The Hack fan bus is fueling up....

JohnnyLV

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No I am beating you and a host of other fans up for ignoring his negative parts and then gloming onto a couple of practices now and saying he is very promising all of a sudden.  If his recent two practices are very relevant then all of the previous negatives that were ignored or excused away were relevant,

Umm, wouldn't the last two practices been infinitely more relevant than what is in the past because he is learning? It's almost the exact same thing as saying little Tommy sucks at reading because he used to be bad at reading because that is just as relevant as his current ability. Wow that is just plain dumb

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Umm, wouldn't the last two practices been infinitely more relevant than what is in the past because he is learning? It's almost the exact same thing as saying little Tommy sucks at reading because he used to be bad at reading because that is just as relevant as his current ability. Wow that is just plain dumb

I must be like little Tommy because I don't understand what you wrote at all

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

22 hours ago, JimmyD said:

I'm on board with Hackenberg he has to he must beat out Josh McCowan and Bryce Petty he has to earn that position .So far he's doing OK He seems to be adopting well to the West Coast offense . But we shall see when the pads go on

Sent from my LGLS775 using JetNation.com mobile app

Welcome to the board!

There has never been a young quarterback was attacked by the media so much before he started a game. Never..:this is definitely new territory.

I could understand the hate if this guy was coming out of college like lavar ball or rex ryan, saying how amazing he is, how many rings he'll win by carrying any team that drafts him.

He's by all accounts a good kid, whose only "controversey" is his accuracy. He may suck, he might be good, but people need to relax. 

Analyzing ota throws?! Thats a new one, seriously. Oh he threw an incomplete pass when the wr fell down, and it bounced off the ground and hit Cimini (a Jet troll who would have easily sacrificed Hack if the story went any other way, but Cimino did the right thing and said it was a non issue). While other "reporters" took that and twisted it into "he's hitting reporters! He's so bad he cant even hit a receiver."

Then someone posts a video of completing a pass. "Rudimentary throw, its ota's in shorts lets not get too excited. Plus, that wr had to extend his arms a little further than he should have." Lol oook.

Hackenberg will have to be amazing this year to avoid the Jets drafting the future franchise QB next april... he'd have to be the reason we win 8-9 games. Very unlikely.

But I'm hoping he shows enough to be a competitor we can keep as a back up. That's an underrated need, and the difference sometimes between playoffs or not when your starter misses 2-3 games, which lets be honest happens quite a bit. 

So much much hot air in this thread. From both sides.

We'll get to see Hack for real soon enough. And then we can judge for ourselves his progress (or lack thereof).

No need to sperge the same old Geno-esque debates over again now. Neither Hacks harshest critics nor his most adament defenders know what Hack is today, so ffs just wait.

We'll see soon enough.

On 6/22/2017 at 3:08 PM, johnnysd said:

But you DO NOT know that. No Jets fan knows if he is good or bad, we only get little snippets of info from coaches and beat reporters. We will only know if he is good when he plays in games. And last years 2 preseason games do not count. By all accounts, he is markedly improved over last year. And I find it interesting that his footwork being bad has not been mentioned by anyone which was the source of much of his issues. Jeremy Bates had great things to say about him, and the beat reporters were actually positive by the end of minicamp. But neither you or I or anyone else on the planet, including Jets coaches, will know if he is good, bad or indifferent until we actually see him play. And that is just fact. Constantly saying he sucks with no evidence of that adds no value at all to this board.

I agree with that. Fans can't help but pretend they're unheralded GM's who can see just from a few clips that a player is great or a bust. But we all know that it's almost always a matter of dumb luck combined with the reality that most players don't reach beyond mediocrity. It's a matter of statistics, not brilliance on the part of the ignorant fan. But don't tell him that. He'll quickly mention "the eye test." :)

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

So much much hot air in this thread. From both sides.

We'll get to see Hack for real soon enough. And then we can judge for ourselves his progress (or lack thereof).

No need to sperge the same old Geno-esque debates over again now. Neither Hacks harshest critics nor his most adament defenders know what Hack is today, so ffs just wait.

We'll see soon enough.

I've expressed the same view. Patience is a virtue. Let's give him at least until the end of the pre-season. If he sucks, we'll have some actually data to confirm it. Until then, the hot air machine continues to blow.

On the bus..off the bus whats the difference? According to most the seasons screwed before it starts and the franchise is yet to be drafted. I will wait to see how it all plays out but I will be rooting for the guy regardless.

On 6/22/2017 at 10:52 AM, Beerfish said:

No I am beating you and a host of other fans up for ignoring his negative parts and then gloming onto a couple of practices now and saying he is very promising all of a sudden.  If his recent two practices are very relevant then all of the previous negatives that were ignored or excused away were relevant,

The negatives are so far overblown that they can diminished...

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

Hackenberg will have to be amazing this year to avoid the Jets drafting the future franchise QB next april... he'd have to be the reason we win 8-9 games. Very unlikely.

But I'm hoping he shows enough to be a competitor we can keep as a back up. That's an underrated need, and the difference sometimes between playoffs or not when your starter misses 2-3 games, which lets be honest happens quite a bit. 

I think its more likely they not that the jets end up middle of the road this year...

Archived