Shefter: David Harris to Pats

C Mart

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Harris will provide some great intel on Bowles and Ryan defenses, BB is a student of the game, also a douche, but sadly another good move by them

Revis will be next, I will make sure to tel Direct TV, I cancelling my subscription because I am a Jets fan 

Yeah cuz no one has solved Bowles's defense yet

There's also something about fans being loyal to all time great Jets players. And not wanting to cut them the minute they slow down or aren't as good as they used to be. There could have been a role for Harris with the Jets. I mean it looks like somebody competent thinks he can still play. That's how I feel about Harris. As for Revis he used to be my favorite Jets player but I'm happy he's gone. I didn't like what I saw on the field from him last season. 

On June 21, 2017 at 11:20 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

They aren't going for a Superbowl. Nobody here seems to get that. They're going all out for a perfect season. Bellicheck wants to rub that in Don Shulas face for calling him out in the media several times over the years. He wants to shut up all of those pathetic old guys like Mercury Morris. He wants to end he and Toms Career with the best, most dominant, most successful NFL season ever.

The Patriots aren't  winning every game this year. They play all the teams from Afc West this year , and will have some losses.( brutal tough division )  You have a better chance of winning the lottery, than the Patriots going undefeated this year.

Now you say the Patriots are the favorites to represent the Afc in the Super Bowl, I don't think anyone would disagree with that point. ( they are defending champions, and till someone knocks them off have to be the favorites).

18 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

The Patriots aren't  winning every game this year. They play all the teams from Afc West this year , and will have some losses.( brutal tough division )  You have a better chance of winning the lottery, than the Patriots going undefeated this year.

Now you say the Patriots are the favorites to represent the Afc in the Super Bowl, I don't think anyone would disagree with that point. ( they are defending champions, and till someone knocks them off have to be the favorites).

LOL. David Carr doesn't play defense. Brady is going to ride your defense next year so hard YOU will need a suppository.

On 6/22/2017 at 6:37 PM, Rangers9 said:

There's also something about fans being loyal to all time great Jets players. And not wanting to cut them the minute they slow down or aren't as good as they used to be. There could have been a role for Harris with the Jets. I mean it looks like somebody competent thinks he can still play. That's how I feel about Harris. As for Revis he used to be my favorite Jets player but I'm happy he's gone. I didn't like what I saw on the field from him last season. 

Stevie Wonder didn't like what he saw either.   Revis being gone is the only move McCagnan got right this offseason.

On 24 June 2017 at 3:00 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

LOL. David Carr doesn't play defense. Brady is going to ride your defense next year so hard YOU will need a suppository.

I don't like the Raiders, but I hope Khalil Mack breaks Brady in half.

Suck it up buttercups. Nothing the Pats do will effect the Jets during our rebuild. David Harris might not even make it out of the Patriots camp in preseason. I hope to god he's on the field when we play them so Morton can target him.

Bilal will spin him like a top. This is just Belichick poking at the Jets like he does every year, another Sean Ellis pickup. Same scenario, Ellis at end of career, signs with Pats, Jet fans lament, rinse & repeat. David Harris won't be the reason the Pats are in another Super Bowl.

On 6/21/2017 at 7:34 AM, JiF said:

They're winning the Super Bowl.  100% guaranteed. 

+1

This is probably the best team the Patriots have ever had, right up there with the 2008 team that was 2 minutes away from 19-0.  I think the Pats truly realize that the window with Brady will start to close.  Whether it's one year, two or even three more, they know it's not 5 or 6 more seasons of Brady.  That's why they've pivoted from their usual approach of not spending big in FA or trading picks for veterans.

Good for David Harris.  Bad for the Jets.  Oh well, they great Draft class with Revis and Harris will end up with two Super Bowl rings.....neither with the Jets.  Par for the course with this cursed franchise.  Might as well give Mo Lewis a handful of honorary SB rings for ushering in the Brady era while we're at it!

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

Suck it up buttercups. Nothing the Pats do will effect the Jets during our rebuild. David Harris might not even make it out of the Patriots camp in preseason. I hope to god he's on the field when we play them so Morton can target him.

Bilal will spin him like a top. This is just Belichick poking at the Jets like he does every year, another Sean Ellis pickup. Same scenario, Ellis at end of career, signs with Pats, Jet fans lament, rinse & repeat. David Harris won't be the reason the Pats are in another Super Bowl.

lol Bilal isn't running past Harris. Harris is a tackling machine. 

On 26 June 2017 at 0:02 AM, phill1c said:

yeah, a tackling machine...after the player makes a 1st down. 

No thanks!

Old and slow, two down thumper.

I loved Harris has a player, but he's been a liability for a while.

It's Bill Bilacheat just tweeking the Jets noses, every chance he gets.

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Old and slow, two down thumper.

I loved Harris has a player, but he's been a liability for a while.

It's Bill Bilacheat just tweeking the Jets noses, every chance he gets.

I don't think the Jets care. They got rid of Harris for a reason. Maybe BB is just tweaking Jets FANS noses. Oh wait, he couldn't care less...

I think Harris could be effective, in the Sean Ellis vein. That is, not particularly.

And, at some point, the winning will stop. I think this offseason's 'loading up' is the start of it...

4 hours ago, phill1c said:

I don't think the Jets care. They got rid of Harris for a reason. Maybe BB is just tweaking Jets FANS noses. Oh wait, he couldn't care less...

I think Harris could be effective, in the Sean Ellis vein. That is, not particularly.

And, at some point, the winning will stop. I think this offseason's 'loading up' is the start of it...

Oh Bill hates the Jets, and loves to remind us. I hope Harris is has affective as Ellis when he went to the Pats.

On June 23, 2017 at 10:00 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

It's Derek,  not David. Raiders defense will be so much better this year , than last year.   Three  reason why , 1. injuries on the defense line , 2.  poor coaching job by Delrio ( real DC ),  and 3. Didn't have anyone to cover the Te ( every team Te ) or smaller speedy Wr's.    Those  all were big reason the defense  underperformed.

The return of De/DT Mario Edwards Jr- who missed most of the season on Ir ( never was totally healthy . When Healthy he every bit the impact player K Mack is.( just does it differently.   Edwards loss forced the Raiders to play a raw player Jihad Ward and Denico Autry ( excellent situational player but not a fulltime starter- doesn't help he was playing with one hand. Both had trouble holding  up at the point of attack. With additions they made in the draft this area will be bigtime upgrade.  Raiders are going to hit the Qb in 2017. ( no way Patriots offense line can block their defense line) 

The Raiders hired ex Chargers Dc( John Pagano- Wade Phillips disciple as Assisant head coach.   Right now is working with the secondary, but should be the guy pulling the strings on defense.( giving Ken Norton Jr instruction) . The Raiders have two physical big man to man Cb's. ( D Amerson, and Sean Smith)     It was criminal to ask them to play off coverage,(that isn't either game.) or to cover smaller faster Wr.( poor matchup) .   First Pagano going to do a better job disguising the coverage they are in, and second they added a lot of guys in the secondary to shore up the weak areas.   G Conley  will get the smaller  faster shifter Wr in coverage.    Obi Melifonwu 6'4 220 was drafted to match up to the Te's .( expect Keith McGill 6'3 215 to be another guy they use in that role. ( whether they are at Wlb or Ss)  Maturation of Karl Joseph and this secondary has a lot more answers .

Only question mark is MLB.    They really don't have an experience guy to Qb the defense.( have a lot of young unproven lb's who they  need one to step up.( could eventually come from some teams cuts).

Also with The Raider offense they now possess, they don't need a top five defense. Just need that group to be average , as that will be more than enough to challenge any NFL team.

5 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

It's Derek,  not David. Raiders defense will be so much better this year , than last year.   Three  reason why , 1. injuries on the defense line , 2.  poor coaching job by Delrio ( real DC ),  and 3. Didn't have anyone to cover the Te ( every team Te ) or smaller speedy Wr's.    Those  all were big reason the defense  underperformed.

The return of De/DT Mario Edwards Jr- who missed most of the season on Ir ( never was totally healthy . When Healthy he every bit the impact player K Mack is.( just does it differently.   Edwards loss forced the Raiders to play a raw player Jihad Ward and Denico Autry ( excellent situational player but not a fulltime starter- doesn't help he was playing with one hand. Both had trouble holding  up at the point of attack. With additions they made in the draft this area will be bigtime upgrade.  Raiders are going to hit the Qb in 2017. ( no way Patriots offense line can block their defense line) 

The Raiders hired ex Chargers Dc( John Pagano- Wade Phillips disciple as Assisant head coach.   Right now is working with the secondary, but should be the guy pulling the strings on defense.( giving Ken Norton Jr instruction) . The Raiders have two physical big man to man Cb's. ( D Amerson, and Sean Smith)     It was criminal to ask them to play off coverage,(that isn't either game.) or to cover smaller faster Wr.( poor matchup) .   First Pagano going to do a better job disguising the coverage they are in, and second they added a lot of guys in the secondary to shore up the weak areas.   G Conley  will get the smaller  faster shifter Wr in coverage.    Obi Melifonwu 6'4 220 was drafted to match up to the Te's .( expect Keith McGill 6'3 215 to be another guy they use in that role. ( whether they are at Wlb or Ss)  Maturation of Karl Joseph and this secondary has a lot more answers .

Only question mark is MLB.    They really don't have an experience guy to Qb the defense.( have a lot of young unproven lb's who they  need one to step up.( could eventually come from some teams cuts).

Also with The Raider offense they now possess, they don't need a top five defense. Just need that group to be average , as that will be more than enough to challenge any NFL team.

We don't care about the Raiduhs. Stop wasting everyone's time by playing the role of Raiduh-advocate on a Jets board. In other words, cool story bro.  Bye

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

flwIorD.jpg

23 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Oh Bill hates the Jets, and loves to remind us. I hope Harris is has affective as Ellis when he went to the Pats.

Sad for him then. I mean, the Jets DID actually offer him his second head coaching job.

• 1 month later...

Archived