Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
joewilly12

Jet's owner wants private helipad, rather than land at airport 2 miles away

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Good for him. Money has it's privileges. That's why people pursue it and create value to society in the process.

Exactly, it is in a privileged area otherwise it wouldn't be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Larz said:

Meanwhile 785 million helicopters head out to the Hamptons every summer weekend, nobody cares

Second homes, vacay etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

How can I express how little I give a sh*t?

My preference would be that you make like 10 posts on it. That would show that you don't care at all thanks.

Site Management

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, thadude said:

Really?  I went to Rutgers and lived on George St I don't recall that happening.  They have a facility located on George Street but it's huge and could accommodate a heliport 

 

16 hours ago, thadude said:

'99-'03

I lived in the river dorms which were on George St and most of my classes were by George St.  The J&J building is right there but has its own huge campus I don't see how landing a helicopter inside their own campus helipad would interfere with anything outside

Probably '86-'87 and the class was directly across the George Street from the J&J compound.  It wasn't one of the main buildings, further up the street.  To be fair, I did my 4 years with most classes on College Ave campus, lived in Hardenbergh for a year and that was the only building where it happened. I think it was a Friday morning class and until I took it, I did not even know that they had a helipad.  

It wasn't a huge disruption, well less than 5 minutes, but guys that had that convenience in the late '80s are not likely to want to lose it now when we should be in our flying cars.

It is funny that I am defending myself.  Like I would make this up.  When I make sh*t up I went to a better school. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Maxman said:

Fly in for what games?

For Jet games.  One of my partners is a pilot.  He is from Sparta and we would fly into all kinds of airfields in NJ.  My favorite was a landing at Newark.  The guy on the tow truck was laughing his rear end off.  He said he had never seen such a small plane landing there before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, HighPitch said:

How so? Like whos flying and what kind of plane? A cessna?

Yes, one of my partners is from Sparta, NJ.  We have landed in his Cessna in some strange places over the years  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

It is 1.9 Miles and 122 seconds.

Yes, but if two helicopters leave their respective helipads at the same time, and one is traveling at 80 miles per hour with a 10 mph back wind, the other is traveling at 60 miles per hour against a 10 mph, when they each reach the halfway point... they'll still be more entertaining to watch than the Jets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Yes, but if two helicopters leave their respective helipads at the same time, and one is traveling at 80 miles per hour with a 10 mph back wind, the other is traveling at 60 miles per hour against a 10 mph, when they each reach the halfway point... they'll still be more entertaining to watch than the Jets.

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

For Jet games.  One of my partners is a pilot.  He is from Sparta and we would fly into all kinds of airfields in NJ.  My favorite was a landing at Newark.  The guy on the tow truck was laughing his rear end off.  He said he had never seen such a small plane landing there before.

The landing fee at Newark is prohibitive. He's  loaded apparently. Lots of pilots here in Sparta. The beacon for Newark approach is right here (about 45 miles from EWR) and pilots say they like the look of the town from above. Seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

European or African?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2017 at 3:50 PM, HighPitch said:

Whatz the big deal. Pour a concrete pad. A helicopter every few days is no big deal

The intent of the post isn't to discuss helipads.  It's to make Woody Johnson look like a disconnected elitist.  Which is supposed to lead to an argument about rich people.  Which will lead to a debate about PSL's.

This is one bad offseason.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, but if two helicopters leave their respective helipads at the same time, and one is traveling at 80 miles per hour with a 10 mph back wind, the other is traveling at 60 miles per hour against a 10 mph, when they each reach the halfway point... they'll still be more entertaining to watch than the Jets.


He won't even have to leave at the end of the first quarter to beat the halftime traffic


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Can't have our own stadium in NY, but totes needs that private helipad.

Maybe they should just pile up minorities and land his helicopter on them...

 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The intent of the post isn't to discuss helipads.  It's to make Woody Johnson look like a disconnected elitist.  Which is supposed to lead to an argument about rich people.  Which will lead to a debate about PSL's.

This is one bad offseason.

SAR I

The whole OWS and rage against the 1% was so 2011.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't the article say that they wanted it to get people in and out of their home facility and to air lift injured players out?  

HTF did that become an indictment againt Woody?  Why to Jets fans take such pride in bashing their teams owner?  It childish

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

European or African?

Definitely one of the better lines of the movie.  That and the answer to "How do you know he's the King?".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, batman10023 said:

They took a case to the Supreme Court recently

Man what a waste. There is a super fancy neighborhood in greenwich, Polo fields and everything,  they tell me they are always in court about who is building what. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conn. has a population of 3 million and spread out wide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Larz said:

Man what a waste. There is a super fancy neighborhood in greenwich, Polo fields and everything,  they tell me they are always in court about who is building what. 

east hampton wanted to regulate the planes and helicopters that came in.  the govt said it was a federal issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

east hampton wanted to regulate the planes and helicopters that came in.  the govt said it was a federal issue.

Everyone wants to be the last one into Paradise and throw away the key

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2017 at 4:22 PM, thadude said:

He could also fly first class to Newark but then he'd be by us little people

I'm sure if you had the means to procure a direct helicopter ride as opposed to a flight and then a limo ride you'd choose the helicopter. 

Why this bothers people amazes me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Larz said:

Everyone wants to be the last one into Paradise and throw away the key

They didn't want early morning or late evening flights.  Or shuttles of helicopters.  All seem reasonable to me. It's annoying to see these billionaires disturb us multimillion vacation homes. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  



×