time, and his replacement being a guy we dumped.

With a 1st rd pick linebacker thats probably closer in size to a free safety.

List goes on and on.

And who's saying we are complaining anymore than usual? Being excited about the future doesn't mean we can't be bothered by the actions and how its going about.

8 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

You can't say you want our organization to make sound football decisions, but then get all pissy eyed when they let a fan favorite go. 

Yes, you can because it wasn't a sound football decision. This also cements Demario Davis staying on the roster at his current cap hit so the Pryor trade doesn't even save them money anymore.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

SOJFs are programmed to whine no matter what the jets do.

Sign vets? Dumb move

Cut vets? Dumb move

Go for it all? Dumb move

Rebuild? Dumb move

Those are all general actions. You seem to not grasp that you can make a good move to sign/cut a vet and you can make a bad move to sign/cut a vet. Same for rebuild and go for it all. I get you would like some very general ideal to make it easy to understand, but such decisions are often more nuanced.

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes, you can because it wasn't a sound football decision. This also cements Demario Davis staying on the roster at his current cap hit so the Pryor trade doesn't even save them money anymore.

Cap money isnt an issue any longer.  we will have approx. $20M to roll over to next years cap which is currently sitting at $60M under.  so that is a combined $80M ready to spend next year.

Just now, pointman said:

With a coach that seems to not know what he is doing on the sideline.

With an owner who still won't give control to the gm, and has the gm and coach reporting to him directly, independently, as equals.

With a loser veteran qb paid millions more by us than anyone else would give him, that also may start.

With our long time Hitman shown the door at an awkward time, and his replacement being a guy we dumped.

With a 1st rd pick linebacker thats probably closer in size to a free safety.

List goes on and on.

And who's saying we are complaining anymore than usual? Being excited about the future doesn't mean we can't be bothered by the actions and how its going about.

- The team gave up on Bowles last year... let's see what he can do with a young squad before we throw him to the wolves

- The Owner doesn't do the scouting

- He is a player coach this is still a ridiculous outrage, if he starts, then bitch

- Who cares when he is let go.... at least it wasn't the day before the season starts that would be classless (Patriot's have even done that one, see lawyer Milloy )

-  Again complaining about a LB in his rookie year... calm down

- Keep going I will respond...

I am very excited that the franchise seams to actually be running correctly for the first time in a LOOOONNNNGGGG Time

Just now, whodeawhodat said:

Cap money isnt an issue any longer.  we will have approx. $20M to roll over to next years cap which is currently sitting at $60M under.  so that is a combined $80M ready to spend next year.

Plus trading SR will give the Jets another almost $9 Mil

So why was it bad how they did it ? Please do explain. 

How the hell do you know the coach makes bad decisions? It's such a generic thing to say. 

Some people in here are more like Manish Mehta then they care to think.... 

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

I'm all for tanking and rebuilding but I just don't trust the GM and coach to implement the strategy properly.  Starting McCown will be their first mistake.

well, by all accounts they've given up on hack amounting to anything. The only reason to tank is for a QB. 

6 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I'm all for tanking and rebuilding but I just don't trust the GM and coach to implement the strategy properly.  Starting McCown will be their first mistake.

All 16 games? Yes. 

17 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

the only reason to cut harris would be...for cap savings..

Just now, C Mart said:

At least Harris can go and chase a ring this year. I would think that should make all those upset w/what happened yesterday happy 

I want Mangold, him and Decker to go to Baltimore and get another ring there. Or Pittsburgh. Whichever of them helps detract from the Patriots claims of dynasty.

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

well, by all accounts they've given up on hack amounting to anything. The only reason to tank is for a QB. 

Draft capital... If Hack turns out to be amazing... then we can trade the pick for a kings ransom.... or draft a second QB and have the opportunity to sell one of the QBs

Just now, C Mart said:

All 16 games? Yes. 

ONE game will be too many.  McCown SHOULD be a warm body to fill out the roster and play QB ONLY if Hackenberg and Petty completely embarrass themselves.  If the team truly wants to tank, McCown shouldn't see the field. 

Just now, Skeptable said:

Draft capital... If Hack turns out to be amazing... then we can trade the pick for a kings ransom.... or draft a second QB and have the opportunity to sell one of the QBs

I'd come see your stand up comedy routine. :lol:

36 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

Didn't we all want our organization to be more like the Patriots??? Didn't we all want better leadership at the top??? Woody to let the football people do their jobs ???

you can't be upset the first year GM had this nucleus and almost made the playoffs with it and so he tried one more year. It failed. He gutted it to the original plan. That one year with Fitz was actually pretty fun. Zero expectations. Kind of like this year. Take your licks this year as a fan, listen to your buddies make fun of your, and just get over the fact a sports team didn't set up a team exactly like you thought it should be. Last time I checked anytime anyone gets fired at work it's not a good time. By the way, the Patriots don't keep fan favorites and they are the class of the league  

So sit back, make those PSL installment payments and just have fun with the year. 

We are more like the Patriots today with the moves we made yesterday then we were in years prior...

Everyone said BB was crazy and clueless when they cut lawyer milloy right before the regular season started. Just do what needs to be done. 

35 minutes ago, Clementi49 said:

1) No one is complaining about this

2) No one is complaining about this

3) The only complaint about this is that in year 3 of a regime, you're fighting for a #1 overall pick.

4) This can be said about 32 NFL teams

5) Neither of whom, besides the fact that they exist, have given a single objective reason to believe they aren't horrendous.

57 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes, you can because it wasn't a sound football decision.

Exactly.  And this was all extremely predictable. A rebuild 3 years after a rebuild.  And I'm supposed to have confidence that Mac gets it right on his 2nd try?  

55 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

SOJFs are programmed to whine no matter what the jets do.

Sign vets? Dumb move

Cut vets? Dumb move

Go for it all? Dumb move

Rebuild? Dumb move

Agreed.

For some people the Jets can't win. There is nothing they can do that will please anyone. Tons of people were calling for a proper rebuild and I'm sure some of those same people are complaining about how bad the Jets look on paper right now. They live to complain about the Jets. Nothing you can do about it.

I wanted a rebuild. I'm getting it. I'm happy I'm getting it. I don't know if we have the right guys in charge, but I don't know that we don't either. So let's let it play out and see what happens.

You can rebuild very quickly in the NFL. But you have to sit thru that first miserable season and hope there is a top player coming out at the QB position that can change your franchise in the upcoming draft. It sounds like the Jets are in a position to accomplish this. Who knows? They're still just college QB's who are unproven at the NFL level. But regardless, the Jets needed to gut the roster and rebuild the team. This is the perfect time to do it.

1 hour ago, Clementi49 said:

Bulldodo - Mac has failed terribly signing sub par FA's to big bucks. His drafts are Idzik like.  There lies the blame.  10-6 almost making the playoffs or 5-11 in his two years are irrelevant.  Its his handling of signing scrubs and drafting midgets and reaching for players that illustrates he's over his head.  I have no faith in this bum.  Yet a franchise QB will fall into his lap next year, like the 2 previous years, franchise players have fallen into his lap. At this rate we'll have a competitive team in 19 more years.

Archived