will you got to the games?

kmnj

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You get what you pay for.........cheap is never good quality. 

That's where the RELATIVE term of VALUE comes into play where Good Quality can be found CHEAP. 

Trust me, buying CHEAP lots in Brooklyn back in the early 00's resulted in Good Quality selling prices when the R/E market hit. 

VALUE and TIMING. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, joewilly12 said:

You get what you pay for.........

Supply/Demand. Thats really the only thing happening here. With 80M in cap, the development of some players this year and probably a decent draft pick, that can change very quickly. 

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

That's where the RELTIVE term of VALUE comes into play where Good Quality can be found CHEAP. 

Trust me, buying CHEAP lots in Brooklyn back in the early 00's resulted in Good Quality selling prices when the R/E market hit. 

VALUE and TIMING. 

Exactly.

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

That's where the RELTIVE term of VALUE comes into play where Good Quality can be found CHEAP. 

VALUE and TIMING. 

The NY Jets are not real estate........... The NY Jets are not an investment......... 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets are not real estate........... The NY Jets are not an investment......... 

In the late 90's before the NFL got a handle on it, season ticket rights transfers for the Jets were selling on ebay for 3k a seat. This was for upper level seats. Granted, the Jets had Parcells and a good team - but what would your opinion on the value of that seat have been in 1995?

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Never said they were. The POINT and THEME is:

VALUE and TIMING. @RSJ understands that notion of our Capitalist society and thus is getting BACK IN at the most opportune time: VALUE. 

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Every single thing in life that you purchase is an investment, every single thing.

2 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Kmart doesnt have stock. It's owned by Sears. Thanks for another intelligent observation though

Nope, Kmart bought Sears but uses the Sears entity as it's company umbrella for trading:

"NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Kmart is buying Sears, Roebuck & Co. for $11 billion in a deal that will marry two of the nation's oldest retailers that had trouble keeping up with the changes in American culture around them."

http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/17/news/fortune500/sears_kmart/

You Macagnan-Hackenberg snob defenders make this way too easy.

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

2017 Jets tickets are the equivalent of stock in Kmart

1 minute ago, RSJ said:

Kmart doesnt have stock. It's owned by Sears. Thanks for another intelligent observation though

What he most likely is referring to is when it filed for Chapter 11 in 2002 and reached an all time low of 66¢ and yet was SOLD to SEARS for $11Billion back in 2005 or $105 PER SHARE!!!!!!!!

TIMING and VALUE!

Just like the geniuses who bought up CitiCorp Chares for $3 a pop back in 2008 after the Crash.

TIMING and VALUE!

3 minutes ago, thadude said:

Nope, Kmart bought Sears but uses the Sears entity as it's company umbrella for trading:

"NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Kmart is buying Sears, Roebuck & Co. for $11 billion in a deal that will marry two of the nation's oldest retailers that had trouble keeping up with the changes in American culture around them."

http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/17/news/fortune500/sears_kmart/

You Macagnan-Hackenberg snob defenders make this way too easy.

Read my post above. YOU make it EASIER. :P

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

What he most likely is referring to is when it filed for Chapter 11 in 2002 and reached an all time low of 66¢ and yet was SOLD to SEARS for $11Billion back in 2005 or $105 PER SHARE!!!!!!!!

TIMING and VALUE!

Just like the geniuses who bought up CitiCorp Chares for $3 a pop back in 2008 after the Crash.

TIMING and VALUE!

Stop you're just embrarassing yourself now.  

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

TIMING and VALUE!

TIMING and VALUE!

But there is no K-Mart stock? lol

Sears/Kmart actually may prove to be a great buy at the moment. Retail is going through a similar transformation that the auto industry went through in 2008. Wish I bought Ford for $1 back then.

Just now, thadude said:

Stop you're just embrarassing yourself now.  

how so? All I pointed out is that you used a poor analogy. 

Kmart stock was as low as 66¢ per share in 2002 and in less than 3 years it was sold at $105 per share. 

Look I'm going to be here for the Bowles firing (or resignation), I will be here for when fans scream bloody murder when Petty and Hack don't start week 1, subsequently play and suck.  I will also be here Black Monday next January when that idiot in my avatar is fired.  You can call me a troll, fake fan whatever.  This is the worst regime since Kotite - they might be worse.

how so? All I pointed out is that you used a poor analogy. 

Kmart stock was as low as 66¢ per share in 2002 and in less than 3 years it was sold at $105 per share. 

Yeah and that was 12 years ago.  I used present tense.  Drink better beer

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Yeah and that was 12 years ago.  I used present tense.  Drink better beer

Thank you for validating your INCORRECTNESS on the matter & dropping an argument you can't win. 

Keep hating on the Jets for 2017, it's what you do. But please leave the real business talk and expertise to those who know what they're talking about ( looking at you @RSJ)

And in using PRESENT tense, KMART HAS NO STOCK. You're wrong on BOTH ends. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, thadude said:

Look I'm going to be here for the Bowles firing (or resignation), I will be here for when fans scream bloody murder when Petty and Hack don't start week 1, subsequently play and suck.  I will also be here Black Monday next January when that idiot in my avatar is fired.  You can call me a troll, fake fan whatever.  This is the worst regime since Kotite - they might be worse.

Image result for todd bowles  memes

The classiness is just so apparent with the regime haters. 

Todd Bowles deserves all the backlash he gets after the 2016 season no other team in the NFL would keep him as head coach or even hire him after that catastrophe. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Todd Bowles deserves all the backlash he gets after the 2016 season no other team in the NFL would keep him as head coach or even hire him after that catastrophe. 

And people on this board actually still bash Rex

1 minute ago, Jets0712 said:

Used to have season tix. Now with kids playing sports on Sunday's can't do it any more. Will DVR them 

Is this team going to be even worth bandwidth?I might not even both to watch clips of the games on Youtube

15 hours ago, southtown24th said:

You heard me correctly.  My brother and I moved on to greener/sunnier pastures (Southern California) and my brother in law, lifelong Jets fan, has 0 interest in taking on the financial burden that is the season tickets of the New York Tanks.  My father is approaching 70 and will be spending winters in Southern California and/or Florida.  Good bye. 

Okay, so you're not the typical Jets fan from Smithtown.  You're 3000 miles away and gave up your tickets because you can't make bank on resale.

That's perfectly fine, but that doesn't make you "Mr. Angry Jets Fan Take That Woody Johnson".  Now that it looks like the Jets won't have a winning season for 5 years you're opting out.  No different than all the so-called "diehard" Jets fans who dumped their season tickets in 2012 when it was clear the AFC Championship Game runs were over.

So good for you, but don't come in here like giving up these seats was some sacrifice or that the Jets forced you into this.  You live in California.  You're merely being opportunistic.

SAR I

If not for a vacation in the fall, my sons and I would be at every game this year. Just got off the phone with the Jets and we were able to move to the first row in 246a. My youngest son is super excited. Let's see what happens this season but so far, things are looking good for this family of Jets fans.

9 hours ago, foxgt90 said:

If not for a vacation in the fall, my sons and I would be at every game this year. Just got off the phone with the Jets and we were able to move to the first row in 246a. My youngest son is super excited. Let's see what happens this season but so far, things are looking good for this family of Jets fans.

great seats.  Row 1 is the way to go in Mezz A.

I thought about it for a long time and decided to give up my PSLs. I listed them on some exchange sites and didn't get any bites by the time the Jets forced me to either pay for this season's tickets or give up my rights. So I walked away from the PSLs. Four seats in 113 at the 50 yard line. The PSLs have negative value because those seats are so expensive. No one would pay for the right to pay $700/ticket to see the Jets. 

It'll feel great not having to pay top dollar for preseason games. And there have been something like four home playoff games in the 31 seasons that I had tickets   So it's not like I'm walking away from too many premium events. 

I'll go to one or two games. 

11 hours ago, foxgt90 said:

With all due respect, I am MORE willing to believe you than the Jets Tix Dept. That said:

I have been calling every year for an upgrade to THAT specific section Row 1 since 2013. I called June 8th and was told that Inventory was yet to be clarified and to call again in 2 weeks or they would call me if anything opened up. This is AFTER I initially called in mid May and was told to check again once they "have a better idea" when June comes around.

AFTER reading your post today, I called the Jets and was told that NO ONE has been upgraded yet because they are still in the process of organizing everything and that "people on those sites tend to say things which aren't true just to blow themselves up." I told him that we have a good community that is VERY diligent w/the seating process and a lot of info is shared. He maintained his position that NO ONE has been upgraded by the Jets yet.

So please, indulge me because I do feel like I'm being LIED TO by the Jets Tix dept. 

Archived