DGB released.... WE MUST!! The season can be saved yet!!

Paradis

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Unless there's some behind the scenes insanity and drama that he's causing, bringing in a guy like this is a no-brainer.  Especially when you see the work Karl Dorrell has done with young receivers here.

When the behind the scenes insanity and drama is so far in front of the scenes, you stay away.  The kid has not produced and is lazy.  You want to kick the tires and see if he straightened out, fine, but I see no reason to think he has.  lt isn't just Agholor and Jeffries, they kept Marcus Johnson, Bryce Treggs, Paul Turner, Greg Ward, Billy Brown and David Watford over him.  He got cut early in camp and he got cut for a reason.  

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

When the behind the scenes insanity and drama is so far in front of the scenes, you stay away.  The kid has not produced and is lazy.  You want to kick the tires and see if he straightened out, fine, but I see no reason to think he has.  lt isn't just Agholor and Jeffries, they kept Marcus Johnson, Bryce Treggs, Paul Turner, Greg Ward, Billy Brown and David Watford over him.  He got cut early in camp and he got cut for a reason.  

I suspect you're right and that's why I prefaced it.  

He's a known head case and the Eagles are very thin at WR.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Unless there's some behind the scenes insanity and drama that he's causing, bringing in a guy like this is a no-brainer.  Especially when you see the work Karl Dorrell has done with young receivers here.

You don't bring him in.  No team has ever won that signs one of these problem WRs.  

He keeps getting signed and keeps failing.  

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You don't bring him in.  No team has ever won that signs one of these problem WRs.  

He keeps getting signed and keeps failing.  

I don't want to sign DGB, but remind me.  Who won the super bowl last year?

When former Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd was arrested for DUI last week after falling asleep at a traffic light, he received a promotion. The New England Patriots signed Floyd in just three days, handing him an opportunity to play with Tom Brady and be a part of a Super Bowl run. That's how it works in the NFL.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Yes.  He should have been.  There is literally no question about it and it isnt even debatable.  Not only was he 10x the prospect but it's shown in the NFL

Smith - 10 catches, 135 yards, 1 TD - career over

DGB - 68 catches, 941 yards, 6 TD's with 2 rookie QB's - career just starting.

He was released because they signed Jeffery and Smith in the offsesaon.  He was expendable.

What does where the are today have to do with where they should have been drafted?  That's ass backwards.  Brady wasn't a number 1 pick because he became a GOAT.  

He was released because he's stupi, lazy and sucks.  But on true Jet fan logic some think others trash will magically transform into a productive player.

ITT: People who are hoping for and expecting to lose a ton of games are worried that bringing in and taking a chance on a Randy Moss-level athletic freak at WR might hurt our chances of winning games this year.

You all keep me going.  Never change.

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He hardly played and produced little.  

You're ******* kidding me with this, right?  You said

No team has ever won that signs one of these problem WRs. 

I showed you that last year's super bowl champs did.  Last ******* year.  Now you are going to insist on production?  Get the **** out.  The 2015 Broncos traded two 6ths for Vernon Davis and a 7th.  I know, I know, he is not a problem guy and he is a TE, but he hated Kaepernick and brawled with Staley over it.  He also had a physical altercation with his coach a few years prior and was sent to the lockers mid-game. The 2013 Seahawks traded for Percy ******* Harvin.  Of course he didn't produce much either - except for that TD in the super bowl.  Remember?   I know Plaxico Burress didn't shoot himself until after the super bowl, but he was a known knucklehead.  That's why the Steelers let him walk. 

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Ever notice how it is the same few dingleberries at JN that want to sign of every POS out there that other teams have already quit on?

Be fair.  Paradis is a draft guy that wanted to draft these guys in the first place. This isn't Joe Willie advocating signing any player that gets cut with a name he can remember. 

36 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Be fair.  Paradis is a draft guy that wanted to draft these guys in the first place. This isn't Joe Willie advocating signing any player that gets cut with a name he can remember. 

Exactly. Paradis is trying to get the Jets to construct his all-time fantasy team. They should cooperate.

At least we'd have one satisfied Jets fan.

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

We would have won a Super Bowl already if they listened to me. 

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

Agholor sucks.  Torrey Smith is a one-trick post-pattern pony.  Jeffery is always injured and Matthews hasn't lived up to his rep.  Of course Philly needed him.  So did Tennessee, a team with piss-poor WRs at the time.  Not good for DGB.  He can't understand the plays.  You don't have to be a genius or Harvard alum in the NFL, but you do have to be football literate enough to understand the playbook.  DGB can't.

Show me one WR that TEN has developed in the last 10 years. 

Quincy Enunwa

Charone Peake

Ardarius Stewart

Chad Hansen

Robby Anderson

Myles White

Frankie Hammond

KD Cannon

Devin Street

Jalin Marshall

Marquees Wilson

Chris Harper

Gabe Marks

That is the roster of WRs right now.  If you don't want him here in training camp, then you are saying all of these guys will be worth more than DGB in their careers, either with the Jets or some other team.  So if you don't want DGB, please just say that you'll take all of these guys over DGB.  Not cherry pick 4 guys from the list, but all of them bar none.  I don't think anyone is suggesting we sign him to a 4 year contract, but someone like DGB is worth bringing him in for camp.  

10 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I honestly have no idea what he's talking about. I think he's had so many flame wars with people the past year that he's mixing us all up.

Is that really what you think of me, a flame war artist?... That's not the look i'm going for anyway.

10 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

lt isn't just Agholor and Jeffries, they kept Marcus Johnson, Bryce Treggs, Paul Turner, Greg Ward, Billy Brown and David Watford over him.  He got cut early in camp and he got cut for a reason.  

Point made, but lets be real here. You're not keeping a guy like DGB around as your possible #5. If you've got money tied up win the first 4, then you're looking special teamers and such. You don't keep a guy like DGB around as flagrant depth. Not at this point in his career. If he's not (realistically) in the plans to start, cut him and move on - which is what they did. His role on offense is redundant after Alshon and Torry. I get it. Not saying he's excused for his slow development, but I get the cut. 

1 hour ago, win4ever said:

Quincy Enunwa

Charone Peake

Ardarius Stewart

Chad Hansen

Robby Anderson

Myles White

Frankie Hammond

KD Cannon

Devin Street

Jalin Marshall

Marquees Wilson

Chris Harper

Gabe Marks

That is the roster of WRs right now.  If you don't want him here in training camp, then you are saying all of these guys will be worth more than DGB in their careers, either with the Jets or some other team.  So if you don't want DGB, please just say that you'll take all of these guys over DGB.  Not cherry pick 4 guys from the list, but all of them bar none.  I don't think anyone is suggesting we sign him to a 4 year contract, but someone like DGB is worth bringing him in for camp.  

I'll take all of those guys over DGB.

Sure, why not. Something stinks here and I don't feel like we're missing out on anything with him not being on the team.

Really its the character issues that are doing it for me, supposedly he just wasn't that teachable and has a poor work ethic. Doesn't sound like somebody worth the time to kick the tires on. Lets just focus on the names above and leave it at that.

5 hours ago, win4ever said:

Quincy Enunwa

Charone Peake

Ardarius Stewart

Chad Hansen

Robby Anderson

Myles White

Frankie Hammond

KD Cannon

Devin Street

Jalin Marshall

Marquees Wilson

Chris Harper

Gabe Marks

100% agreed. See if there is any chance somebody on the coaching staff can get through to him. Takes some dudes much longer than others for the light to come on. This is pretty much a dress rehearsal season anyhow. If he truly is too dumb and not able to control hiomseld in his personal life then cut him. If this dude can grow up and learn the playbook he could be a true number one on this team for years to come. Nobody asking to sign him long term, just bring him in and kick the tires. 

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

100% agreed. See if there is any chance somebody on the coaching staff can get through to him. Takes some dudes much longer than others for the light to come on. This is pretty much a dress rehearsal season anyhow. If he truly is too dumb and not able to control hiomseld in his personal life then cut him. If this dude can grow up and learn the playbook he could be a true number one on this team for years to come. Nobody asking to sign him long term, just bring him in and kick the tires. 

Tough call IMO.

Supremely talented young player who can be a game changer/difference maker for many years if he can get his head on straight...that's great.

Supremely talented young player who can be a game changer/difference maker for many years if he can get his head on straight who has been dumped by two teams in two years...that's horrible.

Common sense tells you he's been a complete bonehead, but it's not like this team is in a position to refuse to take a risk.  Bring him in and the second he screws up, dump him.

14 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

You're ******* kidding me with this, right?  You said

I showed you that last year's super bowl champs did.  Last ******* year.  Now you are going to insist on production?  Get the **** out.  The 2015 Broncos traded two 6ths for Vernon Davis and a 7th.  I know, I know, he is not a problem guy and he is a TE, but he hated Kaepernick and brawled with Staley over it.  He also had a physical altercation with his coach a few years prior and was sent to the lockers mid-game. The 2013 Seahawks traded for Percy ******* Harvin.  Of course he didn't produce much either - except for that TD in the super bowl.  Remember?   I know Plaxico Burress didn't shoot himself until after the super bowl, but he was a known knucklehead.  That's why the Steelers let him walk. 

He was hardly part of the team.  Played two games.  He did absolutely nothing help get the Pats to the SB and nothing to win it.If you don't understand the difference, that's on you.  So no, I'm not fu[king kidding.  

Harvin and Plax are hardly the same numbnuts that players like DGB are.

6 hours ago, win4ever said:

Quincy Enunwa

Charone Peake

Ardarius Stewart

Chad Hansen

Robby Anderson

Myles White

Frankie Hammond

KD Cannon

Devin Street

Jalin Marshall

Marquees Wilson

Chris Harper

Gabe Marks

No, what you can just as easily be saying is you don't want a bad seed, a lazy undisciplined player mixing with a young roster.  That he will do more harm than good and with to guarantee he'll bring the team even one extra win.

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:
No, what you can just as easily be saying is you don't want a bad seed, a lazy undisciplined player mixing with a young roster.  That he will do more harm than good and with to guarantee he'll bring the team even one extra win.

Oh Christ. You're taking so many liberties with this argument that's lost all semblance of weight. Show me a report that states he's toxic. That he's been trouble in the lockeroom. That he's been anything but just inconsistent and lacking an NFL work ethic. Go on... I'll wait. 

He's the exact kind of player you take a chance on... Talented kid who hasn't matured/learned the game. Otherwise he'd be still on a roster. 

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Oh fck off man. You're taking so many liberties with this argument that's lost all semblance of weight. Show me a report that states he's toxic. That he's been trouble in the lockeroom. That he's been anything but just inconsistent and lacking an NFL work ethic. Go on... I'll wait. 

He's the exact kind of player you take a chance on... Talented kid who has matured/learned the game. Otherwise he'd be still on a roster. 

Second round picks with tons of physical ability don't get bounced around like this just for being slow to develop. There's something else going on. 

Archived