p lynch

kmnj

this will be another case of jet fans knowing better

Lynch will be the day one starter for the broncos and will be a very good qb in this league

jets passed on him and now we will be stuck with a train wreck in hackenberg until next years draft

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While avoiding ultimatum and other drastic statements, the Hack/Lynch choice could end up being Macc's defining moment.

Lynch appears to have alot of flaws, and he also appears to be a much lesser prospect than the QBs picked Rd 1 this year and those expected to be picked next year.

But Macc must have thought he was really bad.  QBs are a teams most valuable asset.   If he turns out to even be a decent QB, and we turned down picking him over Darron Lee, who also appears questionable, and Hack ends up a much worse QB than Lynch, I think that really calls into question Macc's judgment on what is perhaps a GM's most important job-getting a QB.

If Lee turns out great, that could also change the analysis, but I am not feeling great about him.

We will have a better view of all of the moving parts (Lynch, Hack, Lee, Cravens/D. Jones) in around 6 months.

I'm fine with missing out on Lynch regardless of how he does. He wasn't a can't miss guy or anything, why should I fret over his success? What matter mores to me is how our actual pick Darren Lee does.

There's always gonna be successful picks after ours after all.

Are Jet fans clairvoyant? Has someone time travelled into the future and seen Hack play a real NFL season? Why is everyone resigned to the fact that Hack absolutely cannot play? I haven't the faintest idea if Hack can or cannot play because I have never seen him take an NFL snap with "starter" preparation, nor has anyone else. What if we go 5-11 and Hack shows that he actually can hold his own and actually can play QB in the NFL? What if we lose games due to coaching and lack of talent around him but he has a lot more TD's then INT's and shows that QB moxie that this franchise has been missing forever? 

I am not saying Hack is a guaranteed success as an NFL QB, all I am saying is I don't know, and nobody else here knows, and the guy deserves a chance to show us one way or the other. That is what makes this upcoming season interesting and something to look forward to. HC notwithstanding because he may be the biggest impedance to the success of all of the younger players we have, but I am looking forward to seeing them play in real games, to see what we have - without making snap judgements based upon hearsay, before TC starts. We have had so much bad luck and so much misfortune, who the hell knows, what if a miracle happens and Hack becomes our leader. We just don't know.

One thing I do know, we are so effing due to hit a homerun one of these days....

While I would have preferred Lynch and Deion Jones over Lee and Hack, I am not so sure about Lynch starting in Denver, they like Trevor and Chad Kelly will make a run at it - should be interesting

Adams appears to be the real deal but I think Watson will be the one we missed (like Carr or even Bridgewater)

55 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

While I would have preferred Lynch and Deion Jones over Lee and Hack, I am not so sure about Lynch starting in Denver, they like Trevor and Chad Kelly will make a run at it - should be interesting

Adams appears to be the real deal but I think Mahomes will be the one we missed (like Carr or even Bridgewater)

Fixed

13 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lynch looks like trash. Stop.

I know. People want me banned for commenting on reports about Hack and Petty at TC but one supposed good report about Lynch at a Broncos practice he's all of a sudden a top 5 qb

17 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Lynch will likely be better than Hack, but that will probably just be by a few degrees of sucktitude.  Odds are that both teams will be looking for QBs again soon enough.

Guess what the Broncos won't likely be doing next year in a stacked QB class?  Drafting a QB.  Why?  Well that's because they traded up for Lynch in the 1st.  That is why I never had an issue with passing on him.  Taking Hack was a risk but there isn't the same level of commitment with 2nd round QBs that there used to be.  If he sucks we can move on.  Lynch will get at least 3 years to show his worth and that might end up biting Denver in the ass.  I didn't hate the kid as a prospect, I just didn't think he was worth a first round gamble.

Ok so Hack's footwork has improved and Lynch is lighting it up according to D Thomas. Let's talk when a starter is named and they have played more than eight games. I wasn't pleased we passed on Lynch for Lee, but Lee and Hack are Jets so that's who I am pulling for. It will sting if Lynch turns out to be good and that will be on Mac. Hack has a tougher road ahead of him than Lynch, but I will hold off any judgment until these guys have to deal with real time games situations, how they handle diversity and who shows they can take control of the offense.

15 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Fixed

Mahomes was the only QB I was interested in. Where do you think he stacks up with next year's class? 

I was very content to pass on Lynch. I think he lacks the intelligence and mental intangibles to be a great QB. He certainly has physical tools, though. I just think his ceiling is some good stats, no real post-season success, and teammates who think he's a dick. 

neither guy has looked very good.  I don't think lynch will ever make a pro bowl or be the guy for 5 years.  He is a better prospect than hack, and it seems to be pretty obvious that mac fell in love with hack and predetermined he was taking him in the 2nd, so he will have to live with that

with that said, Mariota is the one that got away with that super mega awesome win over the titans in december of a meaningless year.

Lynch and Hack are both pretty much gigantic question marks. Neither of them have done anything to make me or anyone think one is better or worse than the other. Personally I think the offensive line each of them play behind will play a huge role in how they play this year. I know ours is ok at best. Not sure about Denver. Dak Prescott would probably agree with me. 

20 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Are Jet fans clairvoyant? Has someone time travelled into the future and seen Hack play a real NFL season? Why is everyone resigned to the fact that Hack absolutely cannot play? I haven't the faintest idea if Hack can or cannot play because I have never seen him take an NFL snap with "starter" preparation, nor has anyone else. What if we go 5-11 and Hack shows that he actually can hold his own and actually can play QB in the NFL? What if we lose games due to coaching and lack of talent around him but he has a lot more TD's then INT's and shows that QB moxie that this franchise has been missing forever? 

I am not saying Hack is a guaranteed success as an NFL QB, all I am saying is I don't know, and nobody else here knows, and the guy deserves a chance to show us one way or the other. That is what makes this upcoming season interesting and something to look forward to. HC notwithstanding because he may be the biggest impedance to the success of all of the younger players we have, but I am looking forward to seeing them play in real games, to see what we have - without making snap judgements based upon hearsay, before TC starts. We have had so much bad luck and so much misfortune, who the hell knows, what if a miracle happens and Hack becomes our leader. We just don't know.

One thing I do know, we are so effing due to hit a homerun one of these days....

Awesome post. For some reason a high amount of Jets fans have already decided to hate Hack despite not having seen him play a live NFL snap yet thus season. It is haw achingly annoying

2 hours ago, Larz said:

neither guy has looked very good.  I don't think lynch will ever make a pro bowl or be the guy for 5 years.  He is a better prospect than hack, and it seems to be pretty obvious that mac fell in love with hack and predetermined he was taking him in the 2nd, so he will have to live with that

with that said, Mariota is the one that got away with that super mega awesome win over the titans in december of a meaningless year.

I do not think Lynch us a better prospect than Hack on almost any level 

26 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Awesome post. For some reason a high amount of Jets fans have already decided to hate Hack despite not having seen him play a live NFL snap yet thus season. It is haw achingly annoying

Considering the GM that drafted him has now consciously set out to crash a season in hopes of drafting a QB next year, that might be a clue as to how much faith the fans should put into Hack.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Considering the GM that drafted him has now consciously set out to crash a season in hopes of drafting a QB next year, that might be a clue as to how much faith the fans should put into Hack.

meh. As much as I hate to admit it, the guys who were cut were really just either old, expensive or annoying

I don't see this as a pure tank job as much as it was just a needed purge.

Add to that the Adams pick and I think they really just want to change the culture and start from scratch

seriously, what are the odds they just go 1-15 ?  we all know they will beat the chargers to get to 6 wins and the 6th pick again.  the 3rd best QB next year will probably still be better than any of this years QB's

that's what I tell myself to fall asleep anyway

I never did believe in lynch. Just didn't see it on film but I still hoped McCagnan drafted him just because I was afraid to pass on him and then see he was the guy after all.  

After we did pass on lynch I loved the Hackenberg pick.  Don't get me wrong I knew all of the problems we would have to iron out with this guy and the difficulties that were ahead. I also knew that if he hit his potential his ceiling is higher than any QB I've ever seen the Jets draft.

I hope it works out for us but Lynch wasn't exactly a slam dunk and on draft day I definitely saw scenarios where they might not take Lynch if he was available.  It wasn't shocking. 

4 hours ago, slats said:

Mahomes was the only QB I was interested in. Where do you think he stacks up with next year's class? 

I was very content to pass on Lynch. I think he lacks the intelligence and mental intangibles to be a great QB. He certainly has physical tools, though. I just think his ceiling is some good stats, no real post-season success, and teammates who think he's a dick. 

To me Mahomes would be second in next years class behind Darnold, Allen has the same kind of arm talent, but not the improv skills that Mahomes has, not many do, Rosen is a douche who won't get drafted until Rd 3 IMO because of his douchebaggerry, and L Jackson is a possible Vick clone, but apparently puts in the work, but I haven't seen it translate yet on the field from the pocket.

P Lynch is basically Mark Sanchez with out the mechanics, but better physical skills, but again Sanchez was SO much further developed mechanically that his better physical traits won't necessarily make him a better QB IMO.  Glad the Jets passed on him, and if he does become a very good NFL QB good for him, but I won't be upset about the Jets passing on him because I think it will take a great situation coaching, and talent wise for him to become very good which wouldn't have happened here.

On 7/7/2017 at 1:52 PM, kmnj said:

this will be another case of jet fans knowing better

Lynch will be the day one starter for the broncos and will be a very good qb in this league

jets passed on him and now we will be stuck with a train wreck in hackenberg until next years draft

You have no idea whether your prediction will be correct or completely wrong. Lynch has shown nothing. I guess you're  going by Demaryius Thomas saying how great he looked at the end of minicamp? All fluff my friend. You should know that by now. Brandon Marshall was saying the same things about Geno before IK broke Geno's face. Only a fool would trust comments that players make.

Archived