If you don't go to games are you a "real Jets fan"?

TuscanyTile2

Personally I've only gone to a handful of Jet games in my life (the best being 41-0 over the Colts in the playoffs and the worst probably being Vinny T's opening day ruptured Achilles tendon) but I certainly feel like a "real Jet fan".  Just wondering what the consensus on the forum is.

Side note: I would absolutely never even consider paying for a PSL.  I've always been a sports fan but ticket prices are absolutely insane.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had Season Tickets since 1978.  That said, no one has the right to judge how good a fan anyone is.  We all know in our own hearts how we feel about the Jets.  I don't think anyone can be a bigger fan than me, but life happens and sometimes you just can't get to the game.  Also tickets have gotten so expensive, economics sometimes dictate whether or not to buy tickets.

Bottom line, going to games is not a barometer on how big a fan one is.

18 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Please stop starting these type of threads. You KNOW the answer and the arguments that will ensue. 

You stop posting, I'll get off Cimini's payroll and stop posting his articles here. 

Uhm, it's the offseason.  Also, you don't have to click on this post if you don't want to.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Uhm, it's the offseason.  Also, you don't have to click on this post if you don't want to.

Just voicing the will of the people and trying to save your thread credibility, that's all. To hell with Max's server RAM!

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Are you really a fan if you choose to subsidize this organization? 

It's like NYC's welfare system: They think by throwing MORE money at it, the problem will go away, but actually it just emboldens the recipients to continue their misguided and floundering ways. 

Not everybody has the means to go to games regularly. Its not a requirement to be a real fan, just cheer for good things to happen to Gang Green and don't root for the Pats or Phins or something like that. Simple as that.

5 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

I wish I could go to a game.. you guys are lucky.

You pay your airfare and lodging. I'll treat you to a FREE game this year. I'll gladly email you the Tix.

And my generosity is mainly due to you ROCKING the SWEEEEET 80s/90s Kelly Green era on your avatar and Signature. 

Serious offer. :)

21 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

You pay your airfare and lodging. I'll treat you to a FREE game this year. I'll gladly email you the Tix.

And my generosity is mainly due to you ROCKING the SWEEEEET 80s/90s Kelly Green era on your avatar and Signature. 

Serious offer. :)

If I get the guts to do it this fall I'll let ya know :) I've got the money... just time (school/work) but ugh.. I've never been to an NFL game before.  Yeah.. living way out west.. it's hard.  But thank you for the offer :) 

**also edit thanks!  I'm holding out hope one day the logo I grew up with returns ;) 

Just now, Matthew007b said:

If I get the guts to do it this fall I'll let ya know :) I've got the money... just time (school/work) but ugh.. I've never been to an NFL game before.  Yeah.. living way out west.. it's hard.  But thank you for the offer :) 

Keep at it. The sacrifice is worth it. My offer stands fellow Jets Fan. 

32 minutes ago, thadude said:

We get it.  You think Macagnan has drafted the next Favre (Petty) and the next Brady (Hack) in back to back seasons

Never said that.

What "WE GET" is that you contribute nothing positive or informative regarding the Jets. We get it, you HATE the current regime, I don't fault you for that and you are entitled to your opinion. Yet, you really don't add ANYTHING to the conversation except for false information and classic trolling statements that are meant to rile people up; you should be better than that, but sadly aren't. 

I sincerely don't get you being on this forum if you are just going to bash the organization, which you're entitled to I guess, but do realize you make it rather unbearable for the rest who want to hold valid debates and discussions without someone CONSTANTLY $hitting on the topic. 

I'm on the fence with Mac, and VERY disappointed in Bowles, but being a FAN of the team means you acknowledge the bad and hope for the good. You just keep beating a dead horse with "the bad" to the point that one asks what are you doing here if there's NOTHING you can contribute to a competent and NON-bashing debate amongst Jet fans?

54 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

**also edit thanks!  I'm holding out hope one day the logo I grew up with returns ;) 

How to simulate going to a Jets game:

1. Put $500 dollars in cash into an envelope and send it to a billionaire, who will hide that cash in the Cayman Islands. To get the full effect, add an extra $20,000 dollars for your Personal Freezer License.

2. Lock yourself in a freezer for four hours and think about how much your dad resented your birth. Try not to piss yourself. To get the full effect, piss yourself, collect it in a plastic cup, drink it, then send another $14 to the billionaire from Item 1.

3. Every five minutes, adopt a Staten Island accent and loudly explain to yourself how Kyle Clifton was actually better than Harry Carson. Use increasingly loud, drunken, combative and racist language. To get the full effect, have your two fattest neighbors squeeze into the freezer and start fistfighting.

4. Try to leave early, but ensure you can't open the freezer door by having your neighbor roll his barbecue grill in front of it. This is the parking lot simulation. To get the full effect, have your neighbor bash a Corona bottle against the freezer when you ask him to move the grill.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

How to simulate going to a Jets game:

1. Put $500 dollars in cash into an envelope and send it to a billionaire, who will hide that cash in the Cayman Islands. To get the full effect, add an extra $20,000 dollars for your Personal Freezer License.

2. Lock yourself in a freezer for four hours and think about how much your dad resented your birth. Try not to piss yourself. To get the full effect, piss yourself, collect it in a plastic cup, drink it, then send another $14 to the billionaire from Item 1.

3. Every five minutes, adopt a Staten Island accent and loudly explain to yourself how Kyle Clifton was actually better than Harry Carson. Use increasingly loud, drunken, combative and racist language. To get the full effect, have your two fattest neighbors squeeze into the freezer and start fistfighting.

4. Try to leave early, but ensure you can't open the freezer door by having your neighbor roll his barbecue grill in front of it. This is the parking lot simulation. To get the full effect, have your neighbor bash a Corona bottle against the freezer when you ask him to move the grill.

Post of the year.

If you've experienced the promise of hope, of victory leading to an erection only spoken of in mythical brothels, only to have your dreams dashed in despair leaving your guts pouring out f your abdomen from a swift sword slash, as your head on a stake in some medieval sacrificial ceremony, as you stare into oblivion while the cold hard stare of truth and misery winks at you...then you're a Jets fan who has witnessed the mud bowl, the gastineu late hit, the fake spike, the fumbles in denver, the torn achilles, the butt fumble, etc.

Exactly Adonis beast. I think a fan is also measured by how much he longs for the games, (I'm rarely interested in a game if it's not a Jets game...) I still remember telephone numbers by the numbers of long time Jets whose jerseys are embedded in my mind... 

Definition of organization

1. 1a :  the act or process of organizing or of being organized the organization of his material into a speechb :  the condition or manner of being organized a group with a high degree of organization

2. 2a :  association, society charitable organizationsb :  an administrative and functional structure (such as a business or a political party) The new president plans to make changes to the company's organization.; also :  the personnel of such a structure The organization will vote on the proposed changes.

Archived