We're number 1!!!!!!!

johnnyjet

6 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

In the 2018 draft.....hello Sam!

Don't bet on it. The Jets were a 5 win team last year, the only productive player cut was Harris. Everyone else was either injured last year or unproductive. Players like Wilkerson and Richardson will most likely have better seasons. It also will be hard to play as poorly at QB as Fitz did last year. 

While im not predicting the Super Bowl, l also don't buy into 1-15 either. 

********JN Flash Poll********

Q: How will the Jets screw this up?

1. Woody Johnson, annoyed by mocking headlines, orders Maccagnan to sign Jay Cutler, resulting in six wins and and the fifth overall pick.

2. The Jets *do* get the first overall pick and draft a position other than QB.

3. Bob Kraft, In August, goads Woody Johnson into trading a giant package of picks (including the 2018 first overall) for Jimmy Garoppollo.

4. The Jets get the first overall pick, inducing Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, and Josh Allen to remain in school.

5. Todd Bowles starts Josh McCown all sixteen games and the Jets win two of their last three, dropping them to the fourth overall pick, where they take a corner from Alabama.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. Woody Johnson, annoyed by mocking headlines, orders Maccagnan to sign Jay Cutler, resulting in six wins and and the fifth overall pick.

3. Bob Kraft, In August, goads Woody Johnson into trading a giant package of picks (including the 2018 first overall) for Jimmy Garoppollo.

4. The Jets get the first overall pick, inducing Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, and Josh Allen to remain in school.

5. Todd Bowles starts Josh McCown all sixteen games and the Jets win two of their last three, dropping them to the fourth overall pick, where they take a corner from Alabama.

May you roast in Hell for posting that vomit splash.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Don't bet on it. The Jets were a 5 win team last year, the only productive player cut was Harris. Everyone else was either injured last year or unproductive. Players like Wilkerson and Richardson will most likely have better seasons. It also will be hard to play as poorly at QB as Fitz did last year. 

The Jets will go 1-15 this year. The Jets D will be on the field for at least 40 minutes a game and demoralized this year, they have two promising kids at safeties who will show flashes but, they're still rookies. The D probably is going to be overwhelmed this year no matter the talent level.

On offense, the Jets just got rid of their #1 receiver and best center. Oh, and their starting running back is 33. Put Johnny Unitas out there in his prime, and he's probably going to go 1-15.

lets all keep rooting for 1-15 to give this franchise some hope. I'm definitely buying into that illusion.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It can be more than one, rigt?

If we screw this Tank up it could go down as the worst screw up ever. Here is why. We are positioned to take Sam with the number 1 pick. If somehow we win a couple games ... there are at least 2 other blue chip passers in next years draft. If we somehow eak out an 8-8 season ... it will be an utter failure ... a failure beyond anything seen before in this league.

I'm a jets fan and i endorse SuckforSam18

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

34 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

If we screw this Tank up it could go down as the worst screw up ever. Here is why. We are positioned to take Sam with the number 1 pick. If somehow we win a couple games ... there are at least 2 other blue chip passers in next years draft. If we somehow eak out an 8-8 season ... it will be an utter failure ... a failure beyond anything seen before in this league.

I'm a jets fan and i endorse SuckforSam18

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yep, and judging by the 2-1 reps, at a time the kids should be getting 2-1 over McCown , looks like Todd is going for it ALL. :)

2 hours ago, Freemanm said:

The Jets will go 1-15 this year. The Jets D will be on the field for at least 40 minutes a game and demoralized this year, they have two promising kids at safeties who will show flashes but, they're still rookies. The D probably is going to be overwhelmed this year no matter the talent level.

On offense, the Jets just got rid of their #1 receiver and best center. Oh, and their starting running back is 33. Put Johnny Unitas out there in his prime, and he's probably going to go 1-15.

lets all keep rooting for 1-15 to give this franchise some hope. I'm definitely buying into that illusion.

They didn't have their #1 receiver last year as Decker was not productive after the Bills game and as was shutdown completely after the Chiefs game. Marshall sucked last year.  The TE position will most likely be improved.  Seferin-Jenkins is talented and judging from the off season program he has his head on straight and is 25 lbs. lighter than last year.  The defensive backfield will not be worse than last year and I expect the defensive line to be better.  The offense will be not be worse than last year.  Make no mistake this is not a great team, my only point is that this team is not worse than last year.  Revis, Mangold, Decker, Marshall contributed nothing last season.  Harris is a loss, however he is 34 years old also.  I feel very strongly Wilkerson & Richardson will be better than last year.

TO ILLUSTRATE HOW LONG I'VE HAD SEASON TICKETS, THIS IS THE FIRST GAME I WENT TO AS A SEASON TICKET HOLDER. MY POINT IS......HAVE I BEEN TORTURED ENOUGH? BTW, THE JETS FINISHED A SURPRISING 8-8 THAT YEAR.  PRESEASON PREDICTIONS THAT YEAR WERE SIMILAR TO THIS YEAR.

24 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

TO ILLUSTRATE HOW LONG I'VE HAD SEASON TICKETS, THIS IS THE FIRST GAME I WENT TO AS A SEASON TICKET HOLDER. MY POINT IS......HAVE I BEEN TORTURED ENOUGH? BTW, THE JETS FINISHED A SURPRISING 8-8 THAT YEAR.  PRESEASON PREDICTIONS THAT YEAR WERE SIMILAR TO THIS YEAR.

Is that you walking around Times Square at the beginning of the video? put a shirt on man. :)

Actually the Jets had a decent roster that year.  Was the beginning of a decent team.  Bruce Harper, Scott Dierking, Todd, Wesley Walker, Jerome Barkum, Mickey Shuler,  Good O line, Klecko, Salaam, think Gastineau came the following year.  Buttle,  Owens.  

Think that team beats the 2017 Jets right now :)

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

They didn't have their #1 receiver last year as Decker was not productive after the Bills game and as was shutdown completely after the Chiefs game. Marshall sucked last year.  The TE position will most likely be improved.  Seferin-Jenkins is talented and judging from the off season program he has his head on straight and is 25 lbs. lighter than last year.  The defensive backfield will not be worse than last year and I expect the defensive line to be better.  The offense will be not be worse than last year.  Make no mistake this is not a great team, my only point is that this team is not worse than last year.  Revis, Mangold, Decker, Marshall contributed nothing last season.  Harris is a loss, however he is 34 years old also.  I feel very strongly Wilkerson & Richardson will be better than last year.

From my view point I'm just going to watch regular season games like I watch preseason games. I won't care about the score, I just want to see young players progress. It will be far less painful for all of us that way.

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Is that you walking around Times Square at the beginning of the video? put a shirt on man. :)

Actually the Jets had a decent roster that year.  Was the beginning of a decent team.  Bruce Harper, Scott Dierking, Todd, Wesley Walker, Jerome Barkum, Mickey Shuler,  Good O line, Klecko, Salaam, think Gastineau came the following year.  Buttle,  Owens.  

Think that team beats the 2017 Jets right now :)

Wasn't me in the video. LOL!

Yes that team did have a lot of good young talent. The Jets had some nice drafts in the late 70s.

40 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

From my view point I'm just going to watch regular season games like I watch preseason games. I won't care about the score, I just want to see young players progress. It will be far less painful for all of us that way.

I agree with your take on this season. To me, the season would be a success if the young talent improves as the season goes on.  I would also love to see Hackenberg develop into a real QB.

21 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Bowles is still our HC so we've got that working for us b

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Safeties, man!

They're gonna beat the Browns is how it will get effed up. 

23 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Exactly.

23 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

i remember back in 77 when the jets had a huge purge and also suffered through a number of bad seasons.  they drafted some very good players and it didn't take long for them to field a decent team.  interestingly, the 49er teams of the 80's started in the same fashion.  both teams were horrible in the 70's.  the 49ers became good by drafting well and hiring walsh.  no telling what would have happened if the jets kept michaels instead of promoting walton.

5 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

You know he's going to decide to stay in school LOL

i tend to agree.  he can read the papers too.  he knows what elllway  and  peyton did. he also knows about the dolts suking for luck. he also knows how sanchez fared as an underclassman draft pick. and he also knows how hack is getting slammed by the talking heads in the media without even stepping on the field.  why would he want to be drafted by the jets?

Just now, rangerous said:

i tend to agree.  he can read the papers too.  he knows what elllway  and  peyton did. he also knows about the dolts suking for luck. he also knows how sanchez fared as an underclassman draft pick. and he also knows how hack is getting slammed by the talking heads in the media without even stepping on the field.  why would he want to be drafted by the jets?

This is what scares me. Hopefully the lure of being the number 1 pick is to much for him to pass up. Assuming of course that he is the consensus number 1 after this upcoming season is over.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

I'd pay money for the transcript of Darnold talking to Sanchez about what it was like to play for the Jets, and if he (Darnold) should stay in school.

The sad thing is we have all been here before. I hope they do start McCown. The guy draws the #1 pick like sh*t draws flies. Whats his record starting games? Its too depressing to look up but We all know how bad he is and thats when he was young. IMHO I don't see him lasting more than 3-4 games before he has his bell rung or he is on IR. I'm not wishing him bad luck or anything but I'm just being realistic based on his history. Then we will have Petty/Hack out there and while that could be a good thing I'm pretty sure they combined will not play well enough to win more than one or two games. So at most 5 wins that with schedule but I'm thinking 3 is their ceiling. So will 3-13 be enough for the #1 pick? I think they will be top three. If Woody has the sack to fire Mac(hey that rhymes) then a QB will be picked. If not anyone's guess will as good as Macs as to who they pick.

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. No. His brother is in charge now and he never learned to read. 

2. 55% chance. Both bust from this year  and everyone knows you keep drafting safeties till you find six. 

3. No. Woody is in England and his brother has no idea who Bob Kraft is. But he is a huge fan of his cheese. 

4. 45% chance. After a conference call with Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, Christian Hackenburgh and Joe Namath they all stay in school. There will be 0 QBs coming out this year. Not one. Not even  the seniors. 

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

1. No. His brother is in charge now and he never learned to read. 

2. 55% chance. Both best this year and everyone knows you keep drafting safeties till you find six. 

3. No. Woody is in England and his brother has no idea who Bob Kraft is. But he is a huge fan of his cheese. 

4. 45% chance. After a conference call with Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, Christian Hackenburgh and Joe Namath they all stay in school. There will be 0 QBs coming out this year. Not one. Not even  the seniors. 

lol Grad school applications going up all over the country with every Jets loss.

Archived