p lynch

kmnj

I have liked most of what Mac has done drafting wise, but this was the ONE pick I think that was a HUGE mistake.  We had a shot at a QB who could have sat a year, like Hack did.  He might bust, but we need to take QB's until we find one. 

This might cost Mac dearly if this kid lights it up next year.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/7/2017 at 1:52 PM, kmnj said:

this will be another case of jet fans knowing better

Lynch will be the day one starter for the broncos and will be a very good qb in this league

jets passed on him and now we will be stuck with a train wreck in hackenberg until next years draft

And you know this how?  Nothing he has done up to now says this.  

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

I have liked most of what Mac has done drafting wise, but this was the ONE pick I think that was a HUGE mistake.  We had a shot at a QB who could have sat a year, like Hack did.  He might bust, but we need to take QB's until we find one. 

This might cost Mac dearly if this kid lights it up next year.

Mac and cheese cant draft for $%^&.  His only good pick fell into his lap.   When fans  and opponents know you don't have a QB and you don't go after the best QBs whether it be in the draft or FA, you are a moron.  Our GM is a moron.

And the HC is a joke too.

image.php?encI=X55g9%3ADDiii.%2FWBs.JvVD

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Considering the GM that drafted him has now consciously set out to crash a season in hopes of drafting a QB next year, that might be a clue as to how much faith the fans should put into Hack.

but that is complete bulllsh*t. The media loves to state that the Jets are intentionally tanking, but the reality is that all of the moves made a TON of sense for the Jets both from a cap standpoint and from a talent standpoint. Every one of them was the right thing to do and none of them were done to tank. I am not sure that any of them actually make us worse.at all, we might be better. So please stop the tanking narrative it is just not true.

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

but that is complete bulllsh*t. The media loves to state that the Jets are intentionally tanking, but the reality is that all of the moves made a TON of sense for the Jets both from a cap standpoint and from a talent standpoint. Every one of them was the right thing to do and none of them were done to tank. I am not sure that any of them actually make us worse.at all, we might be better. So please stop the tanking narrative it is just not true.

So mac just happened to build a crappy team while trying to build a good team? That's MUCH more reassuring...

44 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

So mac just happened to build a crappy team while trying to build a good team? That's MUCH more reassuring...

No, he held on to a crappy team one season too long, and inherited a cap situation where he had to spend money. I am not sold on Mac but the roster ,moves this year make sense.

Why are people still bringing this up?... I mean, I know why I would - but I haven't.  It's too painful to revisit. Just bury it already... until he's leading the broncos in meaningful games in January... (something i feel is a likely outcome)

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Considering the GM that drafted him has now consciously set out to crash a season in hopes of drafting a QB next year, that might be a clue as to how much faith the fans should put into Hack.

Sure he is.

17 hours ago, Larz said:

meh. As much as I hate to admit it, the guys who were cut were really just either old, expensive or annoying

I don't see this as a pure tank job as much as it was just a needed purge.

Add to that the Adams pick and I think they really just want to change the culture and start from scratch

seriously, what are the odds they just go 1-15 ?  we all know they will beat the chargers to get to 6 wins and the 6th pick again.  the 3rd best QB next year will probably still be better than any of this years QB's

that's what I tell myself to fall asleep anyway

10 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I must say, this new spin that "Maccagnan is a good guy who just went on a bender for two years but is turning the corner and is cleaning up his life" is some really creative stuff, fellas.

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

Why are people still bringing this up?... I mean, I know why I would - but I haven't.  It's too painful to revisit. Just bury it already... until he's leading the broncos in meaningful games in January... (something i feel is a likely outcome)

Stages of grief.

14 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Mac and cheese cant draft for $%^&.  His only good pick fell into his lap.   When fans  and opponents know you don't have a QB and you don't go after the best QBs whether it be in the draft or FA, you are a moron.  Our GM is a moron.

image.php?encI=X55g9%3ADDiii.%2FWBs.JvVD

Lolz

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I must say, this new spin that "Maccagnan is a good guy who just went on a bender for two years but is turning the corner and is cleaning up his life" is some really creative stuff, fellas.

It is amazing how much Mac gets a pass

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

I know he took over a 4-12 team and the rocket scientist Jets fans are pissed he hasn't won 2 Super Bowls already.    

He took over a 4-12 team, spent $100 million dollars, used 25 draft picks, and made eight trades and now they're the worst team in the sport.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He took over a 4-12 team, spent $100 million dollars, used 25 draft picks, and made eight trades and now they're the worst team in the sport.

He went 10-6  and 5-11, and we will see how his drafting works out.  He has not hamstrung us with long term dead money, going into next season the Jets may be $80M under the cap. 

10 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I know he took over a 4-12 team and the rocket scientist Jets fans are pissed he hasn't won 2 Super Bowls already.    

Done such a great job improving the team how many W's next year? 1?

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

He went 10-6  and 5-11, and we will see how his drafting works out.  He has not hamstrung us with long term dead money, going into next season the Jets may be $80M under the cap. 

10-6 with the easiest schedule in the NFL and inheriting $50 million in cap room and couldn't even make the playoffs

We sucked last year and are going to be God-awful next season.  No Qb after 3 years.  All draft picks not named Leo sucked.  Albatross contracts for Mo, Revis and even Fitz.  Bottom 3 NFL roster after 3 seasons and tries to trade Decker after announcing he will cut him

But you're right Mike Macagnan is doing a great job

Just now, thadude said:

10-6 with the easiest schedule in the NFL and inheriting $50 million in cap room and couldn't even make the playoffs

We sucked last year and are going to be God-awful next season.  No Qb after 3 years.  All draft picks not named Leo sucked.  Albatross contracts for Mo, Revis and even Fitz.  Bottom 3 NFL roster after 3 seasons and tries to trade Decker after announcing he will cut him

Give me a break!! He took over Sh*t and you critical of him for missing the playoffs in first season after going from 4 to 10 wins. Fans are idiots!!

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No, he made moves and won 10 games.  Then he dumped out and is in the process of rebuilding  We'll see how that works out and he'll be judged on it.  Not on what whiney Jet fans looking to blame someone for not having won since 1969

13 minutes ago, thadude said:

And last year they had one of the tougher schedules in the NFL.  But it only works to suit the idiot argument that they only won because of the strength of schedule.  Thats pure nonsense.  And stay out of the predicting business, you struggle enough with what actually happened.

15 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Oh crap!!!  I forgot!  Mac can't do anything right.  My bad.

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Yeah, all the draft picks and the UFA suck.

I wonder how the replacement of the next replacement will do drafting wise.....

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

He took over a team that was bad, which is Bad. Then the team was good for a season, which is Good. Now the team is bad again, but this time the team being bad is actually Good

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

He took over a team that was bad, which is Bad. Then the team was good for a season, which is Good. Now the team is bad again, but this time the team being bad is actually Good

Remember when Idzik was referred to as Da Ninja that was awesoneawesome

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Give me a break!! He took over Sh*t and you critical of him for missing the playoffs in first season after going from 4 to 10 wins. Fans are idiots!!

Rich Kotite once upon time had a 10 win season how does he not have a job?

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yeah, all the draft picks and the UFA suck.

I wonder how the replacement of the next replacement will do drafting wise.....

That joke wasn't funny the first 9,000 times you posted it

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

lol, wut ?

there is no denying the roster is at an all time low, but it is debatable as to why it was done

assuming it was done to lose 15 games is one idea, just a total tear down and fresh start is another

woody released a statement to be patient with the young guys, not to give up on this year and start hosin' for rosen

its plausible macc just told woody his style of building a team hasn't worked in 15 years, lets try something new.  no shiny toys, go young

now, woody broke his promise to mangini about favre, so we can't say what he told mac or if he will honor it, but the mccown signing and adams pick point to a tear down, not a tank job.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And last year they had one of the tougher schedules in the NFL.  But it only works to suit the idiot argument that they only won because of the strength of schedule.  Thats pure nonsense.  And stay out of the predicting business, you struggle enough with what actually happened.

Mac or Bill Polian?

Just now, Larz said:

lol, wut ?

there is no denying the roster is at an all time low, but it is debatable as to why it was done

assuming it was done to lose 15 games is one idea, just a total tear down and fresh start is another

woody released a statement to be patient with the young guys, not to give up on this year and start hosin' for rosen

now, woody broke his promise to mangini about favre, so we can't say what he told mac or if he will honor it, but the mccown signing and adams pick point to a tear down, not a tank job.

So signing a 38 year old veteran qb to start is a "tear down?"

Mac was earlier this offseason trying to talk a 40 year old Steve Smith out of retirement.  There is no plan this franchise is a hot mess

2 hours ago, Larz said:

lol, wut ?

its plausible macc just told woody his style of building a team hasn't worked in 15 years, lets try something new.  no shiny toys, go young

What's the starting offensive lineup in 2018?

Archived