By blaming Maccagnan, you are enabling Woody to keep on keeping on

NoBowles

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Is it even in Woody's interest for the team to win games? Other than the mythical home playoff gate they aren't missing out on much, financially. 

Been saying this sh*t for years. Pro sports leagues need to have a rule that if a team is horrible enough for a set period of time, the owner has to sell the team. Knicks and Jets are the prime examples of the need for it. 

WTF is the topic here? Are we blaming Maccagnan for the release of Decker and Harris? I don't see a problem with it. Cap space is needed more than a pair of veterans who make more than they are worth. It probably WAS Woody's call on that. I do agree that the setup of the Jets is awful with Mac and Bowles each reporting to the owner directly. I don't think Bowles wanted Harris gone and I don't think he and Mac are really on the same page rebuilding wise.

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I have no idea what this means, either as a joke or as a serious thing

Read a history book regarding the Russian czar and serfdom in the early 1900s. 

It's HIS team. You can't, and shouldn't feel, that we as fans can compel a private individual to sell his private property at the demand of those who have no rightful claim. You don't like what he does, don't root for the team. But to suggest stripping an individual of his private property at the behest of a miserable majority is what occurred in early 20th century Russia.  

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

It's HIS team. You can't, and shouldn't feel, that we as fans can compel a private individual to sell his private property at the demand of those who have on no rightful claim. You don't like what he does, don't root for the team. But to suggest stripping an individual of his private property at the behest of a miserable majority is what occurred in early 20th century Russia.  

What you fail to consider is that Russia is actually #terrific.

3 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

It's HIS team. You can't, and shouldn't feel, that we as fans can compel a private individual to sell his private property at the demand of those who have no rightful claim. You don't like what he does, don't root for the team. But to suggest stripping an individual of his private property at the behest of a miserable majority is what occurred in early 20th century Russia.  

I learned something today. Thank you, Gas2No

Just now, T0mShane said:

What you fail to consider is that Russia is actually #terrific.

I never said it wasn't. Ever since they got a new modern-day czar who got tired of letting the Bear be a pushover as it was all throughout the 90's.

31 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

We should be forcing him to sell the team, which is definitely a thing we can do

Actually, I think what we should do is continue to put all the blame on the GM, who has a fraction of power, along with the dumb owner, and the coach. Then get the GM fired, so the next GM with fractional power, and the next coach with fractional power, can get it right. Its a plan that is working very, very, very well. Im going to go lookup the definition of insanity.

6 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Actually, I think what we should do is continue to put all the blame on the GM, who has a fraction of power, along with the dumb owner, and the coach. Then get the GM fired, so the next GM with fractional power, and the next coach with fractional power, can get it right. Its a plan that is working very, very, very well. Im going to go lookup the definition of insanity.

No, I'm agreeing with you. We should use all the tools at our disposal, which are many and great, to force Woody to sell.

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

No, I'm agreeing with you. We should use all the tools at our disposal, which are many and great, to force Woody to sell.

You fancy yourself as a really smart cat, you disappoint me.

"We should use all the tools at our disposal, which are many and great, to force Woody to sell,,,"

I have a few comic book storage bags and $40 in Mens Wearhouse coupons...and my friend can be very mean on the Internet.

5 minutes ago, phill1c said:

"We should use all the tools at our disposal, which are many and great, to force Woody to sell,,,"

I have a few comic book storage bags and $40 in Mens Wearhouse coupons...and my friend can be very mean on the Internet.

Let me ask you this: do you have access to an airplane and some crayons?

4 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Let me ask you this: do you have access to an airplane and some crayons?

Um, you mean those balsa wood airplanes? I do have a 32 color box of crayons. [The 64 color box has too many redundant colors in it]

Johnson hired the coach and GM separately again. This structure, if you could call it that, is his handiwork. In fact spare Parcells hiring Groh and Tannebaum having some input on hiring Mangini , that's been the case with every HC and GM hire. The GM has no control over the HC, each answers to Johnson directly. And every decision to fire them was Johnson's. That's how you get 2 decades of dysfunction...and no fresh produce nor meat in the grocery store.

Archived