will you got to the games?

kmnj

On 6/8/2017 at 6:59 AM, Lith said:

I take a couple of road trips every year and this year will be no different.  I don't expect them to be good, and I don't expect them to win many games, but they are still my team and I still want to see them play.  The road trips will still be fun: meeting up with friends, tailgates, the games.  Yup, still planning to do a couple of trips.

One of those trips is always a weekend with my son.  He is out on his own, married and has his own life now.  Our Jets weekend is a chance for the two of us to get away and spend a weekend together.  We have done 1 trip a year for about the last 10 seasons (more in playoff years, so this year will be just one).  It does not matter if the team is competitive or not, they are not taking that weekend away from me.  

Been doing the same thing with my dad for about 12 years. When the Mets got competitive and the Jets went into this irreversible vortex of awfulness we switched it up to a baseball weekend. Wound up catching the first 2 games of the NLDS with him in LA in 2015 and Mets/Cubs at Wrigley last year. No regrets about making the switch either. We still get the trip together, tickets are WAY cheaper, and the weather is a little better too. We have had to sit through some stinkers over the years too, including the two biggest road blowouts in Jets history in Jacksonville and New England. Neither of those games were pretty and dealing with the surrounding fans was even less fun.

This year? Who knows. It's not looking good for the Mets but the Jets are just so ******* awful, I really don't know if I want to deal with sitting through that game. Shelling out almost a stack for airfare, hotel, the game, food...etc. Denver or New Orleans sound like great weekends and I love both cities, but sitting through this roster knowing I just forked over come more money to the NFL, ugh. We'll probably still go, but ugh.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/8/2017 at 10:52 AM, Fibonacci said:

I firmly believe batman should have waited another year and look for a Row 1 seat. What he did is unacceptable. I am thoroughly disappointed. How can you not hunt for Row 1. Row 1 is the meaning of life to be honest

firstrow_zpsdb840990.jpg

SAR I

On 6/8/2017 at 10:08 AM, southtown24th said:

Yup.  You heard me correctly...

We have had them since 1988--went with my Dad, brother and Uncle all throughout the 90s (in my youth), enjoyed the "runs" of 1998 and the 2000s and my last great memory of the Jets was being at the AFC Championship Game in Pittsburgh with my Dad in 2010...and we all know how that ended...in TRUE JETS FASHION.

Good riddance.

So you kept the tickets through the impossible Tom Brady/Bill Belichick roadblock decades and are giving 'em up on the cusp of their retirements.

Interesting strategy.

SAR I

PSL's aren't for everyone I respect those who stick it out and hope they are rewarded someday. 

Fed-up Jets fans are desperately trying to unload their personal seat licenses

January 7, 2013 | 5:00am

Two bad: “This whole PSL process was a rip-off,” says Kenny Scarabaggio (above), a season-ticket holder since 1983.NY Post: Chad Rachman

(
)

It’s the only thing harder to get rid of than Mark Sanchez — a Jets personal seat license.

Fed-up season-ticket holders are desperately trying to unload their PSLs, setting up a potential mass exodus of Jets fans that could become an even bigger challenge for the team than finding a new general manager.

The selling of PSLs — pricey licenses for the right to buy season tickets — were used by both the Jets and Giants to help fund construction of the $1.6 billion, 82,500-seat MetLife Stadium they share that opened in 2010.

But while Giants fans’ PSLs have gone up in value — their team did just win a Super Bowl last season — Jets fans have seen their investments fall shorter than a Sanchez pass.

In the days since Gang Green’s miserable season ended, secondary-market Web sites have been flooded with thousands of ads by Jets fans offering PSLs at bargain-basement prices. More than 1,100 Jets PSLs alone were listed for sale last week at seasonticketrights.com, the world’s largest PSL broker. Most were priced well below what fans originally paid.

An owner of four “Coaches Club” PSLs behind the Jets bench paid $30,000 for each seat but is now trying to unload them for $12,000 a pop.

Another holder of two nearby seats who paid $60,000 combined is offering his for a total of $20,000. 

And two mid-level seats that originally carried PSL fees of $4,000 each were up for sale for a mere $500 combined.

“I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just cheaper to go to road games and buy home games through StubHub,” said Kenny Scarabaggio, a season-ticket holder since 1983. “This whole PSL process was a rip-off.”

For two months, Scarabaggio has been trying to peddle his two mid-level mezzanine PSLs for $5,500 — well below the roughly $9,000 he’s paying on a 15-year plan — but can’t find a buyer.

He says he’s now among a growing number of fans considering a flea-flicker of their own: defaulting on remaining PSL payments and gambling that the media-obsessed Jets won’t take their season-ticket holders to court. 

Under the PSL agreements, the Jets are legally entitled to full payment.

The topic has even become a hot issue on fan forums usually reserved for bashing the team’s play.

“My feeling is there’s going to be a lot of PSL owners who default,” said Bill Koy Jr., 41, a Morristown, NJ, lawyer whose family has owned season tickets since 1965, when the Jets first drafted Joe Namath.

“As a lawyer, I’m really curious to see if the Jets would really take their fans to court because of the public-relations hit they’d receive and the costs of such litigation,” added Koy, who is not looking to default on his six mid-level PSLs.

A team spokesman said the club wants to “work with fans” through various PSL “payment options” but declined to say whether it would take delinquent fans to court.

“Coaches Club” tickets run $700 each, so someone with two seats must shell out $14,000 yearly for 10 games including preseason — on top of the $60,000 plus interest they’re spending for the PSLs. However, these same tickets went for roughly half-price on StubHub for most games this past season.

“I’d rather take a hit now on the PSLs than continue paying $14,000 year after year for tickets I can get much cheaper through scalpers,” said a Manhattan banker, who’s trying to dump two “Coaches Club” PSLs for half the price of the $50,000 he paid.

The Jets charge an average of $117.94 per ticket for non-premium seats, tops in the NFL, according to Team Marketing Report. For premium PSL seats in the lower bowl and mezzanine sections, tickets average $301.36, well above the league average of $243.70.

However, fans using StubHub and other secondary-market sites this season paid an average of just $85.32, according to TiqIQ, an aggregator of secondary-market ducats.

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

PSL's aren't for everyone I respect those who stick it out and hope they are rewarded someday. 

Two bad: “This whole PSL process was a rip-off,” says Kenny Scarabaggio (above), a season-ticket holder since 1983.NY Post: Chad Rachman

It’s the only thing harder to get rid of than Mark Sanchez — a Jets personal seat license. . . . . . .

The Jets charge an average of $117.94 per ticket for non-premium seats, tops in the NFL, according to Team Marketing Report. For premium PSL seats in the lower bowl and mezzanine sections, tickets average $301.36, well above the league average of $243.70.

However, fans using StubHub and other secondary-market sites this season paid an average of just $85.32, according to TiqIQ, an aggregator of secondary-market ducats.

you're seriously citing a 4 year old article in the current context of the 2017 exodus?

Agenda/Narrative much? If it was a current article, you'd at LEAST have some credibility. 

39 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

you're seriously citing a 4 year old article in the current context of the 2017 exodus?

Agenda/Narrative much? If it was a current article, you'd at LEAST have some credibility. 

The exodus has been going on for awhile is what I'm pointing out, more and more opposing teams fans are in our stadium it used to be only a few teams now its every team. 

This many fans looking to sell out never happened pre-PSL's. 

The "new" PSL fans are nowhere near as loyal as the old diehards. 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

If I lived in USA I'd go to at least one. Even when the team stinks it's fun to eat, drink and commiserate.

Agreed. If I lived in the USA I would go to ten games a year. Oh wait. :)

14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The exodus has been going on for awhile is what I'm pointing out, more and more opposing teams fans are in our stadium it used to be only a few teams now its every team. 

This many fans looking to sell out never happened pre-PSL's. 

The "new" PSL fans are nowhere near as loyal as the old diehards. 

All nonsense, as usual. Having sat often in a near empty Shea and a half empty Giants Stadium in some very bad seasons, one, there were lots of opposing fans and 2, hundreds of scalpers outside trying to unload tickets.  I guess you're just going to continue with your same old nonsense. I guess it fits you, considering you are the prototype SOJF.

15 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

LOL. Why would you expect anything credible from that Bozo?  Dude is the laughing stock of this forum.

On 6/9/2017 at 3:06 PM, SAR I said:

So you kept the tickets through the impossible Tom Brady/Bill Belichick roadblock decades and are giving 'em up on the cusp of their retirements.

Interesting strategy.

SAR I

You heard me correctly.  My brother and I moved on to greener/sunnier pastures (Southern California) and my brother in law, lifelong Jets fan, has 0 interest in taking on the financial burden that is the season tickets of the New York Tanks.  My father is approaching 70 and will be spending winters in Southern California and/or Florida.  Good bye. 

7 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

You heard me correctly.  My brother and I moved on to greener/sunnier pastures (Southern California) and my brother in law, lifelong Jets fan, has 0 interest in taking on the financial burden that is the season tickets of the New York Tanks.  My father is approaching 70 and will be spending winters in Southern California and/or Florida.  Good bye. 

download (1).jpg

At this point I am pretty sure I will be at most of the home games. I would put my over/under at around 6 plus pre season.

The only game I know that I will not be attending is the Bills game. Thursday night games are tough for me to attend.

On 6/9/2017 at 6:14 PM, joewilly12 said:

(
)

It’s the only thing harder to get rid of than Mark Sanchez — a Jets personal seat license.

Fed-up season-ticket holders are desperately trying to unload their PSLs, setting up a potential mass exodus of Jets fans that could become an even bigger challenge for the team than finding a new general manager.

The selling of PSLs — pricey licenses for the right to buy season tickets — were used by both the Jets and Giants to help fund construction of the $1.6 billion, 82,500-seat MetLife Stadium they share that opened in 2010.

But while Giants fans’ PSLs have gone up in value — their team did just win a Super Bowl last season — Jets fans have seen their investments fall shorter than a Sanchez pass.

In the days since Gang Green’s miserable season ended, secondary-market Web sites have been flooded with thousands of ads by Jets fans offering PSLs at bargain-basement prices. More than 1,100 Jets PSLs alone were listed for sale last week at seasonticketrights.com, the world’s largest PSL broker. Most were priced well below what fans originally paid.

An owner of four “Coaches Club” PSLs behind the Jets bench paid $30,000 for each seat but is now trying to unload them for $12,000 a pop.

Another holder of two nearby seats who paid $60,000 combined is offering his for a total of $20,000. 

And two mid-level seats that originally carried PSL fees of $4,000 each were up for sale for a mere $500 combined.

“I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just cheaper to go to road games and buy home games through StubHub,” said Kenny Scarabaggio, a season-ticket holder since 1983. “This whole PSL process was a rip-off.”

For two months, Scarabaggio has been trying to peddle his two mid-level mezzanine PSLs for $5,500 — well below the roughly $9,000 he’s paying on a 15-year plan — but can’t find a buyer.

He says he’s now among a growing number of fans considering a flea-flicker of their own: defaulting on remaining PSL payments and gambling that the media-obsessed Jets won’t take their season-ticket holders to court. 

Under the PSL agreements, the Jets are legally entitled to full payment.

The topic has even become a hot issue on fan forums usually reserved for bashing the team’s play.

“My feeling is there’s going to be a lot of PSL owners who default,” said Bill Koy Jr., 41, a Morristown, NJ, lawyer whose family has owned season tickets since 1965, when the Jets first drafted Joe Namath.

“As a lawyer, I’m really curious to see if the Jets would really take their fans to court because of the public-relations hit they’d receive and the costs of such litigation,” added Koy, who is not looking to default on his six mid-level PSLs.

A team spokesman said the club wants to “work with fans” through various PSL “payment options” but declined to say whether it would take delinquent fans to court.

“Coaches Club” tickets run $700 each, so someone with two seats must shell out $14,000 yearly for 10 games including preseason — on top of the $60,000 plus interest they’re spending for the PSLs. However, these same tickets went for roughly half-price on StubHub for most games this past season.

“I’d rather take a hit now on the PSLs than continue paying $14,000 year after year for tickets I can get much cheaper through scalpers,” said a Manhattan banker, who’s trying to dump two “Coaches Club” PSLs for half the price of the $50,000 he paid.

Owning a home wasnt for everyone in 2008. These things go in cycles.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Going to be a long season, wish all season ticket holders the best. 

This could be worse than the Kotite season. 

Like many others who have already said similar things, Going to a game is not all about how the Jets play. Each game I get to spend with different people that I can't get enough time with. My wife, her best friend and I are going to the Pats game. Her best friend is a Pats fan so we always have a fun time. My oldest son is a Jets fan. Him and I will go to a few games. My middle son is attending U Conn in the fall and will go to the Atlanta game with me. My daughter likes any team associated with a cat. So this is a big year for us with the Jags and the Panthers on the schedule. My wifes Uncle is a dolphins fan so we will go to that game with my wifes cousin. My wifes cousin is paying me back by taking me to Alabama vs LSU. And of course my sister who lives in Jersey will be attending a game or two with me. Between work, school, and living in different areas, I can't think of better spent money than spending a day at a Jets game with the above people.

I gave up my ticket in 2009 and just got them back this year. Some of the best times I had were during the worst football games you have ever seen this team play. It's really only partially about the Jets play on the field.

3 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Like many others who have already said similar things, Going to a game is not all about how the Jets play. Each game I get to spend with different people that I can't get enough time with. My wife, her best friend and I are going to the Pats game. Her best friend is a Pats fan so we always have a fun time. My oldest son is a Jets fan. Him and I will go to a few games. My middle son is attending U Conn in the fall and will go to the Atlanta game with me. My daughter likes any team associated with a cat. So this is a big year for us with the Jags and the Panthers on the schedule. My wifes Uncle is a dolphins fan so we will go to that game with my wifes cousin. My wifes cousin is paying me back by taking me to Alabama vs LSU. And of course my sister who lives in Jersey will be attending a game or two with me. Between work, school, and living in different areas, I can't think of better spent money than spending a day at a Jets game with the above people.

I gave up my ticket in 2009 and just got them back this year. Some of the best times I had were during the worst football games you have ever seen this team play. It's really only partially about the Jets play on the field.

This man GETS IT.

7 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Agree to disagree tailgating and times spent with family and friends is priceless but then the day ends leaving the stadium aggravated and disgusted over the product you just saw on the field. 

Been there done that week after week it gets old fast. 

The money I have saved I've spent on home improvement projects such as a hot tub and a backyard oasis along with a 65" HDTV, Harley-Davidson,automobiles,college tuition and vacations all stuff that gives me satisfaction in the end. 

it was fun back in the day when tickets were affordable and if you couldn't go to game you ate the tickets and didn't care. Now many have to sell them to get some money back  on the PSL investment and ticket prices. 

I too would like to get back in when the time is right and all things improve until then I'm content with sitting home watching and attending 1 game a year sitting 1st row LL. 

Enjoy the season.......

joewilly12 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree to disagree tailgating and times spent with family and friends is priceless but then the day ends leaving the stadium aggravated and disgusted over the product you just saw on the field. 

Been there done that week after week it gets old fast. 

The money I have saved I've spent on home improvement projects such as a hot tub and a backyard oasis along with a 65" HDTV, Harley-Davidson,automobiles,college tuition and vacations all stuff that gives me satisfaction in the end. 

it was fun back in the day when tickets were affordable and if you couldn't go to game you ate the tickets and didn't care. Now many have to sell them to get some money back  on the PSL investment and ticket prices. 

I too would like to get back in when the time is right and all things improve until then I'm content with sitting home watching and attending 1 game a year sitting 1st row LL. 

Enjoy the season.......

joewilly12 

I mean this totally honestly. Everyone has a different budget. When the Jets wanted me to cough up 20k for my two seats plus the season ticket cost, the cost/reward changed. This time I got three PSL's for $600 and the season only costs 4k. I spend close to that in cable every year and I watch two channels. This is a fun day with two sons in college, and a daughter in high school, its the most time I will spend with them all fall. Plus a lot of other people that I dont get to see and hang out with very often, let alone for a full day.

As far as getting back in is concerned, the time is now. Don't wait until they have a competitive year and add pieces because by then it will be too late. Just my humble opinion.

9 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I mean this totally honestly. Everyone has a different budget. When the Jets wanted me to cough up 20k for my two seats plus the season ticket cost, the cost/reward changed. This time I got three PSL's for $600 and the season only costs 4k. I spend close to that in cable every year and I watch two channels. This is a fun day with two sons in college, and a daughter in high school, its the most time I will spend with them all fall. Plus a lot of other people that I dont get to see and hang out with very often, let alone for a full day.

Not everyone took Econ 101 and understand the notion of Elasticity nor the CLASSIC model argument of Guns Vs. Butter!

Stop calling them games!
They're meetings!
HI, my name is Jiminy and I'm a Jetsaholic. I know that most of the dependence diseases skip a generation but I've done everything in my power to ensure that my son doesn't allow that to happen in his generation and I expect him to do the same for my grand kids. Now that's funny

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

11 minutes ago, RSJ said:

As far as getting back in is concerned, the time is now. Don't wait until they have a competitive year and add pieces because by then it will be too late. Just my humble opinion.

I wouldn't buy tickets for a cruise if I knew the ship was going to sink.

No thanks there will always be a seat for my ass and if not through a private seller the NY Jets will have tickets for sale, win or lose. 

The time is not right for me or my family. My daughter just graduated and Sallie Mae will be knocking on our door really soon if she doesn't go back for her Masters and if she does that only delays the payments and adds more money to the bill. 

The games will all be on TV unless of course they get blacked out. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

No thanks there will always be a seat for my ass and if not through a private seller the NY Jets will have tickets for sale, win or lose. 

The time is not right for me or my family. My daughter just graduated and Sallie Mae will be knocking on our door really soon if she doesn't go back for her Masters. 

Yeah timing is everything man. I forgot to mention that even if we did purchase the PSL in 2009 we would not have been able to attend that many games. We were at the drag a kid to every sport phase. So timing is important, I totally agree.

I am not looking for the Jets to win games. I just hope they play hard and get better. I look forward to seeing the young players play. I dont think they are as bad of a team as people are saying - but thats for another thread. lol

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The time is not right for me or my family. My daughter just graduated and Sallie Mae will be knocking on our door really soon if she doesn't go back for her Masters. 

Um . . . . in TODAY's job market and economy, the prospects of getting a high-paying job that will pay off the undergraduate AND graduate debt/tuition, let alone actual living expenses,  is less likely than the Jets making the playoffs this year:D

But I agree, EDUCATION above all else is what sets you free (well, that and self-employment, lol :lol:)

13 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Not everyone took Econ 101 and understand the notion of Elasticity nor the CLASSIC model argument of Guns Vs. Butter!

lol. If you look around the league, you would be hard pressed to find a cheaper PSL right now. The titans I believe are literally the only one that competes on price, and they are in Tennessee. 

But yes, always buy low and sell high. I wish I took my own advice when I bought apple stock last week.lol

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

lol. If you look around the league, you would be hard pressed to find a cheaper PSL right now. The titans I believe are literally the only one that competes on price, and they are in Tennessee. 

But yes, always buy low and sell high. I wish I took my own advice when I bought apple stock last week.lol

You get what you pay for.........cheap is never good quality. 

Archived