Kirk Cousins - the future Jets nobody here seems to want to talk about

Integrity28

20 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Why no talk of Jimmy G?  I know Bill is going to franchise him, and try to rape someone for like 3 1st rounders, but hopefully the NFL finally takes a stand against Bill ass raping everyone, and then laughing in their face about it, and force him to either pay the 20+ million to him, or rescind the tag.

My guess is Josh goes out on his own, and trades Bill a bunch of picks for Jimmy G as long as it's in the NFC like maybe Minnesota, or maybe even Washington.

You said rape twice...

original.jpg 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/13/2017 at 4:40 PM, T0mShane said:

This would result in a bender. Like, months long. Me, creeping across the country, explaining to people how much mental pain the sh*t-eating Jets have caused me. 

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that this was what you have been doing. At least on these boards.

On 7/13/2017 at 1:16 PM, thadude said:

Cousins is going to take a big step backwards this year without Desean Jackson.  Teams had to put a safety over the top to contain Jackson which left the underneath routes exposed for Cousins.  He won't have that now

A big step back from:

4917 yards

67% completion percentage

25/12 TD-Int Ratio

So what's he going to throw for 4500 yards? Geez.

1 hour ago, long suffering jets fan said:

A big step back from:

4917 yards

25/12 TD-Int Ratio

Got to love all the fans whining about those numbers, especially if we're left without options.  A season like that would be at the top of every Jet QB record.  But wait, hes another Neil O'Donnell.  Got to laugh 

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Got to love all the fans whining about those numbers, especially if we're left without options.  A season like that would be at the top of every Jet QB record.  But wait, hes another Neil O'Donnell.  Got to laugh 

No you're right.  Neil O'Donnell was actually better

2 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

A big step back from:

4917 yards

25/12 TD-Int Ratio

Yay, he's not good as his inflated numbers That's why the Skins don't want to give him a long term extension in spite of having 0 alternative options

On 7/13/2017 at 10:49 AM, Integrity28 said:

*looks at the roster moves the Jets have made to clear space for next year*

I would be okay with us throwing the dollars at this guy, if the opportunity presents itself - and by that I mean:

• we aren not in position to draft a QB at the top of the draft
  • Hack, Petty and McCown are all trash
  • Bowles is no longer the coach
  • Cousins continues to prove he's a top QB in this league - despite being a cornball

But Cousins was not drafted at the top of the draft.   

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly.  These guys expect perfection which doesn't exist, then when you pin them down and say: "well what would you do if none of the top rookies are available?" then you see if they have any thoughts in their head, or are just here to bash. 

Cousins is going to be highly sought after, something NO'D never was.  We could get him and still draft Darnold, let him learn, then unload Cousins for picks when Darnold is ready.  It's all about having options.   Money is plentiful for us next year and fixing the QB position is our top priority.

19 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Exactly.  These guys expect perfection which doesn't exist, then when you pin them down and say: "well what would you do if none of the top rookies are available?" then you see if they have any thoughts in their head, or are just here to bash. 

Cousins is going to be highly sought after, something NO'D never was.  We could get him and still draft Darnold, let him learn, then unload Cousins for picks when Darnold is ready.  It's all about having options.   Money is plentiful for us next year and fixing the QB position is our top priority.

Also have to love the logic, or lack of.  When we go for a WR, like when we went after Decker, he was a product of good QB play by Manning.  

When theres talk about a QB, he becomes the product of good a WR.  

Apparently the only constant is whoever we go after just isnt good enough, even at a position where we absolutely need all the help when can get

2 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Well he may not be Derek Carr good and he wants Derek Carr $, but they did just pay him $23M+ to franchise him this year.

We have no idea what the skins have offered, but it's clear Cousins want mega money.  Hey, when you are a young QB and you put up numbers you get paid

12 hours ago, thadude said:

Yay, he's not good as his inflated numbers That's why the Skins don't want to give him a long term extension in spite of having 0 alternative options

Agree.  Hate it when all these shltty QBs inflate their numbers by throwing for around 5K yards, 25 plus TDs and single digit INTs.  How much does that suck.  

Jameis?  

1 hour ago, Larz said:

We have no idea what the skins have offered, but it's clear Cousins want mega money.  Hey, when you are a young QB and you put up numbers you get paid

Yup, youth and production go together.  If you're young they figure your arrow is pointing upwards, so they want to lock you up for a long time.  Cousins may have been better, but he's 30 so he'll get a shorter term, but not as lucrative contract. 

1 minute ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Yup, youth and production go together.  If your young they figure your arrow is pointing upwards, so they want to lock you up for a long time.  Cousins may have been better, but he's 30 so he'll get a shorter term, but not as lucrative contract. 

I just looked it up, he turns 29 this summer, I would have guessed 26.  That is a little bit of a downer.

On 7/13/2017 at 8:49 AM, Integrity28 said:

*looks at the roster moves the Jets have made to clear space for next year*

I would be okay with us throwing the dollars at this guy, if the opportunity presents itself - and by that I mean:

• we aren not in position to draft a QB at the top of the draft
  • Hack, Petty and McCown are all trash
  • Bowles is no longer the coach
  • Cousins continues to prove he's a top QB in this league - despite being a cornball

the two are intimately linked.

And hell no to Cousins - are you guys insane? He's not the worst option, but fck me if I had to live through this past decade to just settle for that. top 10 pick/QB or GTFO

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

the two are intimately linked.

And hell no to Cousins - are you guys insane? He's not the worst option, but fck me if I had to live through this past decade to just settle for that. top 10 pick/QB or GTFO

OK, we arent lucky enough to have Hack work out, Pettys never going to be better than Cousins.  But we miss out on the big three in next years draft.  Who do you think is out there waiting to be plucked up thats better than Cousins?  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

OK, we arent lucky enough to have Hack work out, Pettys never going to be better than Cousins.  Ever.  But we miss out on the big three in next years draft.  Who do you think is out there waiting to be plucked up thats better than Cousins?  

Firstly -- impossible scenario. Cousins will get paid before next year's draft (FA in March). The JETS would have to commit that money prior to knowing if they land a QB in the draft. Which they won't do.

But regardless - top 3? There's like top 5? Rosen, Darnold, Falk, Allen, Jackson, Rudolf -- any of these guys (probably 3-4) will go in the top 15 picks. We're gonna get one - it's just our time. 

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Firstly -- impossible scenario. Cousins will get paid before next year's draft (FA in March). The JETS would have to commit that money prior to knowing if they land a QB in the draft. Which they won't do.

But regardless - top 3? There's like top 5? Rosen, Darnold, Falk, Allen, Jackson, Rudolf -- any of these guys (probably 3-4) will go in the top 15 picks. We're gonna get one - it's just our time. 

My point still is, outside of the big three, theres a drop off as of today, who is throwing for 5K yards, 25 TDs and single digit INT totals?

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

My point still is, outside of the big three, theres a drop off as of today, who is throwing for 5K yards, 25 TDs and single digit INT totals?

ehh, I'm having a hard time getting over your perception that there's a drop off between Allen, and Jackson and Falk. The latter two could easily leap frog Allen. Jackson as of right now is in the thick of that conversation. Luke Falk's offense is the only reason why he's got even a shroud of doubt around him... that same offense that Mahomes played in. I'd take any of those latter 3 under Rosen and Darnold. Even prefer Falk ATM. 

How could we possible not get a shot at one of these QBs without our own (Hackenberg) playing well? We're gonna win 8-9 games and terrible QB play? 

We're just not set up to pay Cousins. That would be more an ARZ or CIN type situation where they think he can be the missing piece. We'd have to commit to that investment prior to the draft... you really see this regime committing to a 29 year old QB with this roster prior to a QB loaded draft? 

doesn't add up IMO

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

ehh, I'm having a hard time getting over your perception that there's a drop off between Allen, and Jackson and Falk. The latter two could easily leap frog Allen. Jackson as of right now is in the thick of that conversation. Luke Falk's offense is the only reason why he's got even a shroud of doubt around him... that same offense that Mahomes played in. I'd take any of those latter 3 under Rosen and Darnold. Even prefer Falk ATM. 

How could we possible not get a shot at one of these QBs without our own (Hackenberg) playing well? We're gonna win 8-9 games and terrible QB play? 

We're just not set up to pay Cousins. That would be more an ARZ or CIN type situation where they think he can be the missing piece. We'd have to commit to that investment prior to the draft... you really see this regime committing to a 29 year old QB with this roster prior to a QB loaded draft? 

doesn't add up IMO

Does Falk have the physical ability (arm strength, size, etc) to be a good NFL Player?

Allen, Darnold and Rosen all have NFL quality arm strength and borderline elite size as all are 6'4 (or more in Allen's case) and 220 lbs.  Falk has the height at 6'4 but is listed at 203 and I have no idea if he has the arm strength of the others.

13 minutes ago, Paradis said:

doesn't add up IMO

Eh?  There isnt a drop is what youre selling here today?  

As for QB play youre probably right.  But its not a matter of how many game Hack wins, its a matter of how he plays.  Win totals are pointless as a 1st year starter when the team has holes.  We won 6 games with horrid QB play from Geno too.

Not talking about paying Cousins, talking about the fans who think 5K etc is easy to find and the 6th QB taken in the draft would give us that kind of play.  Do i give a shlt that hes 29?  Not for a second, who cares.  What was Vinny?  How old are guys playing 

16 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Does Falk have the physical ability (arm strength, size, etc) to be a good NFL Player?

Allen, Darnold and Rosen all have NFL quality arm strength and borderline elite size as all are 6'4 (or more in Allen's case) and 220 lbs.  Falk has the height at 6'4 but is listed at 203 and I have no idea if he has the arm strength of the others.

Falk's arm isn't elite, but it's not shabby either. Average I'd say. He does however, best everyone in the accuracy, touch, timing and anticipation department. If you snoop around, you'll find articles supporting that. At the risk of getting exiled to Saturn, I kind like him to Tom Brady... yea. 

Rosen's an anomoly. The most gifted QB next to luck in the last 20 years. Mechanics, footwork. etc. near perfect. It's his head that we're not sure about. 

Eh?  There isnt a drop is what youre selling here today?  

As for QB play youre probably right.  But its not a matter of how many game Hack wins, its a matter of how he plays.  Win totals are pointless as a 1st year starter when the team has holes.  We won 6 games with horrid QB play from Geno too.

Not talking about paying Cousins, talking about the fans who think 5K etc is easy to find and the 6th QB taken in the draft would give us that kind of play.  Do i give a shlt that hes 29?  Not for a second, who cares.  What was Vinny?  How old are guys playing 

Yes. I agree, fans don't seem to appreciate how hard it is to get that kind of production. Even some of the bigger names in the sport don't hit those numbers.

Where are you getting this drop off concept from? Social media? Allan's stock is riding on the strength of his arm. He has a whole Jay Cutler thing happening sometimes that people are glossing over because he throws like Jeff George. Rosen is the only true known commodity outside of Falk and Rudolf. There is a whole season to play this fall, things are going to shift. all I know is we are going to have a shot at somebody good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived