Jump to content

If you don't go to games are you a "real Jets fan"?


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Call them what you want, but there are different levels of fans.  No different than a Private is not a Corporal is not a Sargent.  The pecking order begins with those who write fat checks to the Jets every April. 

Different degrees of financial investment, time investment, and family-prioritization. 

SAR I

yes and you are a private -thankfully I dont have to see your kind in the coaches club -

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How to simulate going to a Jets game: 1. Put $500 dollars in cash into an envelope and send it to a billionaire, who will hide that cash in the Cayman Islands. To get the full effect, add an extr

I've had Season Tickets since 1978.  That said, no one has the right to judge how good a fan anyone is.  We all know in our own hearts how we feel about the Jets.  I don't think anyone can be a bigger

I wish I could go to a game.. you guys are lucky.

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

This sentence sez volumes about your priorities. I hope you don't have kids or a wife because you value money and time over them and you deserve what you get.Furthermore numbnuts I'm a 2nd generation season ticket holder who was going to games before PSL's ever existed. The only reason I gave mine up was because I moved out of state. I gave my cash and my time long before your pompous ass contributed anything to this team. You think because your stupid enough to spend that money your daddy left makes you anymore of a fan?  Nah. It just makes you a poser with so many issues they can't begin to be counted. Textbook bro simply textbook.

"Time" equals the 7 hours I am at a football game and missing my kids ballet recitals, baseball games, hockey games, etc. dozens of which I have not attended because of my dedication to the Jets.

My father left me no money.  I made my fortune without such help.

When you learn how to spell poseur you can call me one.  Until then shut your mouth.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

This the statement of a clueless individual. You can tell you've never served in the military just by this statement. You're literally to stupid to insult. Amazing!!!!

You blue collar types never cease to amaze me.  Learn your place, boy.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kmnj said:

yes and you are a private -thankfully I dont have to see your kind in the coaches club -

 

My Jets budget is $5,000 a year.  There are those who spend more and I therefore respect them more.  If you are a Coaches Club Seat owner, props to you, I bow in your presence.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And the opposite is my point.

Going to a single game is a 7 hour commitment.  You wake up early, you get to the stadium hours in advance, you watch warmups, you grab lunch, you watch the game.  When its over, you sit in traffic and get home late.  Typical 1:00 game my day starts at 10:00 and ends at 5:00.

Someone who doesn't go?  Roll out of bed at 12:45, turn on the game, pick your ass, eat pretzels.  Halftime you masturbate.  Second half you nap.  It's not the same thing.

SAR I

It's completely the same thing. You're watching and supporting your team. That's all that matters. Being in the stadium is irrelevant. Majority of teams fan bases doesn't go to the games. Some people like the stadium atmosphere, some don't. There's so many examples of why people can't go to the stadium, and none of them revolve around not being a "real fan".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Call them what you want, but there are different levels of fans.  No different than a Private is not a Corporal is not a Sargent.  The pecking order begins with those who write fat checks to the Jets every April. 

Different degrees of financial investment, time investment, and family-prioritization. 

SAR I

I disagree but to each their own I guess. I gave up my tix as I was coming out of college and try to go to 1 to 2 games a year just because I miss it from time to time. But people have tons of reasons for not going.

What about the guy who simply can not afford it? Is he less of a fan than someone who can? I don't understand how someone can think they are more of a fan because they like to sit in the stadium and watch the games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Call them what you want, but there are different levels of fans.  No different than a Private is not a Corporal is not a Sargent.  The pecking order begins with those who write fat checks to the Jets every April. 

Different degrees of financial investment, time investment, and family-prioritization. 

SAR I

You can only be a real Jets fan if you have "rich fun money" to spend. What don't you people get. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's completely the same thing. You're watching and supporting your team. That's all that matters. Being in the stadium is irrelevant. Majority of teams fan bases doesn't go to the games. Some people like the stadium atmosphere, some don't. There's so many examples of why people can't go to the stadium, and none of them revolve around not being a "real fan".

It is not the same thing.

I'm a big Yankees fan.  I don't view myself as the same level of fan as a guy who has 4 season tickets and drags himself to the city 80 times a year.  I may paint my face and sit in the same lucky spot on the couch each inning but I'm in the comfort of my own home and not in the Bronx.

The delusion that you non-season ticket holding fans live under, must be nice.  "I make no effort and spend no money, but shucks, I'm just a big a fan as that guy freezing his ass off at MetLife in December".  Be real.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I disagree but to each their own I guess. I gave up my tix as I was coming out of college and try to go to 1 to 2 games a year just because I miss it from time to time. But people have tons of reasons for not going.

What about the guy who simply can not afford it? Is he less of a fan than someone who can? I don't understand how someone can think they are more of a fan because they like to sit in the stadium and watch the games.

Yes.  Whether due to no bank or no willingness to spend bank, the end result is the same.

You are a "C" level fan.  The "B" level fans pay for season tickets and attend most games.  The "A" level fans pay for season tickets and go to every game.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mtwarlock31 said:

You can only be a real Jets fan if you have "rich fun money" to spend. What don't you people get. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

When I was in college and didn't have two nickels to rub together I still spent the money I earned at part time student jobs to attend a few games each year.

Early in my career when mortgages, kids, and college funds were the priority, I was a season ticket holder when that money could have gone elsewhere.

Neither of those phases of my life made me "rich".  They just made me "diehard".

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

When I was in college and didn't have two nickels to rub together I still spent the money I earned at part time student jobs to attend a few games each year.

Early in my career when mortgages, kids, and college funds were the priority, I was a season ticket holder when that money could have gone elsewhere.

Neither of those phases of my life made me "rich".  They just made me "diehard".

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  Whether due to no bank or no willingness to spend bank, the end result is the same.

You are a "C" level fan.  The "B" level fans pay for season tickets and attend most games.  The "A" level fans pay for season tickets and go to every game.

SAR I

 

So you are telling us at one point you were never an "A" level fan while the burpers and the farters were? That is inconceivable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  Whether due to no bank or no willingness to spend bank, the end result is the same.

You are a "C" level fan.  The "B" level fans pay for season tickets and attend most games.  The "A" level fans pay for season tickets and go to every game.

SAR I

That's not how I judge somebodies fandom. That makes no sense. But ok. To each their own.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It is not the same thing.

I'm a big Yankees fan.  I don't view myself as the same level of fan as a guy who has 4 season tickets and drags himself to the city 80 times a year.  I may paint my face and sit in the same lucky spot on the couch each inning but I'm in the comfort of my own home and not in the Bronx.

The delusion that you non-season ticket holding fans live under, must be nice.  "I make no effort and spend no money, but shucks, I'm just a big a fan as that guy freezing his ass off at MetLife in December".  Be real.

SAR I

It is the same thing as far as fandom goes. I can't believe we have to have this conversation LOL

Judging somebodies fandom by how many games they go to a year is dumb. I'm sorry but it just is.

You're wearing this like a badge of honor. Let's be real like you said. You're driving to Met Life stadium to watch a game. You aren't storming the beaches of Normandy on D-Day.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

"Time" equals the 7 hours I am at a football game and missing my kids ballet recitals, baseball games, hockey games, etc. dozens of which I have not attended because of my dedication to the Jets.

My father left me no money.  I made my fortune without such help.

When you learn how to spell poseur you can call me one.  Until then shut your mouth.

SAR I

Awww did you get butthurt? Sorry my napoleon complex having friend. I did my time in Shea and at the Meadowlands AND went to all my kids functions. You need to take your entitled butt and sit with the real Jetfan who keeps guys like you in the money. I see your a Skankee Fan as well. Typical. I used to throw guys like you out of that Stadium when I worked there. My greatest joy was after handcuffing your type was showing my Met Jersey under my Supervisors jacket while escorting you out. Drove guys like you bananas!

Whats the matter you couldn't get on the Giants Season Ticket list so you settled for the Jets? LOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It is the same thing as far as fandom goes. I can't believe we have to have this conversation LOL

Judging somebodies fandom by how many games they go to a year is dumb. I'm sorry but it just is.

You're wearing this like a badge of honor. Let's be real like you said. You're driving to Met Life stadium to watch a game. You aren't storming the beaches of Normandy on D-Day.

Wait.  Good analogy.  Who is the more dedicated soldier:

1.  The corporal who was asked to board a convoy and storm the beaches at Normandy and said, no thanks, I'm going to stay in my tent.

2.  The corporal who was asked to board a convoy and storm the beaches at Normandy and said, yes sir, I'm in, let's go.

Just because they both wear the same uniform doesn't make them the same solider. 

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Awww did you get butthurt? Sorry my napoleon complex having friend. I did my time in Shea and at the Meadowlands AND went to all my kids functions. You need to take your entitled butt and sit with the real Jetfan who keeps guys like you in the money. I see your a Skankee Fan as well. Typical. I used to throw guys like you out of that Stadium when I worked there. My greatest joy was after handcuffing your type was showing my Met Jersey under my Supervisors jacket while escorting you out. Drove guys like you bananas!

Whats the matter you couldn't get on the Giants Season Ticket list so you settled for the Jets? LOL.

Sorry, I can't respond to this.  I don't talk to my gardener or my plumber either, so don't feel bad.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Pedestrian, officers vs. enlisted men, A-level, B-level, C-level, fortune, poseur.

I never liked the other place.  Did he run the same bit over there?   

It's not a bit, it's just honesty.  We don't live in a fair, equal world.  Just because someone says "I'm the biggest Jets fan!" from their couch doesn't make it so.  The money you invest on the team matters.  The time you invest each gameday matters. 

And, for the record, I'm a Level B, I'm what you'd call a middle-class Jets fan.  I spend the money on season tickets and I go to most games.  I'm not as diehard or dedicated as a Club seat owner or a PSL owner who attends every game.  He trumps me just like I trump you.  Some policemen write parking tickets, some policemen bust into crack dens, they're not the same.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

 The money you invest on the team matters.  The time you invest each gameday matters. 

LMFAO yea right............what would you qualify as being you sellout on a regular basis to opposing teams fans no less. 

No way in hell you could be like this in real life. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Wait.  Good analogy.  Who is the more dedicated soldier:

1.  The corporal who was asked to board a convoy and storm the beaches at Normandy and said, no thanks, I'm going to stay in my tent.

2.  The corporal who was asked to board a convoy and storm the beaches at Normandy and said, yes sir, I'm in, let's go.

Just because they both wear the same uniform doesn't make them the same solider. 

SAR I

I'm assuming you're just having fun with this. You can't possibly be trying to compare those circumstances to going to a New York Jets football game.

If fans ran the risk of dying at a Jets game you would be right.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just in it for the success, really. example:

 

i was at a club a few years ago, grinding up on this chick that was one of my friend's friend's friend

"hey"..."sup"

"so uh...were you at the party last week?"

"no, i was at the jets game. i'm a jets fan!"

"oh, that's hot! i like football!"

10 minutes later, bam, 2nd base.

 

true story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

I'm just in it for the success, really. example:

 

i was at a club a few years ago, grinding up on this chick that was one of my friend's friend's friend

"hey"..."sup"

"so uh...were you at the party last week?"

"no, i was at the jets game. i'm a jets fan!"

"oh, that's hot! i like football!"

10 minutes later, bam, 2nd base.

 

true story.

Baller. Captain. Cugine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

I'm just in it for the success, really. example:

 

i was at a club a few years ago, grinding up on this chick that was one of my friend's friend's friend

"hey"..."sup"

"so uh...were you at the party last week?"

"no, i was at the jets game. i'm a jets fan!"

"oh, that's hot! i like football!"

10 minutes later, bam, 2nd base.

 

true story.

@T0mShane would have banged her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Hey, I lived in New Hampshire for 14 years and was a NYJ season ticket holder.  I attended every game in Foxboro in those years and drove down 10 hours round trip 4x a year for Jets games.  I know what it means to be a long distance fan.

But I'd never 1) post in a forum how I was giving up my tickets because the team wasn't contending and 2) act like I was Mr. Super Fan for doing so.

Diehard fans are defined during hard times, not good times.  That's sort of Fandom 101.

SAR I

I agree with you 100%.  Even after my wife (she a Patriot fan) and I moved to Michigan we continued to use our season tickets.  I have to be honest, we did give up our tickets, I may have posted that here but I never stopped being a fan.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2017 at 9:56 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Personally I've only gone to a handful of Jet games in my life (the best being 41-0 over the Colts in the playoffs and the worst probably being Vinny T's opening day ruptured Achilles tendon) but I certainly feel like a "real Jet fan".  Just wondering what the consensus on the forum is.

Side note: I would absolutely never even consider paying for a PSL.  I've always been a sports fan but ticket prices are absolutely insane.

No games ; lowest form of fan .

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sorry, I can't respond to this.  I don't talk to my gardener or my plumber either, so don't feel bad.

SAR I

LOL. What a surprise. More blather from someone of so little substance and intelligence that they cannot realize they have responded and shown their true colors. Anyone who flaunts their wealth surely does not have much of it and those who belittle people who supposedly have less money then them are devoid of class entirely. Sums you up quite nicely my condescending friend.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. What a surprise. More blather from someone of so little substance and intelligence that they cannot realize they have responded and shown their true colors. Anyone who flaunts their wealth surely does not have much of it and those who belittle people who supposedly have less money then them are devoid of class entirely. Sums you up quite nicely my condescending friend.

It's his cheesy schtick, it gets old quick and not worth the attention. Most likely to compensate some type of Napoleonic complex below the belt. :D

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...