Shefter: David Harris to Pats

C Mart

9 minutes ago, jackhuntr said:

Reminds me of when Shaun Ellis went to play for the Pats and every one was upset, and he turned out to be a non-factor.

To me, that's not really the point.  Harris is a ring of honor player here.  His legacy in the eyes of fans is now damaged. You can dismiss it saying the NFL is just a business and loyalty is a two way street or whatever, and that's fine. It is a business. It's a sports-entertainment business and our former hero in David Harris just turned heel in my eyes. 

I liken it to when Jason Taylor came here, I knew it burned up so many Dolphins fans and I was so happy to have him here on full display in Green and White just ending his career in a sad spiral. Always respected him, but getting to see Dolphins fans turn in disgust when he was on TV in a Jets uni was priceless. So when Belli takes our players or the vagiants take our players, just to seemingly rub our noses in it...yup it burns. We are fans. We naturally get attached to the talent that plays here.  Then they go rep a hated rival and go on TV spouting their new company lines and simultaneously taking shots at the Jets for being a second rate organization.  And I totally get it, it's worth every penny of their meager "end of career" contracts to keep the Jets looking like a dogsh*t empire for the owners of those 2 douchebag ridden teams.  I wish we had an owner who could even grasp the bigger game being played here.  But for me to sit here and wish him well and "like" that he went to a team using him to rub our teams nose in a big pile of sh*t....just because, he was a terrific player for us.....nope.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

I was simply correcting a mistake that another poster made. Most fanbases want to be informed. What I said was no different that if someone said Harris signed with the Rams. Would you not have corrected that error? The few times I've posted here have been in support of what the Jets have been doing and I just wanted to clear up a false reference.

no, you were trolling.  You want an opportunity to make the feeble argument that the Patriots aren't a cheating organization?  Then start your own thread.  Not in this thread, sir.  Frankly, you are wasting your time here.  It has been discussed to death for years and the verdict is in. For you to even attempt a pathetic revival of the discussion is futile.

5 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

I was simply correcting a mistake that another poster made. Most fanbases want to be informed. What I said was no different that if someone said Harris signed with the Rams. Would you not have corrected that error? The few times I've posted here have been in support of what the Jets have been doing and I just wanted to clear up a false reference.

Only mistake was you showing up here today you pompous prick. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

disagree.  If you watched Harris closely the last 2-3 seasons, his slowness is very noticeable.  And I love the guy, trust me.  He just may be the slowest LB in the NFL. I still love the guy.  But trust me that the most damage this signing is causing is to Jets fans egos.  It will have little impact on the field other than making NE's LB crew much slower.

Agree and it gives the media another chance to say that the Pats beat the Jets yet again which is total BS. This is much ado about nothing in reality. If it were 5 years ago then fine Harris was a major player, not anymore. They just got a lot slower in their LB corps.

10 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

LOL now I'm eagerly waiting for the link to "your-team-cheats.com"

2 hours ago, JiF said:

He will look good hoisting the Lombardi. 

Worst to First.  Good for him. 

agreed !.. one of our best players... ever  B)

oh well,.. cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

58 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Stay on topic or I will end you. Who the hell you think you are to come here to our message board and tell us what we can and can't discuss jerk-off? This thread is to discuss a very good Jet leaving to more than likely win a championship with the Pats. Not another he said she said pissing contest. We have had plenty of those. Not doing that today. 

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Only mistake was you showing up here today you pompous prick. 

17171.gif

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet  

The #Patriots gave ex-#Jets LB David Harris a 2-year deal worth $5M base value, source said, with $1.25M guaranteed. Up to $6.75M total.

But he wouldnt restructure with us?  I guess this is the pay cut you take when you know the super bowl is all but guaranteed. 

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hes washed up.  He will help on first and 2nd down but hes not a difference maker. Who cares.

Belichick isn't dumb enough to use Harris on 3rd down he won't be on the field in nickel and dime formations

hey !.. any of u guys remember victor green ?

in 2002 we let him go  :cry:..  he signed with the pats. his first trip back.. he intercepted a vinny t. pass &  returned it 90 yds for a touchdown    :( 

4 minutes ago, kelly said:

hey !.. any of u guys remember victor green ?

in 2002 we let him go  :cry:..  he signed with the pats. his first trip back.. he intercepted a vinny t. pass &  returned it 90 yds for a touchdown    :( 

Harris getting a pick 6 off Hack would be HILARIOUS 

4 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Good for you Harris. You deserved better from the Jets

No he didn't and hopefully when we meet the Patriots this year, one of our youngsters will show our fan base why it was necessary to part ways with this player . I wish nothing but the best for David Harris, as a person, but on the football field, he's the opposition and subject to treatment deserving of such .

When you're in command,  you command, and sometimes decisions are made that need to be made even if not always comfortable .

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet  

The #Patriots gave ex-#Jets LB David Harris a 2-year deal worth $5M base value, source said, with $1.25M guaranteed. Up to $6.75M total.

This should put much of the whining among fans to a rest.  Harris agreed to a 2-year contract that is worth less than he was due to be paid for just this year with the Jets, even if he plays out the entire deal and hits all of the incentives (two things that are far from guaranteed for any contracts the Pats give out).  That's an admission from Harris himself that he wasn't worth the money he was due on his Jets contract.

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet  

Wait. Someone please tell me our offer was north of that. If so, Harris is a bum. If not, we sucks so bad. So so bad.

27 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

No he didn't and hopefully when we meet the Patriots this year, one of our youngsters will show our fan base why it was necessary to part ways with this player . I wish nothing but the best for David Harris, as a person, but on the football field, he's the opposition and subject to treatment deserving of such .

When you're in command,  you command, and sometimes decisions are made that need to be made even if not always comfortable .

Got news for you. Patriots are going to win the AFCEast this year again. It won't even be close. Barring injury, they're probably going to win the Super Bowl again as well. Harris was nothing but a stand up guy and a great player. I hope he  gets a ring

Archived