New rock group - Greta Van Vleet

Jetsfan80

So I know I have the worst taste in music in JN history, but I had to post a thread on these guys.  This group formed in 2012 in Michigan and released their first single this year ("Highway Tune"). 

Lead singer sounds a ton like Robert Plant and their guitar riffs remind me of Blackfoot and other southern rock groups.  It's a pretty awesome cocktail.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/16/2017 at 10:17 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Heard on the radio today that the OLDEST member of the group is 20 years old.

Crazy.

Reminds me of Def Leppard, whom I believe were all around that age when they hit it big. Heard Greta on Howard Stern for the first...and only time. Radio sucks for new music. 

On 6/14/2017 at 12:40 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

So I know I have the worst taste in music in JN history, but I had to post a thread on these guys.  This group formed in 2012 in Michigan and released their first single this year ("Highway Tune"). 

Lead singer sounds a ton like Robert Plant and their guitar riffs remind me of Blackfoot and other southern rock groups.  It's a pretty awesome cocktail.

They are pretty good live too. definitely appreciate this type of music instead of the new age electro-lite-pop junk..

23 minutes ago, Stark said:

this is Jack White but with a chic singer.... or his voice after a few concerts

Is that bad? Jack White is one of the best musicians of my generation. He's written so many great songs and he's a great drummer too (bastard!). I like Deap Vally because they're not a "throwback" but a representation of what today's rock and roll sounds like. No offense to this band, but they're for 40-50 year old guys trying to relive the 70s, or a younger guy that hasn't discovered much new music lately. However, that doesn't mean there isn't a bunch of rock and rollers out there right now trying new things.

Deap Vally is a band of two females rocking the fk out which you don't see every day, but sure.

37 minutes ago, Drums said:

Is that bad? Jack White is one of the best musicians of my generation. He's written so many great songs and he's a great drummer too (bastard!). I like Deap Vally because they're not a "throwback" but a representation of what today's rock and roll sounds like. No offense to this band, but they're for 40-50 year old guys trying to relive the 70s, or a younger guy that hasn't discovered much new music lately. However, that doesn't mean there isn't a bunch of rock and rollers out there right now trying new things.

Deap Vally is a band of two females rocking the fk out which you don't see every day, but sure.

i didn't mean it in a bad way, the music just gave me that feel almost like if I didn't see the video I would almost expect to hear Jack Whites voice on the track.

• 1 month later...

Archived