No Pain no Gain

Jetster

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I am not speculated at all... All I said is I don't know... They could be great... They could be busts... Too Early

Right but that can also be said with any player chosen in any round. You take the best players available at the positions of greater need at the higher rounds. We SUCK at the cb position and we signed a fragile Claiborne that Dallas, a SB contender, didn't want to deal with anymore. Smarter move would have been to take top CB on the board. 

5 hours ago, Azuma said:

Right but that can also be said with any player chosen in any round. You take the best players available at the positions of greater need at the higher rounds. We SUCK at the cb position and we signed a fragile Claiborne that Dallas, a SB contender, didn't want to deal with anymore. Smarter move would have been to take top CB on the board. 

Says you... Can't wait for you to eat crow when Maye shows up

I've been a Jet fan since Namath. Since the beginning of free agency the Jets have made stupid moves. Leonard Marshall, Ronnie Lott, Bubby Brister, bringing back Revis, and on & on it goes.

Instead of putting all of their efforts into finding a f*cking QB! They missed out on Favre & Bradway instead of trying to trade for him with Atlanta lets the Green Bay GM (who was with the Jets when they missed him) trade for him. 

Over & over its just terrible leadership, drafting, and free agent signings. At least Mac keeps trying to balance both drafting for needs & trying to find a QB. He drafted Petty & Hackenberg, the jury is out, but like others here have already stated, even his free agency signing are structured in a way that they haven't handcuffed our FUTURE. 

That's a very important fact. I have no idea who will rise from this young group of draftees, but this team is WAY AHEAD of where they were coming out of the Idzik rebuild to where we are now. We had David Nelson & Clyde Gates, Brad Salas, ect. Going into 2017 season we have an awesome young group with way more potential. Anderson, Peake, Stewart, Hanson, Leggette. Young LBs in Lee & Jenkins. Of course we'll struggle until we find our QB but there is no way you can tell me that Macc hasn't at least brought in a bunch of kids with measurable & success at the highest levels in college.

We have no idea how good or great some of these kids will turn out to be, but I love the direction of finally turning to youth. Great teams are built with unity & almost always with a group of players who grow together, struggle together & then have success together. While I loved Brick & Mangold, they never seemed to want to take vocal lead roles on the team. I've always felt that the Jets just haven't had a great mix of leaders. Football is an emotional game and you need those leaders when things aren't going your way. Guys like Marshall, Revis, are not guys that young guys can rally around, they're way too selfish at this point in their careers. Leaders emerge if you let them. With all of this youth, a few of these guys will emerge, I'm looking forward to see who they are. Leonard Wiliams will be one, I think Lee in his 2nd year will be another, Adams is a given, Carpenter & Winters on the Oline, Powell, and someone will break out on Special Teams, since that is always the "hustle" guys. 

Archived