JN Mafia: Revenge of the Nerds

11 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I put you at L3 More to even the trains bc who knows. You Shouldn't have revealed yet. 

Ape and Ballin def higher up the radar. I have no read on Dpr currently. 

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure it does.  Because this was the vote count BEFORE JiF announced he'd be dropping the deadline, when we were mere minutes from the deadline:

5 different trains, with the top one being at L-3. 

Just call me Nostradamus for seeing this ahead of time, and I'll accept you apology.

I'd rather call you idiot for revealing.

That being said that reveal seems like horsesh*t to me as if you made something up and jumped the gun.

Some form of watcher ? Really ... Did JIF tell you you were some ofrm of something or did he tell you exactly what you were ? This just does not jive with me at all.

Unvote Nyn 

will wait on 80's response

6 minutes ago, Nolder said:

80 I find your claim lacking.

Can you get some clarification ASAP about the female players thing and report back?

Just now, Smashmouth said:

I'd rather call you idiot for revealing.

That being said that reveal seems like horsesh*t to me as if you made something up and jumped the gun.

Some form of watcher ? Really ... Did JIF tell you you were some ofrm of something or did he tell you exactly what you were ? This just does not jive with me at all.

Unvote Nyn 

will wait on 80's response

Requesting clarification now. 

2 hours ago, D P R said:

I may or may not be back for DL and I need to rr, but here's my reads:

1. Nolder - Best pick for scum. Pushing a joke vote case speaks for itself.

2. Crushlove - Seems fine so far.

3. Leelou - Seems fine so far.

4. 80 - No bueno. Didn't like his following Nolder on my train. Could jut be terrible play, but...

5. Hess - Seems fine so far. 

6. DPR - heh

7. Ape - No bueno. Another one that followed Nol onto my train. New style is annoying.

8. Smash - Seems fine so far.

9. Verb - Seems fine so far.

10.  Nyn - Eh, hopped on my train but isn't pushing the case like Nol, 80 or Ape. 

11. BallinBP - Seems fine so far, but not around much.

12. Jetscode - Seems fine so far. 

I didn't follow Nolder. I don't follow anyone. My new style is the same as my old style = better than you at this.

Your posts are drenched in narratives and connecting people together. You earlier promised that 1 of Nolder or 80 is scum, after story-telling about what they were doing. Now you're suggesting I'm scum for following Nolder, but you're saying Nolder is your best bet for scum... so, by that logic, you're saying Nolder and I are piggy-backing as scum mates. 

You know I've played this game before, right? So has Nolder. So, what you're suggesting we're doing as scum mates is GROSSLY unrealistic. 

You flail with narratives and horrid logic when you are scum.

42 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm not really saying Nol is scummy just find it funny Nyn followed his lead fairly quickly. DPR is a pain in the ass for me to read. Sometimes hes wacked out of his mind other times hes right on point. He seems fixated on Nol but I've seen that before as well.

He's not hard to read. Ignore the personality part, and focus on the types of logic he's suggesting as viable rationale. You do that, and he emerges as possible the worst mafia player ever... or full-of-sh*t scum.

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Literally you're almost word for word getting behind the Ape here.  It's a dumb argument.  Asking for consolidation is not the same as "Deadline Mongering".  It's by-the-book play.  The goal is to get to competing trains.  I don't particularly get why this is a big deal, and the Ape pushed really hard that I was "overreacting".  The overreaction would be coming from someone trying to support a terrible case.

At least DPR's case on me is that I was pushing what Nolder was selling.  THAT at least makes sense.  But the Ape tried to spin it as me trying to deflect from his case on DPR, even though my vote was already on DPR.  Just a weird case all around. 

Stop whelping you ******* pansy. You were over-reacting. You responded several times to contest what I said, and it did detract from the case I made on DPR in the moment. If you truly felt DPR was scum, then why worry about the shade I threw at you so much? 

I didn't spin anything, I gave an account of cause and effect.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I didn't follow Nolder. I don't follow anyone. My new style is the same as my old style = better than you at this.

Your posts are drenched in narratives and connecting people together. You earlier promised that 1 of Nolder or 80 is scum, after story-telling about what they were doing. Now you're suggesting I'm scum for following Nolder, but you're saying Nolder is your best bet for scum... so, by that logic, you're saying Nolder and I are piggy-backing as scum mates. 

You know I've played this game before, right? So has Nolder. So, what you're suggesting we're doing as scum mates is GROSSLY unrealistic. 

You flail with narratives and horrid logic when you are scum.

He's not hard to read. Ignore the personality part, and focus on the types of logic he's suggesting as viable rationale. You do that, and he emerges as possible the worst mafia player ever... or full-of-sh*t scum.

Stop whelping you ******* pansy. You were over-reacting. You responded several times to contest what I said, and it did detract from the case I made on DPR in the moment. If you truly felt DPR was scum, then why worry about the shade I threw at you so much? 

I didn't spin anything, I gave an account of cause and effect.

Ape Im going to ask you what do you think of 80's claim ? "Some form of Watcher ?

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Who revealed?

80 and it looks like poop to me what you think ?

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Looks like I'm L-3?  I'll go ahead and reveal. 

My role is some form of watcher.  The role allows me to watch girls and see who visits them.  I don't know if this means I can only view female players; was waiting until night to clarify on this.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, why don't I see your reveal. What are you claiming? 

think you missed a page

• Upvote 1

think you missed a page

I missed it, thanks.

From a thematic standpoint, it sounds like how JIF my adapt a role from a couple of the movie characters. There were a lot of things like this:

revenge-of-the-nerds-panty-raid.jpg

I personally don't think 80 is scum. I've been using his to reaction test others, hence my exchange with him last night. I won't be voting anyone but DPR - unless something monumentally revealing comes up.

The key thing is getting clarification about the term "girls", and what that means to the role. I don't know what "some form" means, unless the "girls" part is some sort of qualifier that creates a limitation to the role.

I missed it, thanks.

From a thematic standpoint, it sounds like how JIF my adapt a role from a couple of the movie characters. There were a lot of things like this:

revenge-of-the-nerds-panty-raid.jpg

I personally don't think 80 is scum. I've been using his to reaction test others, hence my exchange with him last night. I won't be voting anyone but DPR - unless something monumentally revealing comes up.

Cool I don't remember the movie much, if I even watched the entire thing lol. Even if the subject matter might help the role make sense I still don't like the way 80 worded it nor his timing on the reveal. Claiming hes going to ask the mod is always a "im gonna buy myself some time" kinda thing . Looks like a lazy scum reveal to me

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Looks like I'm L-3?  I'll go ahead and reveal. 

My role is some form of watcher.  The role allows me to watch girls and see who visits them.  I don't know if this means I can only view female players; was waiting until night to clarify on this.

Hmmmm, so basically jifs role from last game? Hmmmm

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well yeah for 80. 

Anything could be a 3rd party, it'll be a huge distraction to start chasing theories.

Just now, Nolder said:

I like your line of thought but the game really isn't big enough for multiple teams like that.

GOT IT!

12 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Here's what I'm thinking right now: why put a limit on the Watcher ability at all?

It's much easier to give scum team a Roleblocker or a Ninja than to limit the Watcher.

that and how could you possibly know who the hell your watching ? guy or girl sounds like 80 didnt give it too much thought IMHO but Ill wait for his clarification from JIF

that and how could you possibly know who the hell your watching ? guy or girl sounds like 80 didnt give it too much thought IMHO but Ill wait for his clarification from JIF

True, if we can't reveal characters how can you only watch girls if you don't know which are girls. And how do you figure girls are on town side? 

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

If 80 can only watch girls then and if he tries to randomly watch someone and fails, what's the problem with that?  Also, wouldn't it be obvious girls are on town side if jocks are in the game from a numbers standpoint?  

no problem with that at all just going over all the possibilities. It could also be a way for 80 to narrow down men vs women so his role can have 2 uses . Question is do we believe him and are you comfortable with him coasting to end game with that claim ?

The more we put out there the more 80 has to take into consideration when he clarifies with us what JIF tells him.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

no problem with that at all just going over all the possibilities. It could also be a way for 80 to narrow down men vs women so his role can have 2 uses . Question is do we believe him and are you comfortable with him coasting to end game with that claim ?

The more we put out there the more 80 has to take into consideration when he clarifies with us what JIF tells him.

I'll wait to mention more than I guess 

• Upvote 1

All this talking about what "girls" means, is 1.) perfect in terms of a game about Nerds being played by Nerds, and 2.) violating the cardinal rule about setup theories as distraction.

@Jetsfan80 produce some sort of follow-up, or we're lynching you on principle. The fact that you didn't seek clarification about that aspect of your supposed role BEFORE revealing it, or immediately when the game started, is stupid.

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

Here's what I'm thinking right now: why put a limit on the Watcher ability at all?

It's much easier to give scum team a Roleblocker or a Ninja than to limit the Watcher.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

True, if we can't reveal characters how can you only watch girls if you don't know which are girls. And how do you figure girls are on town side? 

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

If 80 can only watch girls then and if he tries to randomly watch someone and fails, what's the problem with that?  Also, wouldn't it be obvious girls are on town side if jocks are in the game from a numbers standpoint?  

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Speculative nonsense like this gives the scum team a framework of how to lie better if he's making this up. Congrats guys, none of you are helpful.

Should have waited to see what he says, ffs.