Who do you want

derp

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:36 AM, johnnyjet said:

John Morton will be the HC and I don't think MAC is going anywhere. 

We have not seen him call 1 play yet, now he is HC material?

Remember Bubba Gump Bowltite? Just saying...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

We have not seen him call 1 play yet, now he is HC material?

Remember Bubba Gump Bowltite? Just saying...

Morton will be gone with the rest of the coaching staff and all 3 of our qb's after next season.That's not hyperbole either

On 6/10/2017 at 7:24 AM, Kleckineau said:

He may still be in Miami if they had listened and gotten Brees

No he wouldn't.  I remember when that drama was going on down here.  Saban hated the NFL from day one.  He hated that the press wasn't in total awe of him, and actually questioned him about things he was doing.  He got out as soon as a good NCAA job opened, and slunk out of town a day after assuring everyone he wasn't going anywhere.

Where he's at, he's a god.  No one dares to question him.  It's just not like that in the NFL.  The media is trying to chop you up even if your winning.  They'll find a flaw

This is probably the worst thread in history.

Harbaugh is a head case

Gruden and Cowher will never coach again

Saban ... really ???

Mac and Bowles ... period ... end of story ... we need consistency ... not childish over reactive choices based on lack of patience.

i can't believe someone even mentioned Bradaway ... wtf! At least no one brought Tannenbum back into the equation.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

56 minutes ago, flgreen said:

No he wouldn't.  I remember when that drama was going on down here.  Saban hated the NFL from day one.  He hated that the press wasn't in total awe of him, and actually questioned him about things he was doing.  He got out as soon as a good NCAA job opened, and slunk out of town a day after assuring everyone he wasn't going anywhere.

Where he's at, he's a god.  No one dares to question him.  It's just not like that in the NFL.  The media is trying to chop you up even if your winning.  They'll find a flaw

Right......because with Brees and 10-12 wins every year Saban would have been run right out of town.

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Right......because with Brees and 10-12 wins every year Saban would have been run right out of town.

Right

Because it's for sure he would have won 12 games a year.  he's a great college coach, but in the NFL, not so much.

He may not have been run out of town, but he still would have left when Bama came calling.  Like I said, you could see it, he hated the microscope NFL HC's are under.  Guy with his ego is much happier right where he's at.  And very well compensated.  

On 6/9/2017 at 9:25 AM, chirorob said:

Saban as in Miami, and pushed for Drew Brees.   He got Daunte Culpeppar.

Its funny how "great" coaches aren't so great when they can't get everything they want like Saban at Bama. Why would he leave a place where he's on a pedestal and the best HS talent is lining up to play for him. Its why most college coaches struggle in the NFL , the salary cap is a lot different than handing out scholarships. 

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Its funny how "great" coaches aren't so great when they can't get everything they want like Saban at Bama. Why would he leave a place where he's on a pedestal and the best HS talent is lining up to play for him. Its why most college coaches struggle in the NFL , the salary cap is a lot different than handing out scholarships. 

Only way Saban comes back to the NFL if he gets exposed for paying players

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

I remember the players were happy that he left also.

On 6/9/2017 at 8:36 AM, johnnyjet said:

You and I seem to think alike.

I honestly think Morton is going to impress everyone and do enough with this piss poor offense to become Head Coach by the end of the year.  I like most of our assistants too and promoting from within could go a long way towards keeping guys like Kevin Greene aboard beyond this season.  He has a history with USC too, should we really find ourselves looking at Darnold.

On 6/9/2017 at 8:36 AM, johnnyjet said:

That would be interesting.  I mentioned in another thread, I wonder who actually hired Morton, Bowles, or Macc, and what he was told went he was hired.  If Macc hired him, Bowles may be the fall guy for this upcoming season

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

You and I seem to think alike.

I honestly think Morton is going to impress everyone and do enough with this piss poor offense to become Head Coach by the end of the year.  I like most of our assistants too and promoting from within could go a long way towards keeping guys like Kevin Greene aboard beyond this season.  He has a history with USC too, should we really find ourselves looking at Darnold.

Surprised to see Morton mentioned, but I actually agree, that he could be an excellent HC candidate, especially if we are getting Darnold.

Hes a no-nonsense guy who learned game management from some of the best HCs in the business.  He has said his offense will change due to the opponent which is very simple but rarely done and very smart (ie marty mornenwhig) and he would be smart enough to simply adapt part of the USC offense into our gameplans and would have some more insight into that than a normal coach would since he and bates were there for a time.

Very interesting to see how Morton's career goes after this, Im personally very high on him as a coach.

3 hours ago, Harlemnite1 said:

David Shaw with Macc staying on as GM. Jimmie Johnson gets a group together to buy the Jets away from Woody. 

IN 2 years, most of you will be saying the same thing about the new ownership group because like always, the fans know better  . 

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

IN 2 years, most of you will be saying the same thing about the new ownership group because like always, the fans know better  . 

The jets have been so well managed and won so many Super Bowls how could anyone complain?!?!

Every time one of these threads pop up someone mentions Harbaugh. HE IS NOT LEAVING MICHIGAN. He is treated like a God there. He can write his own ticket and if he wins a National Championship they will hand him a lifetime contract. Hell they might even do that if he beats OSU. In the short time he has been there you would think He has won it all numerous times and they treat him like royalty. Image if he did win it all? You think he would leave all that to come to the Jets? BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On 6/8/2017 at 7:02 PM, derp said:

To be the GM and HC of the New York Jets this time next year - and why?

Mike Maccagnan and whoever he hires as HC. I don't understand the hate for Mac considering the last two GM's we have had. Actually three if you count Terry Bradway. Mac is head and shoulders better that any of them and I think he has the Jets on the right track. Todd Bowles I have serious doubts about. I doubt his ability to motivate players and I don't think he is on the same page as Mac as far as their collective vision of the team.

23 hours ago, BCJet said:

Surprised to see Morton mentioned, but I actually agree, that he could be an excellent HC candidate, especially if we are getting Darnold.

USC quarterbacks have not fared well in the NFL. Outside of Carson Palmer name ONE SC QB that excelled in the NFL.

On 6/9/2017 at 8:30 AM, GKnight83 said:

I would support EM as GM.  I would not mind the Jets talking to Bill Cowher either.

Didn't Eric Mangini mastermind the deal (in Cleveland) where we got the #5 pick for a bunch of spare parts. 

In turn we used the #5 on Sanchez, but I think the #5 was worth a heck of alot more than what Mangini got.

On 6/11/2017 at 8:01 AM, Dunnie said:

This is probably the worst thread in history.

Harbaugh is a head case

Gruden and Cowher will never coach again

Saban ... really ???

Mac and Bowles ... period ... end of story ... we need consistency ... not childish over reactive choices based on lack of patience.

i can't believe someone even mentioned Bradaway ... wtf! At least no one brought Tannenbum back into the equation.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Harbaugh is absolutely a head case but he's a very good coach IMO.  I do think he'll come back to the NFL at some point.

Cowher I don't think is going to coach again but I still think there's a chance Gruden might.  Then again, I'm not sure I'd want him after such a long absence.  However, it's not crazy to consider them.  Remember Dick Vermeil took off like 20 years between coaching jobs and came back and won a Superbowl.

As for Saban, I think he's a great coach (certainly for college) but he's 65 now so I don't see him leaving Alabama.  Also, I agree with what someone wrote that he's got a god-complex because that's how Alabama fans treat him (and he has been incredible there since day 1).  I do think Saban could succeed in the NFL but I'm guessing he doesn't want the NFL anymore.  It's too late in his career and he has it too good.

One college coach I think people are leaving out is Urban Meyer.  I've had a gut feeling for a few years now that he's going to be the next HC of the Patriots but I've never read or heard that anywhere (though I think I've read that he's buddies with Belichick) so it's just a hunch.  I'd strongly consider him as HC of the NYJ though should that be a possibility (and it might if we get Darnold).  Heck, if we get Darnold, I think many coaches would want to come here.  I still wouldn't mind Mangini but maybe I overrate him.  

4 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

bill obrien sam darnold and deandre hopkins

I'd take O'Brien but no way he comes here.  A big reason he got the Houston job was Belichick's recommendation and he's not a douche like Mangini

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Harbaugh is absolutely a head case but he's a very good coach IMO.  I do think he'll come back to the NFL at some point.

He will and it will probably be after next season. Only problem is the Colts' with his old player Andrew Luck will be waiting for him

Drew Brees is a free agent in 2018. Saints are history. Sean Payton asks for his release after the 2017 season & reuntites with John Morton who stays on as NY Jets OC. 

All of this happens before the 2018 draft in which the Jets have the #1 pick, Darnold leaves USC knowing he's going to a team with an offensive coaching staff, with some young studs in Enunwa, Anderson, Stewart, Hanson & Legette.

The Jets are 80 million under the cap so they grab 2/3 STUD defensive players & 1 stud Olineman to fill in the gaps of their defensive & offensive lines. This along with another stellar draft (2017 turns out to be a great draft for Mac), the Jets have in place their starting QB for the next 12 years & a coaching staff that knows how to create mismatches & score a ton of points.

New York Jets dominate the AFC East starting in 2019.

Archived