You All Wanted this, now your bitching...

Clementi49

12 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Well.... DBate happens to be correct.  Hes not really bitching..just stating fact.   Like doing a kitchen remodel 12 times on a house now you say, screw it and knock the house down.  I'm all for it but who is in charge of this rebuild???  

No one in management has any track record for we fans to be hopeful. I am of course... but if history is any indicator.    

Right. I'm all for the rebuild -- the scary part is that the tank is obviously to grab a top young QB in next years draft but so far if there's one thing Macagnan has proved as GM it's that he is completely hopeless when it comes to QB evaluation.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Right. I'm all for the rebuild -- the scary part is that the tank is obviously to grab a top young QB in next years draft but so far if there's one thing Macagnan has proved as GM it's that he is completely hopeless when it comes to QB evaluation.

Mac will not be here to make that pick.  

38 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

i wouldnt say i am happy at all.  When I think about this year right now.... I am thinking about playing the pats twice (thanks @Big Blocker *gives middle finger*) and also about the Jets coming to tampa....  That only happens once in a long time so i have a sad...

The Jets will play in Tampa exactly every 8 years in the current scheduling structure.  Why would you want to go to watch a lousy Jets team at RayJay anyway?

Does being ridiculed by a 3/4 full stadium of Bay area white trash sound appealing?  Well, you could also watch the game on a little screen at a concession stand while being enveloped by cigarette smoke on the outer rings too?  You might even catch a tiny plastic football when they "fire the cannons!"

Good times...

Now, Curtis Martin throwing a game-winning TD pass to Wayne Chrebet in a monsoon... that was a football game!

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

Chemistry is groovy but this is the NFL where the more talented team wins damn near every single time.

Not true... see the Philadelphia 'Dream Team' ... and do you really think that the Patriots have the most talented roster.... come on... you're smarter then that.

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's possible -- but these tanking type moves (cutting Harris, Mangold, Decker) reek of someone confident in their job security.

....or moves of desperation by a GM who is trying to shield his poor job performance by a total rebuild in the hopes he'll be spared for "doing the right thing."

49 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

This team is better then their record last year... you just had veterans of gave up on the team playing last year... Bowles and Mac realized their mistake in the culture of the team and started anew... ever read 'The Only Rule is it Has to Work' ?  Welll anyway... its about two baseball writers trying to manage a minor league baseball team using advanced analytics.... What they found the hardest part was is managing the locker room... playing the game was the easy part. In that they describe how difficult it was to manage the players and their attitudes and how they can't have any players upset the delicate balance or it all falls apart. 

The long story short of my diatribe is that the talent may be their on the Jets they just need to come together as a team... I mean How many times last year did we see the defense stop on the first and second play only to get trashed by one miscommunication in the back field.... 

I am not saying they are going to win 10 games... or even 6 but I think they are going to be very competitive in all the games and will win more then most people will believe.

Ah, chemistry, intangibles, grit, THE UTTER BS LAZY SPORTWRITERS MAKE UP AFTER THE FACT. We have yet to hear of that awful team that despite it's terrible record had great chemistry. 

Can I neg/rep this post 1000s of times? 

A football team is a workplace. You do not have to love the people you work with to be successful. It's certainly makes for a more pleasant workday, and perhaps communication is better. But you can work toward a goal without being great pals. There have been some very successful companies and sports team filled with people who not only hated each other but barely spoke.In the present day NFL, a good chunk of the Seattle defense hates Russell Wilson. Rondey Harrison hated Tom Brady. Peyton Manning was often to his teammates a complete douchebag.  In fact there are a lot of very successful NFL QBs and Head Coaches who could very readily be described as complete douchebags. Again, not a prerequisite, but caring for even a second about chemistry, intangibles, grit is a colossal waste of time. 

You know what will "bring this team together"?The happiest of horsesheet in the world.  An great offense with a good QB that scores TDs and gives the defense a chance. 

32 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This is too ******* rich. In the last six years, the Jets have had three GMs, two head coaches, five starting quarterbacks, and zero playoff appearances. We followed up a 5-11 season by signing Josh McCown and selecting safeties in the first and second rounds of the draft. We're terrible at every single position that matters in the modern NFL. We tried to lure Steve Smith out of retirement and he laughed at us. The power structure is nonsensical. The coach just threw the GM under the bus. There is literally no evidence that anyone in charge has any long-term plan for how to build a team. For fifty years now, this franchise has fed us all a diet of pure unadulterated sh*t, and you smoothbrains have somehow convinced yourselves that you're the True Jets Fans because you crawl back to this team on your hands and knees year after year, begging for it to squat over your mouth, spread its cheeks, and feed you more. Congratulations and bon appetit.

I never claimed to be anymore truer a Jets fan than anyone else on this board. I'm just making a point about thing that I've seen.

Again, this argument is so tiresome. Maac and Bowles job isn't to come in and pay for the mistakes made before them by previous GM's/coaches. You got a problem with draft picks made before 2015? Go tweet John Idzik, Mike Tannenbaum, and Rex Ryan and complain. You complain about 50 years and these two guys have been here for 3. Nothing that happened before 2015 has anything to do with Maac/Bowles. But yet some fans want them to pay for it unless they deliver them a Super Bowl right away.

If both safeties were deemed BPA by the team I have no problem with the move. Everyone complains about the Jets secondary, they use their first two picks to address it, and it's a problem. LOL. They even tried to trade up, probably for the CB King. They couldn't do it. What if both players are really good? That's all that matters. Sometimes you can't fix a position as quickly as you'd like. This isn't madden. You can't make fantasy trades to fill certain needs. The Jets had an awful secondary last year. I assume they deemed Adams the best pick for them in round 1 and Mayes the best pick for them in round 2. Both players filled a need. If the Jets felt it was a tossup between Mayes and someone else at another position they might have went differently. But they felt Mayes was BPA. Sorry they didn't use your draft board.

The teams trying to rebuild. They reached out to a veteran receiver. He said he had no interest. What's the problem? How is that even an issue? But I guess I'm sure that shows some instability somehow instead of maybe they were just doing their due diligence and showing interest in a player who maybe they think can help mentor their young receivers.

They signed McCown because they need a QB on the roster who can actually get them thru a game if Hack and Petty are beyond terrible. That's what most NFL teams do. What's the problem? McCown stinks. The Jets are rebuilding. It's a good match. If McCown is playing a large percentage of the games this season than I can understand why you would complain. But it's June. I'd probably rather not have McCown on the team as well, because I fear he'll win the job and win a couple meaningless games for the Jets, but I understand they need a Vet on the team. I just hope the HC knows when to pull the plug on him. And hopefully Hack just beats him out.

What evidence are you looking for regarding a plan? Do you want Maac to just come out in a press conference and say something like "my team sucks, I'm 50/50 on the HC, and we're going to be bad this year and hope that one of the upcoming college QB's that hopefully come out can play". What is this evidence you're talking about? We have a first time GM and HC. They don't have track records. They're clearly trying to rebuild right now. Maac took over with a lot of cap room in 2015 and made some moves to do the whole "competitive rebuild" thing. It was a mistake, although the 2015 season was fun it obviously setup unrealistic expectations for last year. The team was never that good. So Maac is trying to correct his mistake by gutting the roster and building toward next year/2019. That's what I see at least.

54 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This is too ******* rich. In the last six years, the Jets have had three GMs, two head coaches, five starting quarterbacks, and zero playoff appearances. We followed up a 5-11 season by signing Josh McCown and selecting safeties in the first and second rounds of the draft. We're terrible at every single position that matters in the modern NFL. We tried to lure Steve Smith out of retirement and he laughed at us. The power structure is nonsensical. The coach just threw the GM under the bus. There is literally no evidence that anyone in charge has any long-term plan for how to build a team. For fifty years now, this franchise has fed us all a diet of pure unadulterated sh*t, and you smoothbrains have somehow convinced yourselves that you're the True Jets Fans because you crawl back to this team on your hands and knees year after year, begging for it to squat over your mouth, spread its cheeks, and feed you more. Congratulations and bon appetit.

you're crawling and eating the same sh*t dbatesman. 

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Ah, chemistry, intangibles, grit, THE UTTER BS LAZY SPORTWRITERS MAKE UP AFTER THE FACT. We have yet to hear of that awful team that despite it's terrible record had great chemistry. 

Can I neg/rep this post 1000s of times? 

A football team is a workplace. You do not have to love the people you work with to be successful. It's certainly makes for a more pleasant workday, and perhaps communication is better. But you can work toward a goal without being great pals. There have been some very successful companies and sports team filled with people who not only hated each other but barely spoke.In the present day NFL, a good chunk of the Seattle defense hates Russell Wilson. Rondey Harrison hated Tom Brady. Peyton Manning was often to his teammates a complete douchebag.  In fact there are a lot of very successful NFL QBs and Head Coaches who could very readily be described as complete douchebags. Again, not a prerequisite, but caring for even a second about chemistry, intangibles, grit is a colossal waste of time. 

You know what will "bring this team together"? An great offense with a good QB that scores TDs and gives the defense a chance. 

Did you even read what I wrote? It wasn't about sports writers making up a column, they wrote a book on them taking a crack managing a minor league team, and they thought the hardest part of managing was going to get the players to do what they asked, but instead it was about team chemistry. This is their words, of something they thought was minor, and it turned out to be a major factor in them winning or losing... Fine you don't want to read the book... but typecasting me into believing that team chemistry is what wins or loses is not what I am saying...

What I am ultimately saying is that team chemistry may not win you more games but it can LOSE you games as it did last year. Team chemistry can kill a team whether you choose to believe it or not.... If you have a co-worker refusing to do one part of his job or does it incorrectly it effects you as a team.... 

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The Jets will play in Tampa exactly every 8 years in the current scheduling structure.  Why would you want to go to watch a lousy Jets team at RayJay anyway?

Does being ridiculed by a 3/4 full stadium of Bay area white trash sound appealing?  Well, you could also watch the game on a little screen at a concession stand while being enveloped by cigarette smoke on the outer rings too?  You might even catch a tiny plastic football when they "fire the cannons!"

Good times...

I think you misunderstood my post.  I am NOT happy about the Jets coming to Tampa this year after "the purge".  

as far as being ridiculed, i am a jets fan...

as far as white trash, I think there are worse places in FL than tampa.

as far as cigs, I dont mind them.

as far as tiny footballs, kids get a souvenir for free, I have paid for worse junk from Busch Gardens, sea world, and disney...

as far as cannons, they are a bit loud, scared one of my kids when they were 3 and i took him to a game....

58 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Try being an Eagles, Bills or Browns fan you know teams that have never won a SB. Fans of every losing team spout this same line of reasoning - that OMG my team is the worst , worst management no direction etc....  but for some reason many Jets fans think this is something all to ourselves, that it's only our franchise like some sort of twisted SOJF badge of honor.

29 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Not true... see the Philadelphia 'Dream Team' ... and do you really think that the Patriots have the most talented roster.... come on... you're smarter then that.

Dude the dream team was coined by Vince Young.  Their starting QB was Mike Vick.  They were not good.

Yes, the Patriots are ******* loaded and have the best cheater duo of all time in BB and Brady.  

46 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's possible -- but these tanking type moves (cutting Harris, Mangold, Decker) reek of someone confident in their job security.

Especially since all reports are that Adams looks very good. The only way Macc gets fired is if guys like Adams/Maye/Lee look terrible. If his draft picks develop then the win/loss record will be ignored. 

5 hours ago, Clementi49 said:

Didn't we all want our organization to be more like the Patriots??? Didn't we all want better leadership at the top??? Woody to let the football people do their jobs ???

Everything every Jet fan wanted is happening organizationally. 

You can't say you want our organization to make sound football decisions, but then get all pissy eyed when they let a fan favorite go. 

1) You are getting a total rebuild

2) probably going to have 100 mil in cap space 

3) probably going to have a top 5 pick and fighting for #1

4) we already have a few young players with potential. Some more then others 

5) Two young QBs to evaluate this year

you can't be upset the first year GM had this nucleus and almost made the playoffs with it and so he tried one more year. It failed. He gutted it to the original plan. That one year with Fitz was actually pretty fun. Zero expectations. Kind of like this year. Take your licks this year as a fan, listen to your buddies make fun of your, and just get over the fact a sports team didn't set up a team exactly like you thought it should be. Last time I checked anytime anyone gets fired at work it's not a good time. By the way, the Patriots don't keep fan favorites and they are the class of the league  

So sit back, make those PSL installment payments and just have fun with the year. 

We are more like the Patriots today with the moves we made yesterday then we were in years prior...

Immediately gave you a rep just based on the title. The actual message only reconfirms that you get it. 

I was listening to let's talk jets podcast this morning on my way to work and was listening how some jets fans are finding anything to complain about regarding this. It needed to be done, period. Good post

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

When was the last time this franchise had a legit rebuild? Quit bitching just for the sake of bitching. 

Will let you know when they start one. An intern with a spreadsheet could make cuts for a teardown. I.e Idzik was a terrible gm with dumpster fire drafts but he had the right idea with clearing cap space, not overpaying for mediocre FAs, and loading the team with draft picks when he started. 

Hard part is the actual restocking and so far they have heavily invested in low value positions without accumulating picks. 

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

SOJFs are programmed to whine no matter what the jets do.

Sign vets? Dumb move

Cut vets? Dumb move

Go for it all? Dumb move

Rebuild? Dumb move

SOJJ. Same old JO-JO. Spouting his same old bullsh*t. I have been watching this team since its inception and have lived through mistake after mistake after mistake. Until they demonstrate otherwise your damned right I'm gonna call them out for the stupid mistakes they make over and over again. Its not even the same regimes that are making them as we all know and still they can't learn from the mistakes of the past. Its amazing to me that countless HC'S GM'S and Owners cannot look back on the history of ineptitude that has plagued this franchise and learn from it. Its not the thought process when deciding to sign vets or dump vets or go for it all or rebuild. Its the way they go about implementing those those decisions that bite them and the fans in the ass. The only one programmed here is you JJ. You are programmed to drink the kool-aid brother and it looks to me like your chuggin' it this year. SOJJ.

5 hours ago, Clementi49 said:

Didn't we all want our organization to be more like the Patriots??? Didn't we all want better leadership at the top??? Woody to let the football people do their jobs ???

Everything every Jet fan wanted is happening organizationally. 

You can't say you want our organization to make sound football decisions, but then get all pissy eyed when they let a fan favorite go. 

1) You are getting a total rebuild

2) probably going to have 100 mil in cap space 

3) probably going to have a top 5 pick and fighting for #1

4) we already have a few young players with potential. Some more then others 

5) Two young QBs to evaluate this year

you can't be upset the first year GM had this nucleus and almost made the playoffs with it and so he tried one more year. It failed. He gutted it to the original plan. That one year with Fitz was actually pretty fun. Zero expectations. Kind of like this year. Take your licks this year as a fan, listen to your buddies make fun of your, and just get over the fact a sports team didn't set up a team exactly like you thought it should be. Last time I checked anytime anyone gets fired at work it's not a good time. By the way, the Patriots don't keep fan favorites and they are the class of the league  

So sit back, make those PSL installment payments and just have fun with the year. 

We are more like the Patriots today with the moves we made yesterday then we were in years prior...

The Patriots never did this. Get your facts straight. This is dumb.

I think most of the people crying for a full rebuild or to blow the team up was thinking it was the right thing to do. Now, even if you wanted it many people are like - crap, now we have to deal with the 2+ crappy seasons. In the long run I think we are better off, but it doesn't make the next 10 months any better :-)

4 hours ago, gEYno said:

You can be happy the Jets are going for a full rebuild and concerned with who is at the helm of it and that the first major move of the rebuild was to double down on the safety position.  You can also be happy the Jets are rebuilding, but upset that it's year 3 of Macc's term and the team is as bad as it is.

I agree with you...none of it makes a difference without the QB...it's taken way too long for this organization to figure it out.

4 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

You have to be pretty dense to think the issue at hand people are upset about is the fact that they are rebuilding. Most of us have been following this team thick and thin for a very long time and care enough to post on a message board about it. We get it. 

The real issue is that not many of us trust Maccagnan or Bowles to do their respective jobs in a crucial juncture of this franchise because both have had some pretty spectacular shortcomings which are glaringly apparent. 

We're also very happy in the fact that the Jets have finally realized after like 30 years that unless you are able to correctly identify qb talent (which obviously we are incapable of doing as a franchise), you have to tank hard in a year where there is blue chip Qbs to make it a no brainer decision. 

Just usually in a rebuild you have young high ceiling talent to watch out for or draft capital to accumulate and yet we really don't have enough of either in my opinion. 

This is an important missing ingredient...Cleveland will suck this year as well...but they have assets to sweeten the pot if they do want to move up...we need to really suck to ensure our choice of QBs.

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

Well I agree with the year 3 is a bit late to rebuild thingee.   Fact is there are other ways to spend force cap money then signing bad FA's.  

What difference does the year three really make? The team has no hope and better later than never approach to the discovery of a franchise QB who can make this team relevant again.

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Pure gold...in other words...choices have consequences.

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

SOJFs are programmed to whine no matter what the jets do.

Sign vets? Dumb move

Cut vets? Dumb move

Go for it all? Dumb move

Rebuild? Dumb move

This is such truth right here. I've heard Jets fans complain about the Jets not trading Richardson, then when having a discussion about that very topic they contradict themselves when they say that "well no one is going to give up a bunch for Sheldon". Well, either you want to trade him or you dont. This isnt a catch 22 situation here. 

Nothing that the Jets do will make Jets fans happy at this point. We got fans literally pissed because they cut Harris in June, a guy who they overpaid in the 1st place during that last contract. Fans were saying that we should have cut him before the draft so we could have "Strategized during the draft". Well, why the heck would you cut a guy and MAKE a hole that now becomes a need in the draft? sh*t like that causes you to reach when you didnt have to. We didnt trade Pryor then drafted 2 Safeties. What if Jamal Adams didnt fall to us? Precisely why you dont purposely make holes to address in the draft. 

I guarantee if David Harris was liked as much as Calvin Pryor people would be praising Macc for the move. This is why you cant deal with emotions. This is business. I said the same thing back when Darrelle was "Revis Island". I said he needs to get his money because its a business. Well, it's a business and the move benefits the Jets. 

2 hours ago, Jet9 said:

When was the last time this franchise had a legit rebuild? Quit bitching just for the sake of bitching. 

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

2 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Well.... DBate happens to be correct.  Hes not really bitching..just stating fact.   Like doing a kitchen remodel 12 times on a house now you say, screw it and knock the house down.  I'm all for it but who is in charge of this rebuild???  

No one in management has any track record for we fans to be hopeful. I am of course... but if history is any indicator.    

12 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Were Pats fans hopeful before Brady takes the job from Bledsoe?  Were they confident that BB would lead them to the promised land?  

How about the Steelers fans prior to Bradshaw?  Were they confident that Chuck Noll and the Rooney family would lead them to glory?

How about the Spurs fans?  Were they confident in Pop before Tim Duncan arrives?

I know I'm cherry picking a little...but unless one of us has a billion dollars the only way folks like us to find out is to watch.  Personally, I'm hoping for the best but I also have been rooting for this team for way too long to get upset over something I have no control over.  Credit to Dbate for an excellent diatribe that deserves serious consideration for JN Post of the Year.

19 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Here's the thing, in those 50 years, have any other GM made the decision to tear it all down and try to build something . Has anyone ever had the sand to risk their job by attempting what's being attempted here  ?   Here you have what every Jet fan at one point or another said needed to happen being attempted and still there's a problem because some folks don't like the people who's attempting what they wanted  because they can do it better .

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Where it all started with this regime. 

Ct3Nh3aUsAA8bj9.jpg

Atleast now I dont have to worry about watching Decker wear "McCownMagic" t-shirts this season. 

The ship be sinkin'

9 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Here's the thing, in those 50 years, have any other GM made the decision to tear it all down and try to build something . Has anyone ever had the sand to risk their job by attempting what's being attempted here  ?   Here you have what every Jet fan at one point or another said needed to happen being attempted and still there's a problem because some folks don't like the people who's attempting what they wanted  because they can do it better .   

Somebody did it three years ago.  He is universally reviled.  Because we can do it better. 

13 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Were Pats fans hopeful before Brady takes the job from Bledsoe?  Were they confident that BB would lead them to the promised land?  

How about the Steelers fans prior to Bradshaw?  Were they confident that Chuck Noll and the Rooney family would lead them to glory?

How about the Spurs fans?  Were they confident in Pop before Tim Duncan arrives?

I know I'm cherry picking a little...but unless one of us has a billion dollars the only way folks like us to find out is to watch.  Personally, I'm hoping for the best but I also have been rooting for this team for way too long to get upset over something I have no control over.  Credit to Dbate for an excellent diatribe that deserves serious consideration for JN Post of the Year.

Your post is well written but IMO misses something.....  those teams had solid drafts for several years.  I saw a special about the Steelers for example. That great defense and offense was built in 3 drafts.    Bradshaw was a slightly above average QB.

The Pats had Bledsoe and went to a SB so yes they had hope. they went to a SB in the 80s as well.

Im not an NBA fan but David Robinson did OK too. 

Good ownership doesn't do what Woody has done or Hess before him.  I, like you, will wait and watch but my years of worrying ended a few years ago. I plan on playing golf many Sundays this season. 

Archived