Who do you want

derp

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Get the #1 overall.  Maybe lure the Nicktator from Alabama?  Mike McCarthy if GB decides to move on?  I like the Sean Payton idea too...

If not Saban, PREFERABLY AN EXPERIENCED OFFENSIVE COACH.

too close to Belicheat

I fully expect Mac to be back next year. The guy I want to at least be considered for the job is Tom Clements. He has worked with Rodgers and been a major influence on him. If the Jets are able to draft one of the QB's next off-season it would make sense to have an offensive HC who can actually develop him. If not as HC at least as OC or QB coach. I'm tired of these defensive guys who pay no attention to the other side of the ball.

7 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Mark Cuban...seriously.

interesting choice.  cuban certainly is an impassioned owner but even there his mavs have won only one title. if looking at basketball managerment i think i'd be looking at poppovich.  i do think that woody is becoming an impediment because of the way he set up the jets management structure.  there needs to be only one guy making the football decisions and that's usually the gm.

i know harbaugh is being kicked around. i wouldn't be too sad to see mangini back as gm with a coach like marrone.  sean payton makes some sense. imo the coach and gm need to have nfl experience and be from successful programs.  they need to be young enough so they can stick around if they're good. at this point it might not be a bad idea for the jets to get some better oversight of mac and bowles.  maybe hire polian or a guy like coughlin just to get some balance between mac and bowles.

Absolutely shocked about all the Harbough supporters that were Rex detractors!!! He is a bigger clown than Rex!!!  

Bring me "the chin", I think he has been waiting for this moment to come coach in NY.  I thought he was waiting for the NYG gig but that has passed.

9 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Absolutely shocked about all the Harbough supporters that were Rex detractors!!! He is a bigger clown than Rex!!!  

Bring me "the chin", I think he has been waiting for this moment to come coach in NY.  I thought he was waiting for the NYG gig but that has passed.

1) NOBODY is a bigger clown than Rex, NOBODY!!

2) Harbough actually is a good coach, Rex sucks.

14 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Cowher would be a coup not seen by the Jets since landing Parcells.

15 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Saban sucks as a NFL coach

His first attempt failed, yes.  But I think he is an excellent coach.  He always has one of, if not the most, talented teams in college.  But if you listen to his former players, they practiced obscure situational things at Alabama that even the NFL coaches they have played for don't.  Attention to details.  I would imagine he learned a few things from his time in Miami about dealing with pros versus kids.  There are reasons Belicheat and Saban are tight, and i have to think mutual respect for how they approach their craft is one of them.

And I would rather given him another crack at the NFL than many of the potential NFL retreads.

34 minutes ago, jgb said:

Cowher would be a coup not seen by the Jets since landing Parcells.

Cowher win like 10 games for 10 years in a row. No way Woody hires him. Woody's more apt to hire a guy like Fisher who has a mediocre record - 12 losing seasons in a 21 year career. 

My pick- Vince Lombardi

Cowher win like 10 games for 10 years in a row. No way Woody hires him. Woody's more apt to hire a guy like Fisher who has a mediocre record - 12 losing seasons in a 21 year career. 
My pick- Vince Lombardi

On bright side, mediocre would be an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

His first attempt failed, yes.  But I think he is an excellent coach.  He always has one of, if not the most, talented teams in college.  But if you listen to his former players, they practiced obscure situational things at Alabama that even the NFL coaches they have played for don't.  Attention to details.  I would imagine he learned a few things from his time in Miami about dealing with pros versus kids.  There are reasons Belicheat and Saban are tight, and i have to think mutual respect for how they approach their craft is one of them.

And I would rather given him another crack at the NFL than many of the potential NFL retreads.

It's easy to coach when you get the best players year after year. He's a college coach and there's zero chance of him leaving a potential legendary college career to get his ass handed to him in the pros. 

On 6/9/2017 at 8:30 AM, GKnight83 said:

I would support EM as GM.  I would not mind the Jets talking to Bill Cowher either.

I would support Mangini as HC of the NYJ again.  Or as GM.  I would love for him to be back with the Jets.  I still feel like he can grow into a great coach.  I'd take a shot on letting him run the ship if we got the #1 overall pick next year.

On 6/8/2017 at 7:03 PM, T0mShane said:

I'm glad you asked, derp. 

The dream: Jim Harbaugh

The hmmm maybe if it worked out: Sean Payton

The likely: John Fox or Jeff Fisher.

Agree with the first two.  I don't want Fox or Fisher -- I think Fisher is massively overrated the media adores him for some reason.

Not necessarily what I want but what I think you will see happen:

GM: Terry Bradway.  Woody knows him and Bradway has had success here plus he wanted Russell Wilson in 2012 but Woody overruled him for Tebowmania

HC: Mike McCoy.  We finally get an offensive head coach.  I thought he did a good job in San Diego he just had bad luck last season.  Has worked with Rivers and Manning and even made Tim Tebow look effective for a season.  Made a 7th round pick Trevor Siemian look effective last year

Archived