Green & White Scrimmage; Who Wants To Tailgate With Us?

Maxman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Max

Lots open at 5:30. Practice starts at 7. Seems like a very short time for setting up a tailgate. What do you think?

WOW. I think I am calling the Jets tomorrow to check on that 5:30 part. Definitely isn't worth taking the RV up there for an hour tailgate. No way am I setting all that up for something that short.

I will call them and post an update tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

Hey, I just received an email from the Jets inviting me into the Commissioners club to meet and listen to Mike Macagnan, Neal Glatt, and a host of others with free food.  That starts at 5:00 before scrimmage begins.  I have to RSVP to be added to the Jericho List, Anybody else get that invite?

5 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Hey, I just received an email from the Jets inviting me into the Commissioners club to meet and listen to Mike Macagnan, Neal Glatt, and a host of others with free food.  That starts at 5:00 before scrimmage begins.  I have to RSVP to be added to the Jericho List, Anybody else get that invite?

That is great, I didn't get that. They usually do these to really small groups. Definitely go that will be a good experience.

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have a message into the Jets about the parking lot opening time for the scrimmage. Once they respond I will post it here.

It says 5:30 on my tickets and on Jets web site. My hopes are slim. Max, let's plan a killer tailgate for Titans game. 

19 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

It says 5:30 on my tickets and on Jets web site. My hopes are slim. Max, let's plan a killer tailgate for Titans game. 

I spoke to the Jets today. They said the gates open at 5:30, meaning you can get into the stadium at that time.

We can get into the parking lot at 4pm, maybe a little earlier. But that still doesn't leave a lot of time for a tailgate.

Maybe we can do a different roll call for a meetup inside the stadium and watch practice together? Let me know who is going, thanks.

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I spoke to the Jets today. They said the gates open at 5:30, meaning you can get into the stadium at that time.

We can get into the parking lot at 4pm, maybe a little earlier. But that still doesn't leave a lot of time for a tailgate.

Maybe we can do a different roll call for a meetup inside the stadium and watch practice together? Let me know who is going, thanks.

Not me Max. I was hoping to tailgate for a few hours. I will be there for the Titans game as soon as lots open. See you then

On 7/13/2017 at 10:01 AM, Maxman said:

Anyone here going to the Green & White scrimmage at Metlife on 8/5? If so, let me know and come tailgate with us.

We will have the RV there and it would be great to do a JetNation meet up before the season starts. Let me know if you can stop by!

I won't be able to make it but it would be awesome if JetNation somehow streams the scrimmage!  You guys should do a periscope or facebook live!

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Max:

Let me know what time you are going to be at your RV.

At the very least I will see you there.  Wife is a possibility.

I won't be at the scrimmage that long and won't be able to hang.

Am basically going to check out my new seats in 129.

I look forward to meeting you.

27 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I won't be able to make it but it would be awesome if JetNation somehow streams the scrimmage!  You guys should do a periscope or facebook live!

If we streamed the scrimmage live the site would pretty much be shut down from the legal fees. That lawsuit from the Jets would be costly. Any Lawyers in the house? :)

23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If we streamed the scrimmage live the site would pretty much be shut down from the legal fees. That lawsuit from the Jets would be costly. Any Lawyers in the house? :)

haha I wasn't sure what legalities would be involved in dropping a periscope live cast! :D  Perhaps a few vines of some action! lol enjoy regardless, hopefully it turns out to be a great night for Jets Fans!

I know there's not a lot of time, but we can tailgate at this thing, right? I am thinking of a little grill and some burgers and dogs. Also, does anyone know if there will be kids stuff there? Like bouncey houses and what not? Thought I saw that mentioned somewhere.

Note sure if I'm going. Gametime decision tomorrow afternoon. Where is everyone meeting? Would love to meet you all.

1 hour ago, Cornfed said:

I know there's not a lot of time, but we can tailgate at this thing, right? I am thinking of a little grill and some burgers and dogs. Also, does anyone know if there will be kids stuff there? Like bouncey houses and what not? Thought I saw that mentioned somewhere.

Note sure if I'm going. Gametime decision tomorrow afternoon. Where is everyone meeting? Would love to meet you all.

Yes there will be kid stuff. Max should be able to advise on his location tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, shuler82 said:

How much do you think they'll charge for parking?  regular season amount?

I am pretty sure parking is free. I am going to be pissed if it isn't. During the draft parking is free.

4 hours ago, Cornfed said:

I told the Jets I was tailgating in my RV, they said there would be no problem getting in at 4pm, maybe 3:30.  I am aiming to get there for 4. 

Stadium gates open at 5:30, will probably head in around 6:30.

Here is the official release from the Jets:

Green & White:

Fans get to see head coach Todd Bowles and The New York Jets continue their preparations for the 2017 season with the Green & White Practice/Scrimmage at MetLife Stadium. Gates will open at 5:30 p.m. and practice will begin at 7:00 p.m. This event is free and open to the public, but tickets are required and can be found at newyorkjets.com.

Season Ticket Holders:

Season Ticket Holders: Card holders will receive a 15% discount on merchandise at the Jets Shop.

Jets Rewards: Jets Rewards members who scan their Jets Rewards card will earn 250 bonus points.

JETS CASH: Jets Cash can be used at open concessions throughout the stadium. Jets Cash is not redeemable at concessions located on the island.

Activations:

Gen Jets Kids Club: Gen Jets Kids Club will replicate a full gameday Kids Zone with inflatables, a DJ, photo booth and more. Gen Jets Kids Club is supported by Modell’s.

Toyota: Toyota will showcase two vehicles along with a football toss and skeeball for fans to enjoy in Lot G.

Seasonal World: Seasonal World will sponsor the Jets Launch Crew, who will be firing t-shirts into the seats throughout practice.

OCEAN CITY GOLF GETAWAY: Ocean City Golf Club will be giving away Ocean City branded golf ball markers and koozies. Fans can enter for a chance to win a foursome at Ocean City Golf Club. Their tent will be located in Lot G.

BUD LIGHT: Located on the island outside of the Verizon Gate, Bud Light will have a bar with a DJ and giveaways.

Pre-Practice Notes and Entertainment:

Legends Weekend: As part of NY Jets Legends Weekend, fans will have the opportunity to meet and get autographs from more than 60 former Jets players. Legends will be signing autographs in the island party area and in the NFL Experience Tent, both located in Lot G. 

Concessions: Fans can purchase value items for $3 at all Franks locations (sections 108, 129, 135, & 143). Value items include popcorn, 12oz. soft drinks and pretzels. Value meals will also be sold at Franks for $7. They include a hot dog, a bag of chips and a soft drink.

MILITARY FLAG FOOTBALL GAME: Local military and First Responders will play a flag football game on the field from 6:20-6:40 p.m.

Post-Practice:

Team Autographs: After practice, fans will have the opportunity for autographs around the lower bowl wall.

Gen Jets Kids Club: Following practice, 150 members of the Gen Jets Kids Club will be selected to move down to the field for autographs.

fireworks/Laser Show: Following practice, fans should look to the north end-zone between the Bud Light and Pepsi scoreboards for a fireworks display presented by Bay Fireworks. Choreography and music will also be provided during the show.

Info for Fans:

CLEAR BAGS: Fans are permitted to bring inside the stadium one clear plastic bag that does not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” as well as one small clutch bag, approximately 4.5” x 6.5” (size of a hand). Purses, handbags, seat cushions, camera and binocular cases are not permitted.

Stadium Security: In addition to the carry-in bag policy, all stadium security measures will be in effect. For our complete carry-in policy, visit newyorkjets.com/stadiumsecurity.

More Information: For more information on training camp and the Green & White Practice visit newyorkjets.com/camp.

43 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Thanks, Max! Can I look for you in the lots?

Yes sir, absolutely.

Had a bunch of back and forth on this but the RV will be making an appearance. Going to get there at 4pm hopefully. Smaller crowd than I thought so we were going to do this video thing with the Jets but I pushed it back to another day. So we will just be hanging out until the scrimmage. Not sure where I will park, not sure what lots are open. But I usually try to park in the back of the lot away from everyone.

Here is what you can look for. Definitely stop by, park near us and hang out. Thanks.

RV.jpg

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes sir, absolutely.

Had a bunch of back and forth on this but the RV will be making an appearance. Going to get there at 4pm hopefully. Smaller crowd than I thought so we were going to do this video thing with the Jets but I pushed it back to another day. So we will just be hanging out until the scrimmage. Not sure where I will park, not sure what lots are open. But I usually try to park in the back of the lot away from everyone.

Here is what you can look for. Definitely stop by, park near us and hang out. Thanks.

RV.jpg

My better half and I are confirmed for 5 PM.

See you later Max!

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes sir, absolutely.

RV.jpg

Max

I might make a surprise appearance. Please let us know where you park your RV once you settle. 

This will be my first Green and White scrimmage. Anyone know if we will be able to sit in our regular seats? I moved seats this off-season and wanted to check them out. Can't seem to find any info on that. Thanks guys. 

7 hours ago, Larz said:

haha max, first item of business, break out the cooler !!!!!

I'm very impressed and very jealous.    enjoy !!!

LOL. That cooler had Gatorade, Water, Dr. Pepper and Snapple in it. Most would consider it a huge disappointment. :)

We took chairs out after that picture. But it ended up being an indoors tailgate for the most part. We will get there 5 hours early for the first pre-season game and start getting into proper tailgating form.

Archived