Shefter: David Harris to Pats

C Mart

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Pac said:

Good fit..  Patriots don't like their players talking and Harris hasn't said anything particularly interesting in his life.

Harris will be retire after this year and will have had a very good pro career.  Can't hate him.

He just signed a two year contract . 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

With like a quarter of the total value guaranteed. 

He's retiring after this year or getting cut then retiring. 

Yes.  If you're Harris, you already know that your contract was bigger than your production at this stage of your career, and that kind of money is no longer feasible.  So if you're going to get half that amount for a year or two, might as well go to the best place in the NFL for a chance at a ring.  If he gets it, I think he'll retire.  He doesn't seem the type to be an obvious slouch on the field after getting  it like some others...  rhymes with Bevis. 

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

OUCH !!!!!!!!!!                                                            Class act hard to root against this guy. 

Image result for david harris ny jets pics

Been actively rooting for him to  be replaced for a couple of seasons now so nah, it's pretty easy.  Especially when you see that a half-caring "I got my money" Revis could cover a wheel route or TE better than him every goddamn Sunday.  

F*ck David Harris and more importantly, f*ck the Pats.

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It's not semantics. It's communication.

Semantics is what a word, phrase, or sentence means. Lol this is exactly semantics. You think I meant one thing with what I wrote, I'm telling you I meant something else. Nevertheless, its over now. 

8 hours ago, thadude said:

Hey why don't we compare regular and playoff record between the two coaches?  

I hear Rex is applying for a DL coaching position for some D3 school in East Bumblefk in the mid west, can you confirm? If so, good luck to him, hope he gets it.

23 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Semantics is what a word, phrase, or sentence means. Lol this is exactly semantics. You think I meant one thing with what I wrote, I'm telling you I meant something else. Nevertheless, its over now. 

Seems like it isn't. But maybe that's semantics.

19 hours ago, Freemanm said:

Got news for you. Patriots are going to win the AFCEast this year again. It won't even be close. Barring injury, they're probably going to win the Super Bowl again as well. Harris was nothing but a stand up guy and a great player. I hope he  gets a ring

As do I, and yes, he was a stand up guy . It was also time for us to part ways and to be honest, it was maybe 1 year  to late .  They're players on the Roster that I favor, like any other fan, but make no mistake, I root for the name on the front of the uniform, not the name on the back of it . 

Well, the unthinkable is happening. I know what you're going to say. This happens a lot in the NFL. But we could have retained him and probably for a similar price. Look, the Jets didn't do right by both Harris and Decker. They cut them in June months after free agency started. I'm sure players in the NFL have noted this and might not in the future want to sign with an org like us. As for the Patriots look BB doesn't hand out cash. He looked at the film and saw that Harris still can have a role and be productive. So for all of those fans who wanted to cut him. Because he has slowed down and part of his game isn't elite. As usual you don't know what you're talking about. 

Archived