July 4th - what is everyone doing?

Maxman

Actually have a great evening planned with Mrs. FR.

With the state parks being closed including Liberty State Park, the fireworks tomorrow will now be shot off near Exchange Place.

Kool and The Gang are also scheduled to perform down there around 8:15.

They are expecting around 100,000 people so there is no f*cking way I am driving there.

Going to drive to the Harrison PATH station (I live in the Somerset Hills area) and take the $2.75 train right to Exchange Place.

Should be a home run!

If any of you degenerates are going to be there, wear your Jet's jerseys and I will welcome you to the party!

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I've been cooking up a storm the last few days.  Made some interesting/refreshing cocktails.  Played some tennis.  Did a bunch of hiking.  About to head out to Oradell, NJ for fireworks.

Happy Fourth of July folks.

giphy.gif

My corporate offices are in Oradell, those ****ers closed at 3 today while I rotted away at the plant till 6.

Had an early morning tee time, spent afternoon out on the boat with the family, and we're packing up my truck to go to the 50's style drive in tonight.

Double feature of Despicable Me 3 and Cars 3.

Tomorrow it's another am round of golf followed by some yard work and the bbq. 

We set off our fireworks Saturday night.

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I'm planning on drinking all day and reading JetNation, hopefully I don't end up banned.

I think we only have problems when you post sober. Tomorrow should be fine. :)

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am working today but family BBQ tonight at 5. Then pool all day tomorrow. 

What is everyone doing?

Go America!

Just returned from 10 days in Europe, adjusting to jetlag, going to a parade, hosting a BBQ, and not wearing my Jets stuff.

SAR I

Same old story.... Family cookout at my fathers house. Gonna listen to a few relatives and family friends who are Jets "fans" tell me how bad we're going to be this year and how they refuse to buy tickets to watch such a bad team in person. I'll be enjoying my ice cold beer as these same people then start telling my 2 sons how lucky they are before asking if I have any tickets available and basically begging me to take them to a game. The answer will of course be no, but I'll be sure to tell them that I'll snap a few selfies from my first row seats and text them the pics during the season.

On 7/4/2017 at 3:59 AM, Maxman said:

I am working today but family BBQ tonight at 5. Then pool all day tomorrow. 

What is everyone doing?

Go America!

Sitting in Okinawa, Japan working....wishing I was in CONUS.

Such is the life of a U.S.M.M.

People are dumb when you put a lot of them together. We went to fireworks at the country club and afterwards nobody could figure out everyone has to take turns pulling out of their parking spots or it doesn't work. Literally a pile of 25+ cars all pulling out at once and nobody  going anywhere for half an hour. I had some pepperoni, provolone cheese and a delicious cold seltzer. So I put  some David Bowie on my Pandora and chilled. I feel pretty evolved for a fat emotional hobby eater at times like this. 

Archived