The Hack fan bus is fueling up....

JohnnyLV

36 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Of course we release him when he is 27. 

Standard operating procedure.

Joking aside though, I think our fans are completely oblivious to the statistics tied to the maturation process for QBs. They all want a guy that's going to come in, get "developed" in about 3 weeks, and have us deep in the playoffs as a rookie. Those cases are anomaly. Decent QBs usually kick around for 5-6 years, and then figure sh*t out. Only the truly special ones are immediate studs... and at this point, we're so far from competency at that position, I'd take the more attainable "decent QB" scenario happily.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Standard operating procedure.

Joking aside though, I think our fans are completely oblivious to the statistics tied to the maturation process for QBs. They all want a guy that's going to come in, get "developed" in about 3 weeks, and have us deep in the playoffs as a rookie. Those cases are anomaly. Decent QBs usually kick around for 5-6 years, and then figure sh*t out. Only the truly special ones are immediate studs... and at this point, we're so far from competency at that position, I'd take the more attainable "decent QB" scenario happily.

More than anything, this is why the league needs some sort of a farm system. 

20 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

More than anything, this is why the league needs some sort of a farm system. 

Yea, I agree. The farm system used to be college. But these college programs don't even really play the same version of football, so it's become obsolete in terms of preparing a lot of these players. 

Guy looks terrible in college.  (you can't judge him!  He had a bad oline and bad coach!)  Wait until he is in the pros!

Guy looks awful in his 1st camp and preseason games (around 37% accuracy in both games last year.)  You can't judge him in such a short period of time!  Give him a break!

Guy looks bad to start the otas, 'You can't judge him!  Wait, give him a chance!'

Guy looks decent in a couple of practices.  'We have our Qb of the future!  I told you so!'

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Guy looks terrible in college.  (you can't judge him!  He had a bad oline and bad coach!)  Wait until he is in the pros!

Guy looks awful in his 1st camp and preseason games (around 37% accuracy in both games last year.)  You can't judge him in such a short period of time!  Give him a break!

Guy looks bad to start the otas, 'You can't judge him!  Wait, give him a chance!'

Guy looks decent in a couple of practices.  'We have our Qb of the future!  I told you so!'

Amazing, you'll continue to beat him up for last preseason and PSU but now are making shlt up about this season.  

Must be killing you that he has looked good.  A decent couple of practices and was terrible in OTAs.  Thankfully it's only you who's saying these things.  

Stick to your story though.  This fanbase never ceases to amaze.  Really positive reports are met with posts like this.  You'd think good news should make us happy.  

On 6/20/2017 at 0:30 PM, greenwave81 said:

I'm not too worried about that....hell, even when we had an already stacked DL Macc still took the best talent at 6 when he drafted Leo. Unless Hack or Petty displays that they're the second coming of a legit NFL franchise QB, Macc values the QB position too much to pass on a legit franchise QB prospect.

If Mac's in a position to take a blue chip QB, I just can't see him pass on it.  Even if Hack plays fair (best case scenario this coming year) he can be used as trade bait.  If Mac whiffs and pulls a Cleveland Brown moment, we officially become the Cleveland Browns. 

3 hours ago, thadude said:

Why are some Jets fans so emotionally invested in Hack?  He was a crappy 2nd round pick it happens

Simply put you DO NOT KNOW THAT. GFY with this senseless and incessant Hack bashing. Go troll somewhere else.

7 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Maybe because he is a Jet  and we are Jet fans? I know, this is really complicated stuff.

Would you root for guys who try to hit women or assault people in bars if they were jets?  Oh wait

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Amazing, you'll continue to beat him up for last preseason and PSU but now are making shlt up about this season.  

Must be killing you that he has looked good.  A decent couple of practices and was terrible in OTAs.  Thankfully it's only you who's saying these things.  

Stick to your story though.  This fanbase never ceases to amaze.  Really positive reports are met with posts like this.  You'd think good news should make us happy.  

No I am beating you and a host of other fans up for ignoring his negative parts and then gloming onto a couple of practices now and saying he is very promising all of a sudden.  If his recent two practices are very relevant then all of the previous negatives that were ignored or excused away were relevant,

4 hours ago, thadude said:

Not bashing.  Hack is terrible what else am I supposed to say?

But you DO NOT know that. No Jets fan knows if he is good or bad, we only get little snippets of info from coaches and beat reporters. We will only know if he is good when he plays in games. And last years 2 preseason games do not count. By all accounts, he is markedly improved over last year. And I find it interesting that his footwork being bad has not been mentioned by anyone which was the source of much of his issues. Jeremy Bates had great things to say about him, and the beat reporters were actually positive by the end of minicamp. But neither you or I or anyone else on the planet, including Jets coaches, will know if he is good, bad or indifferent until we actually see him play. And that is just fact. Constantly saying he sucks with no evidence of that adds no value at all to this board.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No I am beating you and a host of other fans up for ignoring his negative parts and then gloming onto a couple of practices now and saying he is very promising all of a sudden.  If his recent two practices are very relevant then all of the previous negatives that were ignored or excused away were relevant,

No uore not.  Anymore than youre being a fair minded fan.  Youre a SOJF who cant stop whining about Hack and more.  Hes played well, but some fools want to ignore this, some are shltty enough posters to make things up.  

You've got it to 2 whole practices now?  LOL, cant make this up.  Must be great to have as much insight as thadude, JWN and the other SOJFs who populate the board

Archived