Lorenzo Mauldin allegedly beats the sh*t out of 140lbs guy at the club because he spilled his drink on him

Matt39

I did read a quote by Lorenzo's lawyer who said that while the guy was definitely hit by someone it wasn't Mauldin. Another he said he said. A whole lotta lying going on in this country, it's becoming the American way of life but who knows maybe Mauldin is NG. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets' Lorenzo Mauldin innocent in assault lawsuit, says attorney

New York Jets outside linebacker Lorenzo Mauldin (55) speaks to the media as the Jets clean out their lockers after yesterday's season-ending loss to the Buffalo Bills. 1/4/16 (Andrew Mills | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com)

Jets linebacker Lorenzo Mauldin is being sued by a Queens man for assault at the Highline Ballroom in New York on April 2, according to a report from the New York Post.

Mauldin's attorney, Mitch Schuster, told NJ Advance Media the accusations against his client are "completely without merit."

"Lorenzo looks forward to getting this case dismissed," Schuster said. "It wasn't him. They really just have the wrong guy." 

Jean Lopez, 22, suffered multiple facial fractures and needed numerous plates after the alleged altercation, the report says. The incident apparently started after Lopez accidentally spilled champagne on Mauldin.

As Lopez was leaving the club, Mauldin allegedly punched him in the face. Another man, Reginald Cook, reportedly "acted in concert" by "pushing, grabbing and/or restraining" Lopez. No charges were filed after Lopez registered a complaint with the New York Police Department, but couldn't identify his attacker, per The Post. 

The NYPD and Manhattan District Attorney's Office are looking into the incident, according to The Post. 

A Jets spokesperson told NJ Advance Media the team is "aware of the situation, but have no further comment at this time." 

The Jets drafted Mauldin, 24, in the third round in 2015. He has appeared in 26 games since, registering a combined 33 tackles and 6.5 sacks as a situational pass rusher. 

This offseason, Mauldin dropped 10 pounds, which he believes will contribute to a breakout year. 

"I'm going to have my butt in the training room to stay healthy," Mauldin told NJ Advance Media in May. "I'm going to have my butt in the weight room to get stronger and faster. I'm in the playbook every day. I'm trying to learn new things I didn't know last year. Last season was a humbling year for me."  

Archived