Jamal Adams has been signed!

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Disagree. The make-up of the players are like night and day. If you can't see that you're not paying attention.

And if you would have said this in Richardsons first two seasons you werent paying attention.  Everyone loved the fire he exuded and the I want to be a jet forever mantra

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And if you would have said this in Richardsons first two seasons you werent paying attention.  Everyone loved the fire he exuded and the I want to be a jet forever mantra

Yes but the fact remains the make-up of the two players are like night and day. Which my original post points out and your post validates.

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yes but the fact remains the make-up of the two players are like night and day. Which my original post points out and your post validates.

So which is it, their makeups are night and day or its on Bowles because they are? 

Again, no one complained about Richardsons make-up his first few seasons, he was one of the most popular Jet players.  That he went out and got caught smoking a blunt in the offseason isnt on Bowles anymore than speeding was.  Sometimes its on the player.  Never hear anyone complain that LT was criminal because of Parcells, Hernandez was a murderer because of BB, Coughlins fault that Brown beat his wife, Harbaughs fault that Rice beat his fiance, etc.  Its a SOJF whine that someone has to be blamed for whatever crisis comes up, specifically the HC.  

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So which is it, their makeups are night and day or its on Bowles because they are? 

Again, no one complained about Richardsons make-up his first few seasons, he was one of the most popular Jet players.  That he went out and got caught smoking a blunt in the offseason isnt on Bowles anymore than speeding was.  Sometimes its on the player.  Never hear anyone complain that LT was criminal because of Parcells, Hernandez was a murderer because of BB, Coughlins fault that Brown beat his wife, Harbaughs fault that Rice beat his fiance, etc.  Its a SOJF whine that someone has to be blamed for whatever crisis comes up, specifically the HC.  

For the third time the make-ups of the players are night and day. Do you need comprehension lessons? No matter how you try and spin it that is what I said from the beginning to you. You must be really bored to try and make this into something else.

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

For the third time the make-ups of the players are night and day. Do you need comprehension lessons? No matter how you try and spin it that is what I said from the beginning to you. You must be really bored to try and make this into something else.

And for the third time after Richardsons 2nd season you never would say this.  We had no idea that Richardson was going to go on and have a couple of run ins with the law or the league.

No matter how many times you say it I'm talking pre weed.  Fans were too busy calling him out best DLman.  He was as popular with fans as Leo is today.  

On 7/23/2017 at 10:38 AM, Jet Nut said:

And for the third time after Richardsons 2nd season you never would say this.  We had no idea that Richardson was going to go on and have a couple of run ins with the law or the league.

No matter how many times you say it I'm talking pre weed.  Fans were too busy calling him out best DLman.  He was as popular with fans as Leo is today.  

Yes I would because its true. Your talking about Richardson's performance on and off the field. I am talking personality difference. Leo and Richardson are like night and day in that respect. Have you ever heard Leo run his mouth about anything? You can count on one hand the amount of quotes in the media from Leo. The guy shows up and lets his actions speak for him.

14 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yes I would because its true. Your talking about Richardson's performance on and off the field. I am talking personality difference. Leo and Richardson are like night and day in that respect. Have you ever heard Leo run his mouth about anything? You can count on one hand the amount of quotes in the media from Leo. The guy shows up and lets his actions speak for him.

Guess you missed when Leo blasted the fans for basically being SOJFs, being negative and booing their own team?  

Richardson never did that.  He was full of fire, called out opponents but never his own fan base.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Guess you missed when Leo blasted the fans for basically being SOJFs, being negative and booing their own team?  

Richardson never did that.  He was full of fire, called out opponents but never his own fan base.  

when was that? Must not have been that big a deal if nobody remembers it. And no Richardson never called out fans, just a former teammate well passed the point of their little spat mattering a wink.

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Must have missed that. You got a link? Even so that was probably out of frustration playing for a dead from the neck up HC whose team quit on him. I have never heard Leo bad mouth another teammate and you must remember when he backed off another guy from getting in worse trouble at a certain event? Has Richardson ever done something like that? No. My point is that these guys are as different as apples and oranges when it comes to personality until proven otherwise.

22 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Must have missed that. You got a link? Even so that was probably out of frustration playing for a dead from the neck up HC whose team quit on him. I have never heard Leo bad mouth another teammate and you must remember when he backed off another guy from getting in worse trouble at a certain event? Has Richardson ever done something like that? No. My point is that these guys are as different as apples and oranges when it comes to personality until proven otherwise.

As I said, Richardson never said much either in his first two seasons.  Players can get louder as they prove their worth.  No big deal though. 

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Some details on Jamal Adams' four-year, $22.26M contract (fully guaranteed) with the Jets: Signing bonus is $14.3M. From 2018-2020, he receives guaranteed roster bonuses on the third day of the league year (March): $921K, $1.8M and $2.8M.

• Upvote 1

I am sure some will think this guy is nuts, but anyone that plays football is nuts. Tom Brady has more SBs than anyone could ever dream of winning and he is still playing despite the risks. Peyton played through a number of neck surgeries that could effect him for years down the line. But these are the guys you want on your team.  

• 3 years later...
On 7/21/2017 at 6:13 AM, Dcat said:

Because I was wondering aloud how long it will take for this downtrodden franchise to ruin Adams' great enthusiasm and motivation. Kid comes in with everything we could ask for but Jets give him a surrounding team in the midst of a personnel dump leaving little talent on the field.  My concern is that Adams gets demoralized within the next 2 years.  

Pretty close to being right here.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Pretty close to being right here.

He wasn't demoralized until he found out the team didn't have as high an opinion of him as he had. All was harmonious until they entertained trade offers in October. Then it got smoothed out quickly after that, until he didn't get an extension offer after his 3rd season.

The mistake was in drafting him in the first place in that spot. Considering what they missed take him, how desperate they were for a QB at the time, and the Domino line of events that followed - semi-tanking 2017 so they could use 4 high picks on Darnold - Adams was one of the worst draft picks in team history.

Seattle rescued us from the situation a little bit in terms of picks, but the team will never get those wasted years back and will never get over choosing a safety over Mahomes when - baseless hope aside - the GM knew we didn't have a QB.

That he's gone is a blessing so we don't have to see such a constant, vocal reminder of what player he isn't. Next to go and purge the roster of the mistake is Darnold, or it's sure looking that way anyhow.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He wasn't demoralized until he found out the team didn't have as high an opinion of him as he had. All was harmonious until they entertained trade offers in October. Then it got smoothed out quickly after that, until he didn't get an extension offer after his 3rd season.

The mistake was in drafting him in the first place in that spot. Considering what they missed take him, how desperate they were for a QB at the time, and the Domino line of events that followed - semi-tanking 2017 so they could use 4 high picks on Darnold - Adams was one of the worst draft picks in team history.

Seattle rescued us from the situation a little bit in terms of picks, but the team will never get those wasted years back and will never get over choosing a safety over Mahomes when - baseless hope aside - the GM knew we didn't have a QB.

That he's gone is a blessing so we don't have to see such a constant, vocal reminder of what player he isn't. Next to go and purge the roster of the mistake is Darnold, or it's sure looking that way anyhow.

“Adams was one of the worst draft picks in history” lmao

Stop using emotion and argue with relevant facts. The guy who went to the pro bowl multiple times in his young career and just got you 2 first rounders from a well respected GM was a much better pick then....I don’t know... Gholston? 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

“Adams was one of the worst draft picks in history” lmao

Stop using emotion and argue with relevant facts. The guy who went to the pro bowl multiple times in his young career and just got you 2 first rounders from a well respected GM was a much better pick then....I don’t know... Gholston? 

Gholston was a monumental bust, and Adams wasn't a bust at all. But which all time great QB should we have drafted instead of Gholston at #6 that year?

In terms of what we lost out on, and how the #1 need on the Jets' list was QB, drafting Adams over a HOF QB (possibly two of them) without either being a massive reach in our slot, was a much bigger whiff and did the organization far more harm relative to the player they should have taken.

• Upvote 1

People really can't let Adams go.

The dude was one of the biggest d-bags to ever don the green and white for our abomination of a team. I'm fully aware we are trash ..... I'm still glad he's gone.

That doesn't make him a bad football player. Just one I didn't and don't want to root for.

Boo for necro-ing this thread

half baked boo GIF