Isnt this what the fans wanted?

UnitedWhofans

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

Cut McCown and yes, this is exactly what we wanted 2 years ago.  

Exactly. I think when they signed McClown they either weren't in full tank mood or didn't want to make it more obvious than they had to. When to people have to decide on season tickets? maybe that had some impact. Not it seems that they're not afraid to let it all hang out, even while denying it.

Take away signing the loser vet QB and putting Harris on the curb like a broken fridge and I'm a happy guy. As long as Hack gets 10-12 starts this is a no lose: either he lights it up and there's no doubt he can be a top 10-12 QB or he doesn't and we win two games and are in position for a potential franchise QB. And even if he plays great, we're almost assured of having another top 6 pick, another chance to add a building block player. Maybe they'd even consider an offensive player this time.

7 hours ago, jgb said:

4-12 would be an epic failure and put the top QBs out of reach. It will also probably happen as the Jets can't even tank properly.

Memories of 2007. We're 3-13 and the Chiefs are 3-13, and we win in freaking OT. Mangini should have benched Nugent the whole game and let Dewayne Robertson handle kicking duties. Hell, he should have benched at least half his starters instead of having them risk serious injury that could have carried over to 2008. 

Yet again in 2014. We're 2-11 and we win 2 of our last 3 (including a late 4th QB gamewinning TD against the 2-12 Titans, and Geno picking that game to post a perfect passer rating against Miami), so we pick 6th in a 2-QB draft. Then again, maybe that wouldn't have mattered anyway; in March '15 we were rumored to have a handshake deal with Kelly/Philadelphia to trade down if Mariota was available at our pick.

:bag: 

Memories of 2007. We're 3-13 and the Chiefs are 3-13, and we win in freaking OT. Mangini should have benched Nugent the whole game and let Dewayne Robertson handle kicking duties. Hell, he should have benched at least half his starters instead of having them risk serious injury that could have carried over to 2008. 

Yet again in 2014. We're 2-11 and we win 2 of our last 3 (including a late 4th QB gamewinning TD against the 2-12 Titans, and Geno picking that game to post a perfect passer rating against Miami), so we pick 6th in a 2-QB draft. Then again, maybe that wouldn't have mattered anyway; in March '15 we were rumored to have a handshake deal with Kelly/Philadelphia to trade down if Mariota was available at our pick.

We play pats week 17 this year. They will have homefield clinched. We will need the loss to secure one of top qbs in draft. Belichick will be trying to lose to screw us by losing. It will be epic.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Brady's a catcher said:

Exactly. I think when they signed McClown they either weren't in full tank mood or didn't want to make it more obvious than they had to. When to people have to decide on season tickets? maybe that had some impact.

Tier 2 fans only buy tickets because of Josh McCown. 

Exactly. I think when they signed McClown they either weren't in full tank mood or didn't want to make it more obvious than they had to. When to people have to decide on season tickets? maybe that had some impact. Not it seems that they're not afraid to let it all hang out, even while denying it.
Take away signing the loser vet QB and putting Harris on the curb like a broken fridge and I'm a happy guy. As long as Hack gets 10-12 starts this is a no lose: either he lights it up and there's no doubt he can be a top 10-12 QB or he doesn't and we win two games and are in position for a potential franchise QB. And even if he plays great, we're almost assured of having another top 6 pick, another chance to add a building block player. Maybe they'd even consider an offensive player this time.

I would rather have vomit and a QB than a team of foundational players with a dog QB.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Looking at this as a Patriots' fan, I think the Jets have made a lot of smart moves this offseason. They've cut dead weight, under performing players, a bad locker room guy, and maybe the best move they made was NOT picking a QB at #6. Sure, they'll be pretty bad for a couple of years, but if they make some smart draft choices, who knows? 0-16, 1-15, or 2-14 and #1 or #2 overall pick is much better than 6-10 and a lower pick. BTW, nobody in NE thinks the Jets are tanking. Smart decisions.

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Josh McCown is not exactly a beacon of the youth movement. Neither were the admitted attempts to resign Ryan Clady and Brandon Marshall.  Demario Davis is younger than David Harris?  Huzzah!

Or trying to talk a 41 year old Steve Smith out of retirement

There is 0.0 plan

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We'll figure out a way to win 4 games next season by accident which means no Darnold, Allen or Rosen

22 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

A completely young roster. A potentially high draft pick. 

Of course they did!  But they also want everyone fired, rehired, and fired, and rehired, ad nausem as well. 

What would be great is to see another owner offer Woody money he can't refuse, and then actually stay the hell out of the way.  Let the organization be run, you know, professionally.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The great irony of this story is that in all three of these instances, we were lectured nonstop about how you can't ever root for the Jets to lose and they have to try to win every game. Those same people are now praising a GM for ditching an entire season before ******* June. 

4 hours ago, thadude said:

Well that's going to be our record after McCown wins a couple games.  You guys, this is not a tank job

That's funny; McCown can a) Win almost a quarter of his career wins in one season and b.  stay healthy enough to play enough games to win that many.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

Our GM is rebuilding, 3 years after rebuilding, doing a complete overhaul of the roster that he built just 3 years ago.

Yes, this is exactly what I wanted. 

Go Jets!!!

So according to you, Mac built the roster in 1 year .. Is he the only GM to ever build an entire roster in 1 year ?  

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Our GM is rebuilding, 3 years after rebuilding, doing a complete overhaul of the roster that he built just 3 years ago.

Go Jets!!!

Idzik gave Revis and Wilk those God-awful contracts and wasted high draft picks on Devin Smith, Darron Lee and Hackenberg

This is exactly what 90% of the board screamed for in January. The problem is Jet fans and their addiction to feeling incomplacent at all times. They have been misrerable and misguided for so long that even when there isn't a big deal to be made.. there has to be a big deal made. All of you wanted Harris gone..we managed to get pretty much the same player for a cheaper price minus the Jet reputation and leadership. Decker was a good soldier most the time...but with like 6 Purple Heart awards. Guy couldn't really stay on the field for a whole season and let's be real..without Marshall, Eric would be drawing the best corner and he simply wouldn't be as effective in 17' as he was in '15. Marshall even had double coverage so Decker really benefited from that all year. We will have SO much cap space...maybe a high draft pick and hopefully 5 or 6 solid players coming into their own(Lee, Jenkins, Maye, Hack, Enunwa, Anderson)..with a few cornerstones as well.(Williams, Adams) the future isn't as dark as people make it out to be and we are NOT two years away from being two years away...this is NOT the worst roster ever. We are a NY team. The media are blood suckers and over dramatic babies. Stop accepting their poor writing as reality and open your eyes.

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The great irony of this story is that in all three of these instances, we were lectured nonstop about how you can't ever root for the Jets to lose and they have to try to win every game. Those same people are now praising a GM for ditching an entire season before ******* June. 

Oh yes, I recall.

"I never root for my team to win."

"That would just encourage a culture of losing."

"The draft is just a crapshoot anyway." 

"I'm a better fan than you."

"Here are spoilers for the upcoming Star Wars movie."

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Go Jets!!!

Mac wasn't on the team three years ago so this is just a dumb statement.

8 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Mac wasn't on the team three years ago so this is just a dumb statement.

Oh no?  He hasnt been here for 3 offseasons?  I swear he drafted Leo and signed a bunch of sh*tty vets.  Probably getting GM's confused. 

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Be fair.  Everybody knows that you need 3 drafts to determine if a GM is any good and you need 3 seasons to determine if a draft is good.  We should know by 2020.

So you give this guy 6 years to see if his 1st three years sucked or not.

Well I did want a younger roster I just didnt want them to take 2 guys at essentially the same position in the first 2 rounds then crap the bed for the rest of the draft. I give them a pass in the first round but everything after that pick was and is suspect. THIS TEAM NEEDED OFFENSE in the early rounds. It was there for the taking and they did what they did. Not my idea of building through the draft.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

This is exactly what 90% of the board screamed for in January. The problem is Jet fans and their addiction to feeling incomplacent at all times. They have been misrerable and misguided for so long that even when there isn't a big deal to be made.. there has to be a big deal made. All of you wanted Harris gone..we managed to get pretty much the same player for a cheaper price minus the Jet reputation and leadership. Decker was a good soldier most the time...but with like 6 Purple Heart awards. Guy couldn't really stay on the field for a whole season and let's be real..without Marshall, Eric would be drawing the best corner and he simply wouldn't be as effective in 17' as he was in '15. Marshall even had double coverage so Decker really benefited from that all year. We will have SO much cap space...maybe a high draft pick and hopefully 5 or 6 solid players coming into their own(Lee, Jenkins, Maye, Hack, Enunwa, Anderson)..with a few cornerstones as well.(Williams, Adams) the future isn't as dark as people make it out to be and we are NOT two years away from being two years away...this is NOT the worst roster ever. We are a NY team. The media are blood suckers and over dramatic babies. Stop accepting their poor writing as reality and open your eyes.

Unfortunately the same 90% was wrong and we're not even really tanking

Archived