Parting Ways After 29 Years

southtown24th

53 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Tanny was a shilty GM.   There is no evidence he drafted well  His drafts were driven by the HC .  The 2007 draft was a Mangini draft.  He is as dumb as Rex when it comes to evaluating talent. He blew our budget on Mark, Holmes, let Cotch walk, Favre walk etc.  He has NO balls. Please...absent a 2 year run, Tanny has been nothing to brag about.

So Mangini drafted Gholston?  And why isn’t this genius evaluator of talent in a front office somewhere?  Tannanebaum has rebuilt a 2nd team into a playoff team(an awful franchise in Miami) while Mangini never came close to be a playoff coach w/o Tannenbaum.  He went for it, we fell short and had to retool.  Instead of allowing him to do it we fired him and hired Idzik which set the franchise back at least 5 years.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/12/2017 at 5:54 PM, southtown24th said:

We have had season tickets since 1988--went with my Dad, brother and Uncle all throughout the 90s (in my youth), enjoyed the "runs" of 1998 and the 2000s and my last great memory of the Jets was being at the AFC Championship Game in Pittsburgh with my Dad in 2010...and we all know how that ended...in TRUE JETS FASHION...

My brother moved to LA in 2006, I moved to LA in 2013 and my Dad held on for the past 4 years piecing it together...last season he could not GIVE THE TICKETS AWAY when he could not attend--no friends would join him FOR FREE because of the product on the field--and he was just taking a financial beating year in and year out on the tickets, the preseason games and with little to no success on the field to speak of, my Dad getting older (pushing 70), it was time for our family to move on...I have no regrets or reservations about the decision.  My brother in law (sister married a Die Hard Jets fan in December) did not even want the tickets or show any interest in taking on the STH despite being an avid Jets fan and avid sports fanatic...that told us everything we needed to know about the value of these seats at this point in the game.

This franchise will always be my #1 and have the top spot in my heart and mind when it comes to sports fanhood...with that being said, they make it so ******* hard to hang on year in and year out through all of the HORRIBLE, DESPICABLE, DISGUSTING seasons where the product on the field is absolutely putrid.  As a result, my Dad will have to eat the $8,000.00 PSL fee he shelled out how ever many years ago...but it's best for him and us to cut bait now.   

Woody Johnson destroyed what little respectability this franchise had and there is no sign or harbinger of him parting ways with this organization any time soon.  We are the Cleveland Browns--maybe one step above, but that's it.  

There comes a crossroad in everyone's life (especially when your next of kin live across the country) when a tough decision has to be made and this was the best decision for my family.  We are not looking back or second guessing any part of it...it's the right time to walk away from this franchise financially...we will not be walking away emotionally but, these sunny Southern CA Fall/Winter Sundays significantly decrease the emotional attachment as the days go on... 

Good riddance.

You know, until Kraft bought the Patriots, the team had some minor success. They were the best team in the AFC, but got shafted by Ref Ben Dreith with the worst call in NFL history. 12/18/76. The Phantom Roughing the Passer Call versus the Raiders. The "Tuck Rule" can't hold a candle to Ben Dreith's call. 

Things start with the owner. NE was better than the Packers in the 1997 SB, but Parcels was so deep into the Jets' HC job that NE wasn't prepared. He wasn't engaged for that game because he was thinking about the next year! 

The Jets made some nice moves this offseason by dumping their overpriced and under performing. They also dumped the locker room cancer. The best move of the offseason was the pick they didn't make. They didn't take any of the QBs at #6. Sanchize is head and shoulders above this year's bums. The Jets won't be successful until Woody is gone. 

On 6/19/2017 at 10:27 AM, BleedinGreenNC said:

Where did i say that you cant support them unless you spend money on them? Dont make sh*t up sally. And the thread name is Parting after 29 years, maybe all you crybabies should go root for the Pats.

LOL. Are you a moron? You have been spouting nonsense about a guy who remains a Jet Fan but gave up his season tickets. You called him a quitter BECAUSE he gave up his tix after 29 seasons. Read what you are posting about Nancy before you comment on it. LOL. What a clown.

Archived