Jump to content

Jets could easily be the most attractive NFL job opening next year


TuscanyTile2
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Where the hell did I say that?

I said what I think will happen, not what I want to happen.  Throw on your glasses and reread.

"SMH"

Where did you state what you think will happen in your post? You need binoculars. You can't just make sh1t up and then make a claim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's possible

Here's my assessment.  I think we'll win 3 games max.  Too many question marks and holes unless some players step up in a big way.

DL - No changes this year (better than last year).

LB - Harris gone, rest no changes (slight drop off)

DB - Lots of new people, we're going to see some growing pains here (last year was gruesome, this year should be equally gruesome).

OL - No changes from end of last year except at LT (same as last year)

RB - No changes (better than last year due to coordinator change)

QB - Mckown/Fitz not much difference.  Hackenberg - Lots of growing pains.  (could be ugly after game 4)

WR - A couple of guys from last year and some up and coming rookies, no seasoned vets. (much worse than last year).

TE - One from the team last year one rookie (blocking will drop off, receiving much better)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Where did you state what you think will happen in your post? You need binoculars. You can't just make sh1t up and then make a claim

Right f*cking here:

Screenshot_20170609-045404.jpg

Are you literate?

My first post was a prediction of what I think will happen.  You interpreted it as me saying what I WANT to happen.  I ask you "where the hell did I say that it's what I wanted to happen" and now youre wondering where I made a prediction.  I NEED binoculars? 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Right f*cking here:

Screenshot_20170609-045404.jpg

Are you literate?

My first post was a prediction of what I think will happen.  You interpreted it as me saying what I WANT to happen.  I ask you "where the hell did I say that it's what I wanted to happen" and now youre wondering where I made a prediction.  I NEED binoculars? 

You are delusional. Last cycle bro. Nowhere does it say predict or think. Move on already.

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

You are delusional. Last cycle bro. Nowhere does it say predict or think. Move on already.

I'm delusional because I have to spell out a simple post for you to know it was a prediction?  I'm delusional and yet you are the one trying to tell me what I actually meant with my own words, despite me telling you what I meant (it was a f*cking prediction, not what I want).  

Do you have the reading comprehension skills of a 1st grader?  I don't think I've ever actually have someone try and tell me how I really feel despite me already telling them.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we get the #1 overall pick next year and Darnold is in the draft (and has another great season), does anyone think the Jets won't have top notch coaches/GMs banging down Woody Johnson's door (assuming those jobs are open)?  I truly think some people on this forum think that's a crazy statement.  Personally I think they couldn't be any more wrong.

The chance to draft a young franchise QB, have a TON of cap space, have several possible young defensive superstars (Leo and Jamal Adams) and win in NY.  This job could EASILY be one of the most desirable jobs to come along in the NFL in a good number of years.  Everything would be in place and in the biggest market in the country.  Some Jet fans are absolutely delusional if they think big name coaches/GMs won't come here.  If all goes "well" (a lot of losing this year) this could be the turning point in this franchise's history.

 

there are only 32 nfl hc jobs so they're all attractive. the thing any head coach or gm wants is a stable front office and owner.  woody seems to be shifting gears an awful lot of late and he is probably the biggest issue. the cap space is great and i have to believe there is some talent on this team even if it hasn't been discovered.  macc's drafted players have been sticking and in this past draft he did get a blue chip in adams and a very good player in maye. the qb position is the one that continues to be unfilled but even there they can make an all out push to draft one or sign a top free agent.  and there's still a chance that hack or petty might emerge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

That is a theory.  Logic shows me that after three drafts, there is STILL no speed rusher among other errors with the roster. That is Macc

I guess Bowles wanted other things first. It's clear he's getting what he wants. Listen to him talk after the draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had dinner last night with someone who really does not follow the Jets.  He asked me when Woody was going tomsell the team.

People have said that no other GM or HC would work for the Jets.  We disagree with that.   Money talks and someone would take the job.  

But working for the Jets is not attractive so long as Woody owns the team.  It just is not.  I think it is worse than we even realize if you can read Bowles and Mac's faces from Tuesday, the fact that Bowles was late to the press conference, and Mac's eventual appearance.  Hogan' mysterious quitting to take a same job with the Colts-didn't he have a contract?  Was he replaced?   What about Gailey and Patullo and how that was handled?

I think Bowles and Macc had a plan for the season.   I don't know how good it was, but it was a plan.   Woody came in this week and blew it up.   Woody basically needs to rehire a team.   2015 and 2016 were wasted years.  He might as well hire who he has-they are not great, but no one better that I can see is working for him. n

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well if its true Hack can't hit water falling out of a boat I bet McCown and Petty get most of the starts. I bet Mac realized this and thats why Dekker and Harris were released to ensure the "tank" and Bowles being fired. If Bowles has no weapons in the arsenal he can't accidentally win 5 or 6 games and screw up Macs grand plan that some seem to think he has. I don't think Mac has a plan. I just think he's a ****in' idiot.

Speaking of Hack being unable to hit said water from said boat and Mac is still the GM why would any established Coach want to work with someone so bad at judging talent that they drafted this guy in the first place? The only way this job becomes attractive is if Mac(the idiot) is gone. Have you ever worked for someone who was so bad at their job you were amazed that they had it and continued to keep it? That's Mac. Mac is the disease. I can't believe some people actually defend this cretino.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A history reminder.

The following is a list of starters bequeathed by Rich Kotite to Bill Parcells in 1996/1997 along with the number 1 overall pick which ultimately turned into multiple first round picks. (bold are solid NFL starters or better)

QB    Frank Reich
RB    Adrian Murrell
FB    Richie Anderson
WR    Wayne Chrebet
WR    Keyshawn Johnson
TE    Kyle Brady
LT    Jumbo Elliott
LG    Harry Galbreath
C    Roger Duffy
RG    Matt O'Dwyer
RT    David Williams  (not very good at this point in his career)


LDE    Bobby Hamilton
LDT    Marvin Washington
RDT    Matt Brock
RDE    Hugh Douglas
LLB    Bobby Houston
MLB    Marvin Jones
RLB    Mo Lewis
LCB    Aaron Glenn
RCB    Ray Mickens
SS    Victor Green

FS    Gary Jones

Q: Do we have the chance to have a similar resurgence in 2018 with the #1 overall?

IMO: I dont think the current team has this much talent as the ones above and the current GM at least (and probably the HC) would not be doing what is being done now if they did not have a promise to keep their jobs after the upcoming year.  So yes it is possible but it is also a long shot.  Also do not underestimate our ability to f&ck up the #1 pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

People on here are setting themselves up for a MAJOR disappointment, bowles and Mac are here for at LEAST two more full years.

I agree.  People should realize Woody has given both Mac and Bowles free passes to see how this works out.  They both get 2 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we get the #1 overall pick next year and Darnold is in the draft (and has another great season), does anyone think the Jets won't have top notch coaches/GMs banging down Woody Johnson's door (assuming those jobs are open)?  I truly think some people on this forum think that's a crazy statement.  Personally I think they couldn't be any more wrong.

The chance to draft a young franchise QB, have a TON of cap space, have several possible young defensive superstars (Leo and Jamal Adams) and win in NY.  This job could EASILY be one of the most desirable jobs to come along in the NFL in a good number of years.  Everything would be in place and in the biggest market in the country.  Some Jet fans are absolutely delusional if they think big name coaches/GMs won't come here.  If all goes "well" (a lot of losing this year) this could be the turning point in this franchise's history.

 

jesmouse_zpsymf8e7vi.jpg

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This would be relevant if the GM was calling the shots re who is the coach, he is not.

Do you get the feeling that they are setting this thing up next year for Morton and Gates to take over? All the guys who Morton coached for swear by him, and Gates is a QB guru. If the tank is on, these two would seem to be the guys you want grooming a QB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

Do you get the feeling that they are setting this thing up next year for Morton and Gates to take over? All the guys who Morton coached for swear by him, and Gates is a QB guru. If the tank is on, these two would seem to be the guys you want grooming a QB.

Like most of the ocs the jets have had for years and years Morton is being set up for failure, very poor talent, low resources put into the offense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My instincts tell me Mac is safe and has been given the thumbs up from Woody to crater for a QB. Bowles, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be onboard with this decision and seems miffed. I think they're gonna tank and dump Bowles as the scapegoat, then bring in a QB guru to coach Darnold (or whoever.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Like most of the ocs the jets have had for years and years Morton is being set up for failure, very poor talent, low resources put into the offense.

I look at it just the opposite....Morton has nothing but upside. Zero expectations, young unproven talent at most positions, two young QB's who most people think aren't good. I believe that if this offense shows game by game improvement, this is your new coach.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Do you get the feeling that they are setting this thing up next year for Morton and Gates to take over? All the guys who Morton coached for swear by him, and Gates is a QB guru. If the tank is on, these two would seem to be the guys you want grooming a QB.

yes, i do.  i think woody finally realizes that he needs to focus on offense, he's signed off on gutting the team of overpaid and/or negative influences (except for sheldon) and he is definitely eyeing those qbs.  he is tired of watching the jets win just enough games to miss out on guys like winston/mariotts/wentz.  he wants one of these guys, and i think the offensive hires are all there b/c they know they may well be working with a top prospect next year without bowles to screw it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I guess Bowles wanted other things first. It's clear he's getting what he wants. Listen to him talk after the draft.

That is a strecth to believe after 3 drafts. The roster is still misconfigured. The Macc apologists see too many things bad about TB. Clearly overlooking who gets the groceries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If we get the #1 overall pick next year and Darnold is in the draft (and has another great season), does anyone think the Jets won't have top notch coaches/GMs banging down Woody Johnson's door (assuming those jobs are open)?  I truly think some people on this forum think that's a crazy statement.  Personally I think they couldn't be any more wrong.

The chance to draft a young franchise QB, have a TON of cap space, have several possible young defensive superstars (Leo and Jamal Adams) and win in NY.  This job could EASILY be one of the most desirable jobs to come along in the NFL in a good number of years.  Everything would be in place and in the biggest market in the country.  Some Jet fans are absolutely delusional if they think big name coaches/GMs won't come here.  If all goes "well" (a lot of losing this year) this could be the turning point in this franchise's history.

 

The most attractive thing would be if Woody sold the team to someone who would keep their nose out of it and let the people they hire, you know, do their jobs.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

That is a strecth to believe after 3 drafts. The roster is still misconfigured. The Macc apologists see too many things bad about TB. Clearly overlooking who gets the groceries. 

I'm not anyone's apologist. The info is all out there, you chose to see what you want to see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...