p lynch

kmnj

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If this is a "tear down" and rebuild, and he's starting out by drafting ILB's and S's, he should be fired this afternoon 

You mean money backer and locker room leader?  That Adams kid is going to screw up the tank job all on his own. Because it was never a tank job

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Larz. You sound like Patty Hearst.

The pity party gets old

If macc told Woody he had to change his ways it was obviously not 2016 when he gave revis a billion dollars.

It was more likely this year.

I think more than Brandon wanted out when it was obvious the tear down was coming. I think Harris and Decker probably told macc they would not take a pay cut or just wanted out. 

If you are trying to lose you don't draft a guy that can change your culture and locker room, you trade back for 2018 picks

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

The pity party gets old

If macc told Woody he had to change his ways it was obviously not 2016 when he gave revis a billion dollars.

It was more likely this year.

I think more than Brandon wanted out when it was obvious the tear down was coming. I think Harris and Decker probably told macc they would not take a pay cut or just wanted out. 

If you are trying to lose you don't draft a guy that can change your culture and locker room, you trade back for 2018 picks

Larz. He drafted a strong safety, not Douglas MacArthur.

8 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Give me a break!! He took over Sh*t and you critical of him for missing the playoffs in first season after going from 4 to 10 wins. Fans are idiots!!

what are you supporting exactly this? he took the job 3 offseason ago w/ $50 mill - when we had no secondary, no WRs outside of decker, no QB and spotty defense as a whole.

How has he made strides? Show me the areas of improvement.

17 hours ago, Paradis said:

what are you supporting exactly this? he took the job 3 offseason ago w/ $50 mill - when we had no secondary, no WRs outside of decker, no QB and spotty defense as a whole.

Our roster is actually worse 3 years later.  We had a good OL and great D-line when Mac took over

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 6:51 PM, Paradis said:

OL is much younger and probably just as good (I think you totally overrated where the OL was when Mac took over)

LBs are MUCH younger and faster

QB: Addition by subtraction at the very least

Secondary: younger, probably better.

WRs: younger, more talented.

So, no, it's not a world championship quality roster, but definitely incrementally better. The thinking of many jets fans seems to be: if it's not a Super Bowl quality team than no success has occurred. PATIENCE!! It's hard, I know. But without it, you've got the Knicks and the past Jets.

What QB did he subtract?  Fitzpatrick?  The sh*t that he traded for and then gave a ton of money?  Geno Smith?  He let his contract expire.  That is truly heroic. The same with Vick.  It is nice that he didn't have that piece of crap back, but he actually had Vick in when Smith broke his jaw.  He did have the balls to cut Matt Simms.  At least his was willing to face the wrath of Matt's papa!

MUCH younger and faster at LB? Hurray.  If only that meant better.  

I am all for patience, but I have not seen anything to make me optimistic.  The team seems to be investing in what I consider non-premium positions and the attempts to stock through the draft have not looked good.  Guys are pointing at Simon, Burris and Shell as if they are studs when they are trying to prove they are rotational players.  

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What QB did he subtract?  Fitzpatrick?  The sh*t that he traded for and then gave a ton of money?  Geno Smith?  He let his contract expire.  That is truly heroic. The same with Vick.  It is nice that he didn't have that piece of crap back, but he actually had Vick in when Smith broke his jaw.  He did have the balls to cut Matt Simms.  At least his was willing to face the wrath of Matt's papa!

I am all for patience, but I have not seen anything to make me optimistic.  The team seems to be investing in what I consider non-premium positions and the attempts to stock through the draft have not looked good.  Guys are pointing at Simon, Burris and Shell as if they are studs when they are trying to prove they are rotational players.  

I ask you this: IF that idiotic, BS lucky first season doesn't happen, and we would have had the bad season we should have had, would your opinion be different?  I cannot help but see all the complaining that happens on this board and not wonder if we would have had two poor seasons, would your expectations be where they ought to be?  That season put us really behind the eight ball...

17 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Amen

11 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I ask you this: IF that idiotic, BS lucky first season doesn't happen, and we would have had the bad season we should have had, would your opinion be different?  I cannot help but see all the complaining that happens on this board and not wonder if we would have had two poor seasons, would your expectations be where they ought to be?  That season put us really behind the eight ball...

If we just sucked in 2015?  Hard to say what my opinion would be.  Where do you think expectation should be?  What would have have done with the better 2016 draft pick? What would he have done with all those overpriced vets?  Would he still have spent all that money on Fitzpatrick and Forte? If everything were the same and they just sucked in 2015 and 2016?  I'd probably want him fired.  

Right now I am complaining because he is getting another chance, and so far I'm not too crazy about how it is going.  It basically takes 3 years to completely overhaul an NFL roster.  I'm not saying in 3 years you are a guaranteed super bowl team  - you need to luck into a QB for that, but if your direction is not clear in 3 years?  WHAT. THE. ****. ARE. YOU. DOING?

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

If we just sucked in 2015?  Hard to say what my opinion would be.  Where do you think expectation should be?  What would have have done with the better 2016 draft pick? What would he have done with all those overpriced vets?  Would he still have spent all that money on Fitzpatrick and Forte? If everything were the same and they just sucked in 2015 and 2016?  I'd probably want him fired.  

Right now I am complaining because he is getting another chance, and so far I'm not too crazy about how it is going.  It basically takes 3 years to completely overhaul an NFL roster.  I'm not saying in 3 years you are a guaranteed super bowl team  - you need to luck into a QB for that, but if your direction is not clear in 3 years?  WHAT. THE. ****. ARE. YOU. DOING?

We blame Mac for everything, when I think 50 percent of the problem is Woody.  He wanted that money spent to make a splash after firing a GM after 2 years.  He looked like an idiot after watching a man burn 12 draft picks and get nothing for them.  Then, we get a fluke season, just like the Bills did with Fitzpatrick, and suddenly we are contenders.  Bowles anoints him the starter when he still wasn't resigned, and I am sure Woody wanted him back.  We give him big bucks, and we got what we should have got the first season.  

For me, I look at this as Mac's second season of a rebuild.  Don't even think that 10-6 happened.  I feel that he should get one more year.  Lets see what we have after that.  IF the product does not look good, well then I think he will be gone.  Remember, Reggie Mackenzie did not look that good when he started.  Then, the draft picks started to mature, and he found a QB.  Finding a QB makes a lot of problems go away.  Mac hasn't found his, and he might only get one more crack at finding one.

29 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

We blame Mac for everything, when I think 50 percent of the problem is Woody.  He wanted that money spent to make a splash after firing a GM after 2 years.  He looked like an idiot after watching a man burn 12 draft picks and get nothing for them.  Then, we get a fluke season, just like the Bills did with Fitzpatrick, and suddenly we are contenders.  Bowles anoints him the starter when he still wasn't resigned, and I am sure Woody wanted him back.  We give him big bucks, and we got what we should have got the first season.  

For me, I look at this as Mac's second season of a rebuild.  Don't even think that 10-6 happened.  I feel that he should get one more year.  Lets see what we have after that.  IF the product does not look good, well then I think he will be gone.  Remember, Reggie Mackenzie did not look that good when he started.  Then, the draft picks started to mature, and he found a QB.  Finding a QB makes a lot of problems go away.  Mac hasn't found his, and he might only get one more crack at finding one.

unsurprisingly convenient ;) 

29 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Fair enough, but we do not know what Woody is demanding.  What can we truly blame on him besides the "competitive rebuild" stuff?  Revis?  Maybe.  The Fitzpatrick thing is on Bowles too, but there had to be a number you wouldn't pay him more than.  $12M was considerably more than I was willing to go.

2nd season of a rebuild?  Even looking at it that way things are pretty bleak.  We went 5-11 and now are looking to tank for #1 overall?  Not such a great plan.  Finding a QB makes a lot of problems go away.  I'm not so sure I am satisfied with his attempts to find one.  He has expended 2nd, 4th and 6th round picks and $18M in FA salaries and what do we have to show for it?  Petty, Hackenberg and McCown?

38 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Now it is. Before it was Idzik. Soon it'll be Bowles. 

50% Woody, 50% Idzik, 50% Bowles.  When you look at it Maccagnan is actually +50%!

I think we should implement a new, innovative game show style GM decision model. Each move a GM makes, we immediately make a determination on hired or fired. Draft a player that at least 50% of fans don't like in that slot-fired. Sign a good player but maybe pay more than 50% of fans felt player was worth? Fired. Make it a tv show, people will line the streets to play. Bonuses and pay for each number of transactions in a row they make without being fired.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I think we should implement a new, innovative game show style GM decision model. Each move a GM makes, we immediately make a determination on hired or fired. Draft a player that at least 50% of fans don't like in that slot-fired. Sign a good player but maybe pay more than 50% of fans felt player was worth? Fired. Make it a tv show, people will line the streets to play. Bonuses and pay for each number of transactions in a row they make without being fired.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The over-under is 0.5.

On 7/10/2017 at 0:43 PM, thadude said:

Our roster is actually worse 3 years later.  We had a good OL and great D-line when Mac took over

He's gutted the roster to rebuild the team fool.  WTF are you whining about?  And HTF do you know that the 2017 team will be worse than the 2016 team.  If they get better your moronic posts will stop? 

On 7/11/2017 at 3:08 PM, phill1c said:

OL is much younger and probably just as good (I think you totally overrated where the OL was when Mac took over)

LBs are MUCH younger and faster

QB: Addition by subtraction at the very least

Secondary: younger, probably better.

WRs: younger, more talented.

Hi this is me Tom throwing myself off of a cliff. 

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:29 PM, Fantasy Island said:

Mac and cheese cant draft for $%^&.  His only good pick fell into his lap.   When fans  and opponents know you don't have a QB and you don't go after the best QBs whether it be in the draft or FA, you are a moron.  Our GM is a moron.

And the HC is a joke too.

image.php?encI=X55g9%3ADDiii.%2FWBs.JvVD

If I could rep this 1000 times I would, your signature is PRICELESS...

On 7/9/2017 at 4:51 PM, T0mShane said:

Larz. He drafted a strong safety, not Douglas MacArthur.

Unless we're talking about Ed Reed.  Then it becomes another monumental F'up by a Jets GM.  

Depends on who we're hating on

19 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I agree with this for the most part.

Mac traded 5 picks away for veteran players who are no longer on the team.  His strategy this year was to trade for more picks.  The latter indicates to me more of a rebuild.

The Jets should always be looking to upgrade their coach and GM.  That is what they did with Parcells years ago, and it worked.   But given how Woody hires, I am not seeing him hire anyone that does a better job than what we currently have, and the market knows that Woody has had a quick trigger finger, and that Mac was likely told in 2015 to win games.

So I think Mac needs three years of rebuilding before making a judgement.  This is year 2.  It is a short 2 years, because much of last year was also trying to win again.  But the roster and team should be assessed at the end of 2018, and then they can decide whether Macc can build a team.  I see positive and negatives, but I think potential hires will then see that Woody gives his people a fair chance, and I would think someone good would then come in.

In all honesty, I give it 50/50.

8 hours ago, varjet said:

I agree with this for the most part.

Mac traded 5 picks away for veteran players who are no longer on the team.  His strategy this year was to trade for more picks.  The latter indicates to me more of a rebuild.

The Jets should always be looking to upgrade their coach and GM.  That is what they did with Parcells years ago, and it worked.   But given how Woody hires, I am not seeing him hire anyone that does a better job than what we currently have, and the market knows that Woody has had a quick trigger finger, and that Mac was likely told in 2015 to win games.

So I think Mac needs three years of rebuilding before making a judgement.  This is year 2.  It is a short 2 years, because much of last year was also trying to win again.  But the roster and team should be assessed at the end of 2018, and then they can decide whether Macc can build a team.  I see positive and negatives, but I think potential hires will then see that Woody gives his people a fair chance, and I would think someone good would then come in.

In all honesty, I give it 50/50.

So his 3rd year is really barely his 2nd?  

Woody has a quick trigger finger?  I don't think so. He kept Herm for five years, Rex for six.  Tannenbaum for seven.  I think the issue is more that a big time guy will demand to be at the top of the chain reporting to the man and not accept this bullsh*t wannabe Medusa structure.  OTOH, a big time guy will deserve it.

Archived