Parting Ways After 29 Years

southtown24th

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

When the jets draft Darnold with the first pick all you guys will be begging to get back in. There is a vision, it just isn't too make PSL fans happy THIS year. Macc could have easily used to cap space, brought in some vets. Kept Harris, Decker etc and gone 7-9 this year. PSL owners would be happy to have some fun wins during the season and we'd be even farther from a title. 

Same Old JO JO.Who said we were out? If you no longer live in the state that doesn't make you any less of a fan. I travel to games all over the country to see this team. I have seen the Jets play in Detroit, Green Bay, Cincy, Cleveland, Indy, Tennessee, Carolina, Chicago,Kansas City, Georgia, New Orleans, Baltimore, Buffalo,New England, Minnesota, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and San Diego. In a lot of cases 2 or 3 times in those above mentioned places and more than that in the teams that have played in the AFC east's home cities. Hell I went to every away playoff game with the exception of Denver because of a death in the family. You must be dense SOJJ. Try reading the guys post and comprehending it before you spout your usual line of theres a plan bullsh*t. You have no idea what the "plan" is because no one but the Jets know what the "plan" is. You ASSUME you know what the plan is. Unless of course "real fans" like you are privy to some info we less fortunate fans aren't. How condescending can you be? SOJJ.

4 hours ago, southtown24th said:

; )

Enjoy your winters mate.

Lol I live in San Diego, it's in my name. I do actually enjoy my winters quite a bit. We did gave about 5 minutes of flurries about 7 or 8 years ago. I go to every Jets game when they are in town, and in three years or so even though I can go to Jets games in San Diego any longer. I have three teams close enough that hopefully I can see more than 1 game every 6 years,

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lol I live in San Diego, it's in my name. I do actually enjoy my winters quite a bit. We did gave about 5 minutes of flurries about 7 or 8 years ago. I go to every Jets game when they are in town, and in three years or so even though I can go to Jets games in San Diego any longer. I have three teams close enough that hopefully I can see more than 1 game every 6 years,

I've always just assumed the "sd" stood for "sexual deviant " !

13 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

When the time is right you will buy Jets packages... You will

You will......

How do I know

Because the Jets like the South shall rise Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NFL football nfl jets new york jets GIF

The South has never risen, except in areas where coastal elites have chosen to colonize it.

13 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Good riddance? Seriously, GFY. The Jets are finally finally FINALLY looking to build a franchise the right way and you get your panties all in a bunch about how they are ripping you off. Wrong. Go root for someone else. Chasing mediocrity so you can feel good about your PSL purchase is completely irrelevant as is your butthurt that you cannot sell your tickets. Well they will be hard to get in a few years. Good riddance to you, enjoy the LA Rams.

LOL. At least they are well stocked at safety. They may have the right idea by building through the draft but with all that cap space next season I can just see Mac getting away from that philosophy very quickly. Especially if Hack makes any progress at all this season. If that happens the "suck for sam" crowd will have their little panties in quite a bunch when Mac doesn't draft a QB.

16 hours ago, southtown24th said:

We have had season tickets since 1988--went with my Dad, brother and Uncle all throughout the 90s (in my youth), enjoyed the "runs" of 1998 and the 2000s and my last great memory of the Jets was being at the AFC Championship Game in Pittsburgh with my Dad in 2010...and we all know how that ended...in TRUE JETS FASHION...

My brother moved to LA in 2006, I moved to LA in 2013 and my Dad held on for the past 4 years piecing it together...last season he could not GIVE THE TICKETS AWAY when he could not attend--no friends would join him FOR FREE because of the product on the field--and he was just taking a financial beating year in and year out on the tickets, the preseason games and with little to no success on the field to speak of, my Dad getting older (pushing 70), it was time for our family to move on...I have no regrets or reservations about the decision.  My brother in law (sister married a Die Hard Jets fan in December) did not even want the tickets or show any interest in taking on the STH despite being an avid Jets fan and avid sports fanatic...that told us everything we needed to know about the value of these seats at this point in the game.

This franchise will always be my #1 and have the top spot in my heart and mind when it comes to sports fanhood...with that being said, they make it so ******* hard to hang on year in and year out through all of the HORRIBLE, DESPICABLE, DISGUSTING seasons where the product on the field is absolutely putrid.  As a result, my Dad will have to eat the $8,000.00 PSL fee he shelled out how ever many years ago...but it's best for him and us to cut bait now.   

Woody Johnson destroyed what little respectability this franchise had and there is no sign or harbinger of him parting ways with this organization any time soon.  We are the Cleveland Browns--maybe one step above, but that's it.  

There comes a crossroad in everyone's life (especially when your next of kin live across the country) when a tough decision has to be made and this was the best decision for my family.  We are not looking back or second guessing any part of it...it's the right time to walk away from this franchise financially...we will not be walking away emotionally but, these sunny Southern CA Fall/Winter Sundays significantly decrease the emotional attachment as the days go on... 

Good riddance.

I hope you were the jinx that held us back all these years and now that we got rid of you we will win 4 championships in the next 8 years and when you try to buy those tickets back they flag your card and wont even let you tailgate. Good luck 

15 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Good riddance? Seriously, GFY. The Jets are finally finally FINALLY looking to build a franchise the right way and you get your panties all in a bunch about how they are ripping you off. Wrong. Go root for someone else. Chasing mediocrity so you can feel good about your PSL purchase is completely irrelevant as is your butthurt that you cannot sell your tickets. Well they will be hard to get in a few years. Good riddance to you, enjoy the LA Rams.

We don't know if it is going to be built the right way.

We went through this in 88 and 89 when the leftovers from the Michaels/ Walton era were cleaned out for the Hasty's, Erik McMillian's, Dennis Byrd, Rob Moore etc. That didn't work.

When they left the brought in Kottite/ Parcells.  That should have worked but it didn't.

Mangini rebuilds again in 2006, Rex takes over, still nothing and now those left from those years are now gone as well.

I hope they get it right this time. I really do, but in all honesty I can't blame the dude for giving them up.

5 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

I hope you were the jinx that held us back all these years and now that we got rid of you we will win 4 championships in the next 8 years and when you try to buy those tickets back they flag your card and wont even let you tailgate. Good luck 

From your lips to God's ears.

And when I do come back (if I ever return to the God forsaken land known as NY/NJ), the Jets will gladly take me back...because money talks.

22 hours ago, southtown24th said:

We have had season tickets since 1988--went with my Dad, brother and Uncle all throughout the 90s (in my youth), enjoyed the "runs" of 1998 and the 2000s and my last great memory of the Jets was being at the AFC Championship Game in Pittsburgh with my Dad in 2010...and we all know how that ended...in TRUE JETS FASHION...

My brother moved to LA in 2006, I moved to LA in 2013 and my Dad held on for the past 4 years piecing it together...last season he could not GIVE THE TICKETS AWAY when he could not attend--no friends would join him FOR FREE because of the product on the field--and he was just taking a financial beating year in and year out on the tickets, the preseason games and with little to no success on the field to speak of, my Dad getting older (pushing 70), it was time for our family to move on...I have no regrets or reservations about the decision.  My brother in law (sister married a Die Hard Jets fan in December) did not even want the tickets or show any interest in taking on the STH despite being an avid Jets fan and avid sports fanatic...that told us everything we needed to know about the value of these seats at this point in the game.

This franchise will always be my #1 and have the top spot in my heart and mind when it comes to sports fanhood...with that being said, they make it so ******* hard to hang on year in and year out through all of the HORRIBLE, DESPICABLE, DISGUSTING seasons where the product on the field is absolutely putrid.  As a result, my Dad will have to eat the $8,000.00 PSL fee he shelled out how ever many years ago...but it's best for him and us to cut bait now.   

Woody Johnson destroyed what little respectability this franchise had and there is no sign or harbinger of him parting ways with this organization any time soon.  We are the Cleveland Browns--maybe one step above, but that's it.  

There comes a crossroad in everyone's life (especially when your next of kin live across the country) when a tough decision has to be made and this was the best decision for my family.  We are not looking back or second guessing any part of it...it's the right time to walk away from this franchise financially...we will not be walking away emotionally but, these sunny Southern CA Fall/Winter Sundays significantly decrease the emotional attachment as the days go on... 

Good riddance.

I feel your pain . Came very close to cancelling season tickets this year . Have had them since 1978 . An 0-16 season might put me over the edge .

I don't think the Jets will ever be competitive as long as Johnson owns the team.  Posts like the OP's may vary on the details, and his is complicated by his move to LA.  But it was clear enough to me he was also talking about his dad. I get it.  I understand it.

1 hour ago, Big Blocker said:

I don't think the Jets will ever be competitive as long as Johnson owns the team.  Posts like the OP's may vary on the details, and his is complicated by his move to LA.  But it was clear enough to me he was also talking about his dad. I get it.  I understand it.

Agreed.   many posters here act like if you don't watch every Sunday you're not a fan. WOody depends on guys like that.  In fact I was one. No more.  When I moved to NC in 95 ..there was no ability to watch or stream games.   I would watch a few games when possible but what  did I really miss???? From 95 to 96 was a dumpster fire.   

I now watch every week with a club here but this year...  I will miss a few weeks with travel, golf etc. 

This team is poorly run from the top down and why should we sit and watch every Sunday.  The signing of FITZ is everything that is wrong with the process.   Keep bringing in guys that are proven non winners, late in their career, draft poorly, over pay the wrong guy, let good players walk.  

On 6/12/2017 at 7:56 PM, SickJetFan said:

Can someone please tell me why ice cream doesn't melt anymore? And what new poison they have come up with to slowly kill us?

IDK

I live in Florida, and my ice cream melts way to fast.  Perhaps you should have a conversation with who ever is your ice cream supplier.

Does  she have an insurance policy on you.  

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Agreed.   many posters here act like if you don't watch every Sunday you're not a fan. WOody depends on guys like that.  In fact I was one. No more.  When I moved to NC in 95 ..there was no ability to watch or stream games.   I would watch a few games when possible but what  did I really miss???? From 95 to 96 was a dumpster fire.   

I now watch every week with a club here but this year...  I will miss a few weeks with travel, golf etc. 

This team is poorly run from the top down and why should we sit and watch every Sunday.  The signing of FITZ is everything that is wrong with the process.   Keep bringing in guys that are proven non winners, late in their career, draft poorly, over pay the wrong guy, let good players walk.  

100% agree.  I watched every single play for years and years and years...and now on Sundays, when it's 75 and sunny and the birds are chirping and I can literally do 10000 other things, I will still see every single play, I will just be quite busy right before and right after each game...and perhaps I'll miss a game or two, oh well.

3 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

I feel your pain . Came very close to cancelling season tickets this year . Have had them since 1978 . An 0-16 season might put me over the edge .

I hear you brother.  It wasn't my call, ultimately, but I do not blame my father one bit for finally cutting bait (financially) with this franchise.  It's going to happen.

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The South has never risen, except in areas where coastal elites have chosen to colonize it.

Hmmmmm you caught that as well, at least we can all be comforted by the fact that not every Jet fan is a boob.  

And that is a small consolation prize if you ask me!!!

I say!!!

Better to live in my fantasy world than the punishment that shall be the Jets!!

And that is all you will get from me......

Yankee!!!!

20 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmm you caught that as well, at least we can all be comforted by the fact that not every Jet fan is a boob.  

And that is a small consolation prize if you ask me!!!

I say!!!

Better to live in my fantasy world than the punishment that shall be the Jets!!

And that is all you will get from me......

Yankee!!!!

Can you Speak more about fantasy world and boobs please?

( I have a friend who's interested)

On 6/12/2017 at 7:02 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Then you used way too many words to just say I'm giving up my seats because I'm no longer in NY.

Moves 3,000 miles away. 

Gives up tickets. 

Thinks he's making a serious argument about loyalty.

SAR I

On 6/12/2017 at 7:14 PM, southtown24th said:

Would make me so ******* happy to see that.  Will be watching that all happen from my couch here in LA and when they head on the road to the playoffs/Super Bowl, I will be there.

Forgot one:

Admits to being front-runner. 

SAR I

Stub hub has slaughtered the value of owning season tickets, especially factoring in PSLs. The model needs to change or the extra/exclusive benefits need to be dramatically increased to swing the value proposition back on the side of owning season tickets.

Just my opinion, not knocking anyone who made a different choice for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think we need an archive for all of these goodbye threads, could be interesting to see how they look over time, seems to be a few every year, new OP (sometimes), same story (most times, Vick was an exception), similar responses, support or GFY from the faithful

some entertainment but feels like a remake of an old classic 

16 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

I don't think the Jets will ever be competitive as long as Johnson owns the team.

You are no doubt aware that the Woody Era has been the Jets best era for "being competitive" outside the singular success of 1969, right?

If not, you might want to take a look. While very up and down, and lacking consistent every-year quality, the Woody Era has undoubtedly been our best in this teams sad history.

So, yeah. 

Archived