You All Wanted this, now your bitching...

Clementi49

2 hours ago, peebag said:

Any game.

McCown barring injury will start week 1 no matter what.  I don't think that says anything other than Petty and Hack haven't taken control.  I'm sick actually of hearing they have to earn it and not to give it to them.  I don't want them to earn it like this is some award in school.  I want them to step up and take control of the locker room and take control on the field.  You take control and don't give them any reason to take it away.  Look at Dak last year, he didn't earn it, he ******* damn well took that sh*t when the opportunity arose and his actions basically said I'm not giving it back, its mine now and this team is mine.  I just haven't seen this trait in either Petty or Hack so far, they just seem like a couple of kids waiting for their number to be called.  So if they aren't willing to take ownership of the team than the Vet is going to start just like every other blueprint with young QBs.

I personally don't see McCown playing through the first month anyway because he is going to get injured like he always does.  So either Petty or Hack are going to get their number called, how they respond is whats going to matter.  If Hack or Petty are announced starter prior to the season than I'll be happy in thinking they took that step needed to be picked starter.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, C Mart said:

fitz was obtained to b/u...with the contracts and there outs I didn't have a problem..I don't think 90% of the UFA's signed should have contracts longer than 2-3 yrs without out clauses..

Mistakes were not only made in 2015.  We have two years of mistakes. That is why we are "starting a rebuild" in year 3. 

2 hours ago, Clementi49 said:

Didn't we all want our organization to be more like the Patriots??? Didn't we all want better leadership at the top??? Woody to let the football people do their jobs ???

Everything every Jet fan wanted is happening organizationally. 

You can't say you want our organization to make sound football decisions, but then get all pissy eyed when they let a fan favorite go. 

1) You are getting a total rebuild

2) probably going to have 100 mil in cap space 

3) probably going to have a top 5 pick and fighting for #1

4) we already have a few young players with potential. Some more then others 

5) Two young QBs to evaluate this year

you can't be upset the first year GM had this nucleus and almost made the playoffs with it and so he tried one more year. It failed. He gutted it to the original plan. That one year with Fitz was actually pretty fun. Zero expectations. Kind of like this year. Take your licks this year as a fan, listen to your buddies make fun of your, and just get over the fact a sports team didn't set up a team exactly like you thought it should be. Last time I checked anytime anyone gets fired at work it's not a good time. By the way, the Patriots don't keep fan favorites and they are the class of the league  

So sit back, make those PSL installment payments and just have fun with the year. 

We are more like the Patriots today with the moves we made yesterday then we were in years prior...

I didn't want my team broken down to this mess of no names . I'll bet you don't buy season tickets , Mr We Wanted This .

I'm not bitching.  I have been advocating this approach since halftime of week 3 vs. the Chiefs.

I AM ECSTATIC!

Jets are tanking for a top heavy QB draft.  They are going with a youth movement to find out who can play and will be useful going forward.  If they execute this plan correctly, they could be AFCE champs in 2020 and contending regularly thereafter. 

And the cherry on top is I don't have to waste every Sunday watching a sh*t team lose 14 games this fall.  I will be spending my Sundays out hooking reds, snook, grouper, and snapper this fall.

WIN.  WIN.  WIN.

1 minute ago, Big Blocker said:

So if posters here really believe the Jets are going to tank, and beyond that are fine with it, what is there to bother watching as far as the Jets are concerned this year?  Is the answer nothing?

watch the yungins.  See how our rooks, 2nd and 3rd year players develop.

10 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

So if posters here really believe the Jets are going to tank, and beyond that are fine with it, what is there to bother watching as far as the Jets are concerned this year?  Is the answer nothing?

What happens if the jets start clicking in the first few weeks and start winning some games... This website will break...

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm sure Sperm has a spreadsheet.  This is not new.  We discussed it at the time.  Did you think that Cromartie, Revis, Marshall, Fitzpatrick were the best allocation of resources over the long term?  When you had money to burn?  Skrine and Gilchrist just seem to be poor talent evaluation, but the rest?  

A poor plan, executed poorly.  In case nobody remembers, two wrongs don't make a right.

Of all the players the Jets signed when this new regime came to be, the only player I had concerns about was Revis .  This front office signed players they believed could get the program off to a solid start but to contracts that could be voided after a short window if things went south . Well, things went south and while the program did get off to a decent start, we see the wisdom behind the type of contracts and players that were signed .  Or not .

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Of all the players the Jets signed when this new regime came to be, the only player I had concerns about was Revis .  This front office signed players they believed could get the program off to a solid start but to contracts that could be voided after a short window if things went south . Well, things went south and while the program did get off to a decent start, we see the wisdom behind the type of contracts and players that were signed .  Or not .

QFT

16 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

watch the yungins.  See how our rooks, 2nd and 3rd year players develop.

That sounds like the equivalent of watching paint dry.  The reality is you will be watching other teams beat the snot out of the Jets.  I have not found that to be an enjoyable experience over the years.  Call me crazy.

and as far as development is concerned, you might be able to perceive development, assuming there is positive development, over some course of time.  But usually that will be a longer course of time than one game, or even a couple in a row. 

Of course to be clear I am a fan of football in general.  I do not intend to imply I will not watch football or for that matter am not going to watch the Jets.  But it doesn't seem unreasonable to say the prospect of watching say the Jets Patriots games this season will be somewhat less enticing than if the Jets in fact had a competitive team.

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

For some people the Jets can't win. There is nothing they can do that will please anyone. Tons of people were calling for a proper rebuild and I'm sure some of those same people are complaining about how bad the Jets look on paper right now. They live to complain about the Jets. Nothing you can do about it.

This is too ******* rich. In the last six years, the Jets have had three GMs, two head coaches, five starting quarterbacks, and zero playoff appearances. We followed up a 5-11 season by signing Josh McCown and selecting safeties in the first and second rounds of the draft. We're terrible at every single position that matters in the modern NFL. We tried to lure Steve Smith out of retirement and he laughed at us. The power structure is nonsensical. The coach just threw the GM under the bus. There is literally no evidence that anyone in charge has any long-term plan for how to build a team. For fifty years now, this franchise has fed us all a diet of pure unadulterated sh*t, and you smoothbrains have somehow convinced yourselves that you're the True Jets Fans because you crawl back to this team on your hands and knees year after year, begging for it to squat over your mouth, spread its cheeks, and feed you more. Congratulations and bon appetit.

Just now, Big Blocker said:

That sounds like the equivalent of watching paint dry.  The reality is you will be watching other teams beat the snot out of the Jets.  I have not found that to be an enjoyable experience over the years.  Call me crazy.

and as far as development is concerned, you might be able to perceive development, assuming there is positive development, over some course of time.  But usually that will be a longer course of time than one game, or even a couple in a row. 

Of course to be clear I am a fan of football in general.  I do not intend to imply I will not watch football or for that matter am not going to watch the Jets.  But it doesn't seem unreasonable to say the prospect of watching say the Jets Patriots games this season will be somewhat less enticing than if the Jets in fact had a competitive team.

I feel yah, not to say i wont want to break sh*t after watching 1/2 of a game lol ugh the patriots game.... i havent even gotten to wrapping my head around that thought yet.... FTMFL

Just now, JiF said:

giphy.gif

This team is better then their record last year... you just had veterans of gave up on the team playing last year... Bowles and Mac realized their mistake in the culture of the team and started anew... ever read 'The Only Rule is it Has to Work' ?  Welll anyway... its about two baseball writers trying to manage a minor league baseball team using advanced analytics.... What they found the hardest part was is managing the locker room... playing the game was the easy part. In that they describe how difficult it was to manage the players and their attitudes and how they can't have any players upset the delicate balance or it all falls apart. 

The long story short of my diatribe is that the talent may be their on the Jets they just need to come together as a team... I mean How many times last year did we see the defense stop on the first and second play only to get trashed by one miscommunication in the back field.... 

I am not saying they are going to win 10 games... or even 6 but I think they are going to be very competitive in all the games and will win more then most people will believe.

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This is too ******* rich. In the last six years, the Jets have had three GMs, two head coaches, five starting quarterbacks, and zero playoff appearances. We followed up a 5-11 season by signing Josh McCown and selecting safeties in the first and second rounds of the draft. We're terrible at every single position that matters in the modern NFL. We tried to lure Steve Smith out of retirement and he laughed at us. The power structure is nonsensical. The coach just threw the GM under the bus. There is literally no evidence that anyone in charge has any long-term plan for how to build a team. For fifty years now, this franchise has fed us all a diet of pure unadulterated sh*t, and you smoothbrains have somehow convinced yourselves that you're the True Jets Fans because you crawl back to this team on your hands and knees year after year, begging for it to squat over your mouth, spread its cheeks, and feed you more. Congratulations and bon appetit.

your creative writing skills are impressive, if not disturbing lol 

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

are you not entertained?

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It just moved. ?

Just now, HessStation said:

I'm super happy fwiw.

i wouldnt say i am happy at all.  When I think about this year right now.... I am thinking about playing the pats twice (thanks @Big Blocker *gives middle finger*) and also about the Jets coming to tampa....  That only happens once in a long time so i have a sad...

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Like, if God asked me what I wanted out of Jets fans reactions for the 2017season, this is it. 

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Signing Cromartie was, to quote Shaq, horrawful.

He was coming off a one year/$3.5M deal.  In 2016 he got a one year $2M deal with only $250K guaranteed.  The Jets gave him $7M for one lackluster year and then people want to crow about the "out" that saved us from paying him a guaranteed $8M in 2016 and the rest of his 4/$32M?  

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I can't argue with this... You are correct sir. But at some point don't you want stability in your coaching staff and executives.

Unfortunately, a majority of this fan base and the local media have scared Woody into putting off this true rebuild. Its New York, so win now or get out. But, that mentality only gives you the results we've seen. Mediocrity or complete failure.

For the fans who have been with the team since the 60's and 70's and hate the idea of a total rebuild. I understand, because its been decades. This just delays things further along. But it also gives you a more of real chance of creating a championship team, rather than a wild card team who may get lucky in the playoffs.

Do it the right way for once and stay the course.

13 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

When was the last time this franchise had a legit rebuild? Quit bitching just for the sake of bitching. 

3 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

When was the last time this franchise had a legit rebuild? Quit bitching just for the sake of bitching. 

18 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

3 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Well.... DBate happens to be correct.  Hes not really bitching..just stating fact.   Like doing a kitchen remodel 12 times on a house now you say, screw it and knock the house down.  I'm all for it but who is in charge of this rebuild???  

No one in management has any track record for we fans to be hopeful. I am of course... but if history is any indicator.    

20 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

And for 50 years it's been the fans the media's fault.

16 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

This team is better then their record last year... you just had veterans of gave up on the team playing last year... Bowles and Mac realized their mistake in the culture of the team and started anew... ever read 'The Only Rule is it Has to Work' ?  Welll anyway... its about two baseball writers trying to manage a minor league baseball team using advanced analytics.... What they found the hardest part was is managing the locker room... playing the game was the easy part. In that they describe how difficult it was to manage the players and their attitudes and how they can't have any players upset the delicate balance or it all falls apart. 

The long story short of my diatribe is that the talent may be their on the Jets they just need to come together as a team... I mean How many times last year did we see the defense stop on the first and second play only to get trashed by one miscommunication in the back field.... 

I am not saying they are going to win 10 games... or even 6 but I think they are going to be very competitive in all the games and will win more then most people will believe.

Chemistry is groovy but this is the NFL where the more talented team wins damn near every single time.

2 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

The tortured Jets fan in me sees McCown as Fitzpatrick 2.0 who will have a renaissance season and win enough games to take us out of the running for the top QB's in the 2018 draft.  Book it. 

He had that renaissance with Chicago already. Since then, he's sucked.

Archived