By blaming Maccagnan, you are enabling Woody to keep on keeping on

NoBowles

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Is it even in Woody's interest for the team to win games? Other than the mythical home playoff gate they aren't missing out on much, financially. 

well, yes.  eventually they'll get bad enough and the fans will stay home.  teams don't necessarily need the stadium gate to break even but the gate does represent the owner's profit.  woody didn't buy the team to lose money and i'd be willing to bet he's envious of how much increase in value kraft has had.

One thing it looks like, is Mac seems to be getting more of what he wants than Bowles is getting. Sure Bowles is in the tougher spot right now with lesser and lesser talent to play with, but even with that there should be enough indications this year as to whether he is improving enough as a HC to keep him on. Example, you now have most of the inmates trying to run the asylum gone i.e Marshal, Mangold, Decker, etc. with the whole lets force the team to keep Fitz crap. And the completely worst underachiving for the $ Revis, Gilcrist, etc. The only bad apple left is Richardson at this point and I sense since he is in a contract year he will probably be at his best behavior. So, with that said, there is no excuse with a bunch of kids that can be molded the way you want to lose the locker room this year. None should be arguing with each other, late to meetings, etc. even if we end up 2-14. That is the first thing. Plus, aside of winning, as games go bye, there should be clear progress of players getting better at all positions. If Bowles can even get these 2 things right or headed in the right dirction maybe he has progressed and can keep moving towards being a good HC. We'll start with these 2 things which also includes players being in the right positions like on D in order to make plays. With younger guys there can be communication issues and cause problems there, but once cleared up you can tell whther the coaches have the players in bad positions to make plays, or the players just have bad recognition of play in diagnosing them on the field, which is on the player mainly due to not determining these things during enough film study and such. Even guys like Kyle Wilson and Pryor are faster than you think, but a combination of either being out of position(Coaching and/or player miscommunication) or on field play analysis (The Player is not studying/working hard enough) will cause the atrocious secondary play we have been wacthing for many of these seasons.

We have to realize that owning this team in the big market it is in is not something this owner is going to give up. We can only hope he somehow learns and (though I am an idealist as such) perhaps will startout with Mac (if Bowles gets fired soon), and lets Mac not only hire his own HC, but the HC would report directly to Mac. This may never occur, but one could only hope. If the HC doesn't report to the GM they always have different agendas as we have all hashed out already i.e if McCown starts and wins a few games he still should go to the bench after about a qtr of the season to give way to Hack (Unless Hack is so atrocious that he doesn't belong on the field) and the same applies to Petty. Winning with McCown means something to help the rest of the team grow/learn and get chemistry, but unless it looks like they can be world beaters with him it is more important to get a proper evaluation at the QB position to potentially upgrade there for the near and long term future. Bowles is really probably only looking at the 2017 year and nothing more unless he has been given assurances.  

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Been saying this sh*t for years. Pro sports leagues need to have a rule that if a team is horrible enough for a set period of time, the owner has to sell the team. Knicks and Jets are the prime examples of the need for it. 

images.png

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't know if people refuse to hold Woody accountable... But unless he has a secret mistress who will record him dropping N bombs we're probably stuck with him until he dies (at which point we can only hope his heirs sell the team.)

Woody reacts to fan negativity, plain and simple. Direct it at him, he will react. Fng rocket science man.

23 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

So if fans criticize him enough he'll sell the team? He's trying to win he's just a buffoon. There's no cure for buffoonery.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Who said anything about selling the team?? All I want is him to stay the hell out of football decisions. Hire one guy and let him be the football guy and make the football decisions. I don't care if it's a GM, a HC or a head of football ops, I just want him out of football decisions. Not sure why selling the team is the only option???? Plenty of owners stay away from football decisions.

12 hours ago, NoBowles said:

No skin off Woody's neck. He will hire his next puppets, and keep on meddling and setting up stupid ass power structures.

The real problem is Woody, and he can bring in the next Idzaccagnan, and will. 

You understand, I hope, that there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about Woody Johnson, right?

You also understand, I hope, that you claims of "meddling" are 100% speculative and have no facts to support them, right?

No.  Probably not.

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You understand, I hope, that there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about Woody Johnson, right?

You also understand, I hope, that you claims of "meddling" are 100% speculative and have no facts to support them, right?

No.  Probably not.

No, I don't understand 

12 hours ago, phill1c said:

So, Woody Johnson (Dick Dick) is supposed to give up this incredibly lucrative position because some Jets fans are upset?

NOTE TO JETS FANS: HE owns the team, not you.

You can, though, ban him from this forum.

If you get his IP address I will do it. :)

6 hours ago, NoBowles said:

It's funny, Jets fans put up a billboard and got a GM fired....

Jets fans, well, its Woodys team, we can't control what he does.....

I always thought Idzik having a stroke during the middle of his one press conference and going 0 for 100 on draft picks is what got him fired.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

I always thought Idzik having a stroke during the middle of his one press conference and going 0 for 100 on draft picks is what got him fired.

I'm sure that helped, but pretty sure it was the billboard that sealed the deal.

Woody is an insecure doofus. If the fans and by extension the media started blasting him daily, he'd change his ways. Never said one word about him selling, but his next hire would not have a stupid ass power structure where he ultimately makes the football decisions.  I know, I know, minds blown everywhere....

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Woody is an insecure doofus. If the fans and by extension the media started blasting him daily, he'd change his ways. Never said one word about him selling, but his next hire would not have a stupid ass power structure where he ultimately makes the football decisions.  I know, I know, minds blown everywhere....

No better way to get a 70 year-old cloistered billionaire to change his behavior than by tweeting stuff at him.

26 minutes ago, thadude said:

Woody is a terrible owner but somehow his meddling didn't stop Bradway and Tanenbaum from having good years

Lol, thank Mangini for that, then he fired Mangini because he didn't kiss his ass every chance he got.

Archived