Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Nolder

Cops Mafia Sign Ups

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Hey Dice. Wassup? 

hey Crush! well im 42 tomorrow but other then that not much.

 

hows you? still livin the Bacon life?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JiF said:

The truth is, I know this and I'm starting to make some life style changes.  Seeing Gerry Lopez first hand in great shape and surfing legit waves great at 68, truly inspired me.  My brother who just turned 50, is still surfing great despite not being in perfect shape and I really want to stay on my short board into my 60's.  The girlfriend just moved in (I know, I know) and she was a personal trainer for like 6 years before we met and she's already got plans for me to get into better eating habits and back into the gym.

So some of this will change...but probably not the coffee and weed.  I need those 2 things in my life for sanity purposes. 

tell her the Ocean is your Gym bro! That way she will BUILD surfin time into your week lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Don't eat past 7. Walk for 10-30 minutes before going to bed. Take warm  shower. Don't watch any tv that's intense or violent hour before night night. Try one of the two types of over the counter sleep aids. Try maybe melatonin, Passion flower or valerian root . Or all three. Stay away from ambient. It might make you sleep but it's a nasty medication. Get some of those blackout shades to keep the room dark so you can continue to sleep early morning. No caffeine after noon. Struggled with that sh*t for a few years. 

 

7 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Thanks, man. I've struggled for years with this, but it's been worse lately. I've been taking a sleep aid with diphenhydramine, but I've been taking way too much of that sh*t and I've noticed a minor complication, so I'm gonna try to stay away from any sort of sleep aid for a bit. Let my body even out. I usually listen to different relaxation mp3s or some of that weird asmr sh*t to help focus my mind, and that works to varying degrees. And I've been trying to stay away from caffeine for a while now, that sh*t can really **** with me. Appreciate the advice, man.

 

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Caffeine makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack - doc says it's a panic attack. sh*t is poison as far as I'm concerned.

I recently tried melatonin - and I think it makes my colon completely blow out. I won't take it again. Plus, it's habit forming. 

You have talked about GI problems similar to those I've dealt with in my lifetime. Just be wary of how much crap you're putting it, and the fact that an unstable gut is a big trigger for seratonin imbalance. 

Find a high-absorption magnesium supplement, slowly introduce it to your system - and get to a point where you can take some before bed. Too much magnesium too quick will empty you out like colonoscopy prep. This is one of the safest, most effective things I've found for relaxation. 

This is the product I use: https://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Best-Absorption-Magnesium-Supplement/dp/B000BD0RT0?th=1

When I first started using magnesium, I started with 25mg - now I take 600mg / day in three doses. It helps with recovery after workouts a lot too. I've used liquid drops, which are the best for absorption, but they get expensive. You can also do epsom salt soak or massage it in as an oil for sore muscles, etc.

I've heard if you take melatonin your body might stop producing it naturally which will basically addict you to taking it.

6 hours ago, JiF said:

I dont eat breakfast, just coffee.  I eat terribly, twice a day and mostly eat out. I always eat past 7pm.  I rarely exercise, other than surfing and sex.  I smoke weed, everyday and drink a lot.  I poop at least 3 times a day, usually 4.  And I'm as fit as a fiddle and feel great!!!

When the **** does this game start? 

Monday the 24th

5 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Thinking about it

Hope you play! I'm gonna try to make this one fun with scenes which is something I normally don't do.

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Lots of similarities w cocaine 

You in homie?

2 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Ok screw it. I'll play. Let's get started though. 

Nice. We start on Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'll think about it and give you a definitive answer before game start. I've been on an erratic sleep schedule lately, so it'd be hard for me to maintain a reliable presence.

 

19 hours ago, Nolder said:

Same here. I'm hoping I can get on a regular schedule before the game starts.

 

 

13 hours ago, JiF said:

How many different F'ing threads do I have to say "in" in to play a freaking game? 

At least 3 which prolly at least 3 times the amount of wins the Jets are gonna have this year....lololololololol

 

7 hours ago, JiF said:

So some of this will change...but probably not the coffee and weed.  I need those 2 things in my life for sanity purposes. 

You complete me boo!!!!!!

lololololololol

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Come on beautiful!!!!!!!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

 

Not gonna lie, I got a chubb from this gif!!!!

lolololololol

It gave me the carpel tunnel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way this thread has devolved into something completely different than mafia reminds me of why I love mafia.

IN.

I tried Melatonin a couple years ago and while it got me to sleep it made it extremely difficult to wake up!  Plus it felt like I strapped a couple 10 lb weights to my legs most of the day.  No thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Caffeine makes me feel like I'm having a heart attack - doc says it's a panic attack. sh*t is poison as far as I'm concerned.

I recently tried melatonin - and I think it makes my colon completely blow out. I won't take it again. Plus, it's habit forming. 

You have talked about GI problems similar to those I've dealt with in my lifetime. Just be wary of how much crap you're putting it, and the fact that an unstable gut is a big trigger for seratonin imbalance. 

Find a high-absorption magnesium supplement, slowly introduce it to your system - and get to a point where you can take some before bed. Too much magnesium too quick will empty you out like colonoscopy prep. This is one of the safest, most effective things I've found for relaxation. 

This is the product I use: https://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Best-Absorption-Magnesium-Supplement/dp/B000BD0RT0?th=1

When I first started using magnesium, I started with 25mg - now I take 600mg / day in three doses. It helps with recovery after workouts a lot too. I've used liquid drops, which are the best for absorption, but they get expensive. You can also do epsom salt soak or massage it in as an oil for sore muscles, etc.

Oh shut up you fat pig.

Just listen to Howard Stern until you fall asleep like I do... then get up and go to work.  The next night you'll go to bed earlier.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe you are all ******* this up so bad...

Drink 2 10 oz. martinis followed by as many beers as you feel are appropriate. Profit. 

*may substitute vodka for bourbon. Beer flavors and gravity may vary according to taste. 

 

In.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pac said:

The way this thread has devolved into something completely different than mafia reminds me of why I love mafia.

IN.

I tried Melatonin a couple years ago and while it got me to sleep it made it extremely difficult to wake up!  Plus it felt like I strapped a couple 10 lb weights to my legs most of the day.  No thanks.

 

That was mescaline, not melatonin - just so you know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pac said:

I don't eat seafood.

Yeah, the giant crabs scare pretty much everybody. No shame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, D P R said:

That was mescaline, not melatonin - just so you know. 

I did enough mescaline back in the day to get a ******* small army high.

High School Weekend special, 2 caps of the good almost beige colored mesc, a pint of whiskey and a couple joints.

Awwww the good ole days....lolololol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am 80% done making a 13 player setup.

I don't think we actually have 13 players yet but I can easily readjust if we get more or less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pac said:

Oh shut up you fat pig.

Just listen to Howard Stern until you fall asleep like I do... then get up and go to work.  The next night you'll go to bed earlier.

 

I can't remember - do you have kids? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I can't remember - do you have kids? 

Gonna jump in here. Got a 2 year, 7 month old who just got into his big boy bed last month because we are due our 2nd on August 25th. Little man likes jumping out of bed at 5:30am despite his toddler alarm clock being set for 6:30, which worked for a week. Since he goes to bed at 8pm to try and compensate to get him to sleep later, we get 90 minutes a day of free time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the odds that this game lasts until 8/25 and I end up posting a few times again from the delivery room? Something about mafia and having children going hand in hand in my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Gonna jump in here. Got a 2 year, 7 month old who just got into his big boy bed last month because we are due our 2nd on August 25th. Little man likes jumping out of bed at 5:30am despite his toddler alarm clock being set for 6:30, which worked for a week. Since he goes to bed at 8pm to try and compensate to get him to sleep later, we get 90 minutes a day of free time.

This. 

The day for me looks like this:

  • 600am - kid wakes up
  • 700am - alarm goes off
  • 800am - get everyone out of the house and drop kid off at daycare
  • 1.5 hours in traffic
  • 7 hours at work
  • 1.5 hours in traffic
  • 600pm - dinner
  • 700pm - quality time with kid/wife
  • 800pm - kid to bed, workout in home gym
  • 900pm - try to make up for work i didn't get done in office
  • 1000pm - bed

I spend all day trying to stay awake, without using caffeine - then when the time comes where I can actually sleep - my body doesn't want to down-shift. Especially with night time workouts. So, I've had to try some stuff to improve sleep quality. It is what it is.

Not fishing for sympathy - many of us have lives like this, and many of us fall into a pattern of sleep deprivation over time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  



×