We aren't rebuilding, we are becoming the Browns

kevinc855

19 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

And Woody is saving tons of money which he will spend in England . Pip Pip Cheerio !!

Brexit has led to a  favorable exchange rate.

The league needs tomato cans. Teams to show up, get their asses beat and get Tom Brady ready for his playoff run. The Browns are the tomato cans for Big Ben or Flacco or Dalton or whoever wants to come out of that division. It won't be Cleveland. 

The Jets exist to lose. That's their role. They are just as profitable either way. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Yes, He has said numerous times he wants to coach in the NFL again.... Maybe that changes, but I doubt it.

Not doubting you, but do you have a link?  I haven't seen that, and I'd be real surprised if he left.  he's in heaven

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

That I think Harbaugh will come back to the NFL.  He stated as much numerous times.... here is one from December http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/24/report-no-jim-harbaugh-return-to-the-nfl-in-2017/

Why would he choose the Jets... Top pick for one of the best QBs in the draft and a very very young team with a ton of FA money... maybe up to 100 Million under the cap.

I don't see where he said it, Rapoport  said it

Let the young guys get as many reps as possible. As others have noted, Decker's always hurt and would more than likely not play a full season anyway.

Harris will always be one of my favorites and I do wish they did the decent thing and let him go in the winter, but this man is a multi-millionaire. I'm not concerned that his mental or emotional well being is at risk because a soon-to-be 1-15 team (with or without him) cut him loose.

Both players have the ability to sign with a playoff team and contend. The Jets did the merciful thing by allowing these guys the opportunity for one last shot at a ring. 

Son of Patriots' Robert Kraft openly ridicules Jets' failures

Robert Kraft just won another Super Bowl. (Billie Weiss | Getty Images)

Josh Kraft, the son of Patriots owner Robert Kraft, slammed the Jets on Thursday during an event in New England. 

And he wasn't exactly subtle about it: 

The Jets do have a Ring of Honor, but the larger point remains: The Patriots have been much more successful than their AFC East "rival." Which isn't exactly breaking news. 

Josh Kraft is the president of the New England Patriots Charitable Foundation. But he wasn't feeling very charitable toward the Jets on Thursday, when he crushed them in a public setting. 

Robert Kraft has four sons. Jonathan Kraft is also involved with his father's football team, as the organization's president. 

The Patriots just won another Super Bowl -- their fifth. The Patriots have played in the Super Bowl nine times -- more than any team in history. Only the Steelers (six) have more Super Bowl titles. The Cowboys and 49ers also have five. 

Grading Jets' big offseason moves

All of the Patriots' Super Bowl rings have come since the 2001 season, when Tom Brady debuted as their starting quarterback. 

The Jets, meanwhile, have played in just one Super Bowl -- after the 1968 season. They beat the Colts, after quarterback Joe Namath guaranteed victory. 

The Patriots have won the AFC East for eight straight seasons, and in 14 of 16 seasons since 2001. The Jets last won the division in 2002. 

Darryl Slater may be reached at dslater@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @DarrylSlater. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

23 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Ahhhh...  there's kevin90210 with his misguided no such thing as rebuilding theory.

No such things exists except in Jet fans minds to make themselves feel better, as if they "know more" or are "more patient". 16 game seasons you don't rebuild. The entire theory is insane.

On 6/8/2017 at 10:57 AM, thadude said:

I just won my league thanks!

2 years ago (or was it 3?) I made sure to play any teams' #2 WR who would be lining up against Cromartie that week.  Guys like Allan Hurns and such.  Not only did I finish in 1st place, but I had the highest scoring WR performance of all 12 teams.  Cromartie was gold!

On 6/8/2017 at 10:56 AM, peebag said:

yea but what if Bowle of Mac is not the right combination for a rebuild - how long do you stick with these guys?

that no-one can answer but you cant keep changing coaches and GMs every 2 or 3 yrs. There is no vision and constant changing of directions and plans. The most successful teams have one thing in common for the most part. Stable front offices and coaches for multiple yrs. And when a coach retires they promote from within. That takes time to build.

18 minutes ago, rammagen said:

that no-one can answer but you cant keep changing coaches and GMs every 2 or 3 yrs. There is no vision and constant changing of directions and plans. The most successful teams have one thing in common for the most part. Stable front offices and coaches for multiple yrs. And when a coach retires they promote from within. That takes time to build.

This is quite sound thinking.

And, really, aren't the 'haters' blaming management for doing exactly what we've all been praying for? the complete rebuild!!

People, how do you get to the point of complete rebuild?! You have to suck. So, before you all go and start (continue) to rail against Maccagnan and Bowles, look at what their records actually are. One winning season and one clunker. Far from a definitive sample and the record is still a 'winning' one.

Yeah, I didn't like A LOT of Bowles-ian moves. Timid, gutless, but in the end, I don't think there was anything he could do differently that would have mattered. This is the culmination of depths to which the Jets have arrived since Rex Ryan's second AFC Championship flub. Years of stocking the team with free agents is over (I hope). And I hope, too, that with experience and with better talent Todd Bowles would become better. At least he probably would seem to be better.

It's funny, a lot of the timid moves I remember turned out THE WORST possible outcome. If Bowles tried a FG instead of going for it, the kick was blocked. If he punted instead of going for it, the punt was shanked. He had some really bad luck last year. the worst of which was being saddled with Ryan Fitzpatrick. But I digress...Oh wait, that's another thing. Who could really blame Bowles for being gutless when Ryan Turnover-at-the-worst-time Fitzpatrick is at QB? I mean, wow. This guy made Geno Smith look like Good Testaverde. I'm willing to give a guy a pass when your QB is that bad.

So, yeah, if you judge him solely on last year, I would say "see yah". But I think Bowles deserves a chance to wise up in his third year. Just like the franchise, Bowles and Maccagnan have shown flashes--good and bad--now we need to see some kind of results. And I'm looking forward hopefully to seeing them.

On 6/7/2017 at 4:59 PM, kevinc855 said:

This is all stupid. You can't throw away everyone and the baby with the bathwater because you "want to start over" this is win now and reload league, rebuilds are done in the MLB with 162 game seasons not 16 game seasons. All we have done is put a lot of inmature guys on the field with no experience or leadership. Who says anyone will develop? Who says even If we get the top few QB's they will stay healthy or have a team around them to be successful with?? Way to many risks associated here, I was fine with shaking off some dead weight but after tossing Harris and Decker im off this "rebuild" nonsense plan.

you know, we fans tend to like players and it's always tough to cut ties.  in truth, harris was getting to be a liability and decker was tough to justify given his injury history.  these guys can always sign onto a contender but it's time for the jets to move on.  the only real down side is believing that macc's acquisitions are ging to pan out.  imo, so far he's picked up some good players but no real blue chippers except for leo and adams.  we'll see.

3 hours ago, rammagen said:

This is one of the keys, it takes an organization to truly win long term and building a strong organization is something that the Jets have been simply unwilling to do.

22 hours ago, Dcat said:

2 years ago (or was it 3?) I made sure to play any teams' #2 WR who would be lining up against Cromartie that week.  Guys like Allan Hurns and such.  Not only did I finish in 1st place, but I had the highest scoring WR performance of all 12 teams.  Cromartie was gold!

I know.  Cromartie was fantasy gold last season when he played for the Colts the first four weeks of the season.  Brian friggin Hoyer had a good fantasy game facing him

On 6/8/2017 at 5:29 PM, Gas2No99 said:

Josh Kraft, the son of Patriots owner Robert Kraft, slammed the Jets on Thursday during an event in New England. 

The Jets do have a Ring of Honor, but the larger point remains: The Patriots have been much more successful than their AFC East "rival." Which isn't exactly breaking news. 

Josh Kraft is the president of the New England Patriots Charitable Foundation. But he wasn't feeling very charitable toward the Jets on Thursday, when he crushed them in a public setting. 

Robert Kraft has four sons. Jonathan Kraft is also involved with his father's football team, as the organization's president. 

The Patriots just won another Super Bowl -- their fifth. The Patriots have played in the Super Bowl nine times -- more than any team in history. Only the Steelers (six) have more Super Bowl titles. The Cowboys and 49ers also have five. 

All of the Patriots' Super Bowl rings have come since the 2001 season, when Tom Brady debuted as their starting quarterback. 

The Jets, meanwhile, have played in just one Super Bowl -- after the 1968 season. They beat the Colts, after quarterback Joe Namath guaranteed victory. 

The Patriots have won the AFC East for eight straight seasons, and in 14 of 16 seasons since 2001. The Jets last won the division in 2002. 

Darryl Slater may be reached at dslater@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @DarrylSlater. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

No pride.

No talent.

No direction.

On 6/8/2017 at 6:29 PM, Gas2No99 said:

He's right..............DAMMIT 

Sometimes keeping a guy who has been around the league for 10 years for the lockeroom is more valuable then on field play.

Cuz he was so valuable in the locker room last year. Harris was a solid player who lead by example. He was at the end of the line as a every down player and I think the locker room leader thing only gets applied to him cuz he's been here a while.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived