Cops Mafia Sign Ups

Nolder

4 hours ago, JiF said:

The truth is, I know this and I'm starting to make some life style changes.  Seeing Gerry Lopez first hand in great shape and surfing legit waves great at 68, truly inspired me.  My brother who just turned 50, is still surfing great despite not being in perfect shape and I really want to stay on my short board into my 60's.  The girlfriend just moved in (I know, I know) and she was a personal trainer for like 6 years before we met and she's already got plans for me to get into better eating habits and back into the gym.

So some of this will change...but probably not the coffee and weed.  I need those 2 things in my life for sanity purposes. 

tell her the Ocean is your Gym bro! That way she will BUILD surfin time into your week lol

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Don't eat past 7. Walk for 10-30 minutes before going to bed. Take warm  shower. Don't watch any tv that's intense or violent hour before night night. Try one of the two types of over the counter sleep aids. Try maybe melatonin, Passion flower or valerian root . Or all three. Stay away from ambient. It might make you sleep but it's a nasty medication. Get some of those blackout shades to keep the room dark so you can continue to sleep early morning. No caffeine after noon. Struggled with that sh*t for a few years. 

7 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Thanks, man. I've struggled for years with this, but it's been worse lately. I've been taking a sleep aid with diphenhydramine, but I've been taking way too much of that sh*t and I've noticed a minor complication, so I'm gonna try to stay away from any sort of sleep aid for a bit. Let my body even out. I usually listen to different relaxation mp3s or some of that weird asmr sh*t to help focus my mind, and that works to varying degrees. And I've been trying to stay away from caffeine for a while now, that sh*t can really **** with me. Appreciate the advice, man.

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Caffeine makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack - doc says it's a panic attack. sh*t is poison as far as I'm concerned.

I recently tried melatonin - and I think it makes my colon completely blow out. I won't take it again. Plus, it's habit forming. 

You have talked about GI problems similar to those I've dealt with in my lifetime. Just be wary of how much crap you're putting it, and the fact that an unstable gut is a big trigger for seratonin imbalance. 

Find a high-absorption magnesium supplement, slowly introduce it to your system - and get to a point where you can take some before bed. Too much magnesium too quick will empty you out like colonoscopy prep. This is one of the safest, most effective things I've found for relaxation. 

This is the product I use: https://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Best-Absorption-Magnesium-Supplement/dp/B000BD0RT0?th=1

When I first started using magnesium, I started with 25mg - now I take 600mg / day in three doses. It helps with recovery after workouts a lot too. I've used liquid drops, which are the best for absorption, but they get expensive. You can also do epsom salt soak or massage it in as an oil for sore muscles, etc.

I've heard if you take melatonin your body might stop producing it naturally which will basically addict you to taking it.

6 hours ago, JiF said:

I dont eat breakfast, just coffee.  I eat terribly, twice a day and mostly eat out. I always eat past 7pm.  I rarely exercise, other than surfing and sex.  I smoke weed, everyday and drink a lot.  I poop at least 3 times a day, usually 4.  And I'm as fit as a fiddle and feel great!!!

When the **** does this game start? 

Monday the 24th

5 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Thinking about it

Hope you play! I'm gonna try to make this one fun with scenes which is something I normally don't do.

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Lots of similarities w cocaine 

You in homie?

2 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Ok screw it. I'll play. Let's get started though. 

Nice. We start on Monday.

19 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'll think about it and give you a definitive answer before game start. I've been on an erratic sleep schedule lately, so it'd be hard for me to maintain a reliable presence.

19 hours ago, Nolder said:

Same here. I'm hoping I can get on a regular schedule before the game starts.

13 hours ago, JiF said:

How many different F'ing threads do I have to say "in" in to play a freaking game? 

At least 3 which prolly at least 3 times the amount of wins the Jets are gonna have this year....lololololololol

7 hours ago, JiF said:

So some of this will change...but probably not the coffee and weed.  I need those 2 things in my life for sanity purposes. 

You complete me boo!!!!!!

lololololololol

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

The way this thread has devolved into something completely different than mafia reminds me of why I love mafia.

IN.

I tried Melatonin a couple years ago and while it got me to sleep it made it extremely difficult to wake up!  Plus it felt like I strapped a couple 10 lb weights to my legs most of the day.  No thanks.

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Caffeine makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack - doc says it's a panic attack. sh*t is poison as far as I'm concerned.

I recently tried melatonin - and I think it makes my colon completely blow out. I won't take it again. Plus, it's habit forming. 

You have talked about GI problems similar to those I've dealt with in my lifetime. Just be wary of how much crap you're putting it, and the fact that an unstable gut is a big trigger for seratonin imbalance. 

Find a high-absorption magnesium supplement, slowly introduce it to your system - and get to a point where you can take some before bed. Too much magnesium too quick will empty you out like colonoscopy prep. This is one of the safest, most effective things I've found for relaxation. 

This is the product I use: https://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Best-Absorption-Magnesium-Supplement/dp/B000BD0RT0?th=1

When I first started using magnesium, I started with 25mg - now I take 600mg / day in three doses. It helps with recovery after workouts a lot too. I've used liquid drops, which are the best for absorption, but they get expensive. You can also do epsom salt soak or massage it in as an oil for sore muscles, etc.

Oh shut up you fat pig.

Just listen to Howard Stern until you fall asleep like I do... then get up and go to work.  The next night you'll go to bed earlier.

I can't believe you are all ******* this up so bad...

Drink 2 10 oz. martinis followed by as many beers as you feel are appropriate. Profit. 

*may substitute vodka for bourbon. Beer flavors and gravity may vary according to taste. 

In.

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

The way this thread has devolved into something completely different than mafia reminds me of why I love mafia.

IN.

I tried Melatonin a couple years ago and while it got me to sleep it made it extremely difficult to wake up!  Plus it felt like I strapped a couple 10 lb weights to my legs most of the day.  No thanks.

That was mescaline, not melatonin - just so you know. 

12 minutes ago, D P R said:

That was mescaline, not melatonin - just so you know. 

I did enough mescaline back in the day to get a ******* small army high.

High School Weekend special, 2 caps of the good almost beige colored mesc, a pint of whiskey and a couple joints.

Awwww the good ole days....lolololol

8 hours ago, Pac said:

Oh shut up you fat pig.

Just listen to Howard Stern until you fall asleep like I do... then get up and go to work.  The next night you'll go to bed earlier.

I can't remember - do you have kids? 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I can't remember - do you have kids? 

Gonna jump in here. Got a 2 year, 7 month old who just got into his big boy bed last month because we are due our 2nd on August 25th. Little man likes jumping out of bed at 5:30am despite his toddler alarm clock being set for 6:30, which worked for a week. Since he goes to bed at 8pm to try and compensate to get him to sleep later, we get 90 minutes a day of free time.

8 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Gonna jump in here. Got a 2 year, 7 month old who just got into his big boy bed last month because we are due our 2nd on August 25th. Little man likes jumping out of bed at 5:30am despite his toddler alarm clock being set for 6:30, which worked for a week. Since he goes to bed at 8pm to try and compensate to get him to sleep later, we get 90 minutes a day of free time.

This. 

The day for me looks like this:

• 600am - kid wakes up
  • 700am - alarm goes off
  • 800am - get everyone out of the house and drop kid off at daycare
  • 1.5 hours in traffic
  • 7 hours at work
  • 1.5 hours in traffic
  • 600pm - dinner
  • 700pm - quality time with kid/wife
  • 800pm - kid to bed, workout in home gym
  • 900pm - try to make up for work i didn't get done in office
  • 1000pm - bed

I spend all day trying to stay awake, without using caffeine - then when the time comes where I can actually sleep - my body doesn't want to down-shift. Especially with night time workouts. So, I've had to try some stuff to improve sleep quality. It is what it is.

Not fishing for sympathy - many of us have lives like this, and many of us fall into a pattern of sleep deprivation over time. 

4 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

What are the odds that this game lasts until 8/25 and I end up posting a few times again from the delivery room? Something about mafia and having children going hand in hand in my life.

Congrats by the way - our 2nd is due in October. :)

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This. 

The day for me looks like this:

• 600am - kid wakes up
  • 700am - alarm goes off
  • 800am - get everyone out of the house and drop kid off at daycare
  • 1.5 hours in traffic
  • 7 hours at work
  • 1.5 hours in traffic
  • 600pm - dinner
  • 700pm - quality time with kid/wife
  • 800pm - kid to bed, workout in home gym
  • 900pm - try to make up for work i didn't get done in office
  • 1000pm - bed

I spend all day trying to stay awake, without using caffeine - then when the time comes where I can actually sleep - my body doesn't want to down-shift. Especially with night time workouts. So, I've had to try some stuff to improve sleep quality. It is what it is.

Not fishing for sympathy - many of us have lives like this, and many of us fall into a pattern of sleep deprivation over time. 

We have similar days... My commute is a little shorter at 60 minutes but it's an update to my schedule and been a real drain. At least you're working out - I used to in the morning instead of at night. I had some real life stuff pop up back in April that I had to take work off to deal with, and now my motivation currently for working out is shot. I am hoping the fog clears out soon, maybe a couple more weeks to a month if I'm lucky. Working out is important when you're living a busy life.

Just now, Lizard King said:

We have similar days... My commute is a little shorter at 60 minutes but it's been a real drain. At least you're working out - I used to in the morning instead of at night. I had some real life stuff pop up back in April that I had to take work off to deal with, and now my motivation currently for working out is shot. I am hoping the fog clears out soon, maybe a couple more weeks to a month if I'm lucky. Working out is important when you're living a busy life.

Yea, I think it might be pre-mid-life crisis... but in January I started really busting my ass and built a home gym. I had gone years without really working out. I dunno, now I can't go a few days without it - it makes me stir crazy to skip. The past couple weeks I haven't been able to because I've had food poisoning too - I'm starting back up today.

I basically stopped watching television - almost completely - in order to make room for the workouts. Sorry, you had RL sh*t derail you. Good luck getting back on a routine.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, I think it might be pre-mid-life crisis... but in January I started really busting my ass and built a home gym. I had gone years without really working out. I dunno, now I can't go a few days without it - it makes me stir crazy to skip. The past couple weeks I haven't been able to because I've had food poisoning too - I'm starting back up today.

I basically stopped watching television - almost completely - in order to make room for the workouts. Sorry, you had RL sh*t derail you. Good luck getting back on a routine.

Thanks. Yeah my in-laws sold their house and actually gave us an Arc Trainer so I have literally no excuse other than being kinda down in the dumps lately. Been a huge problem with work too just no motivation.  I know it'll pass, just waiting patiently.

39 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Thanks. Yeah my in-laws sold their house and actually gave us an Arc Trainer so I have literally no excuse other than being kinda down in the dumps lately. Been a huge problem with work too just no motivation.  I know it'll pass, just waiting patiently.

Been there. Time doesn't always heal, but it certainly helps reset sometimes. :)

Archived