Cops Mafia

Nolder

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I got to ask. Whats your alignment? Its not town that I can assure you. You talked about helping scum in an earlier post. I investigated you for that reason. You a vig?

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

Whoa.  If he's not town how could he be a vig?  You mean SK?  

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. SK. I got those two confused. He actually made a half joke post about helping scum out.  It stuck out to me both times I read the thread. Like he as trying to signal someone. Let me go find it.

I'm catching up. 

I'm a Survivor. Just have to live until end game. I really have no clue, strategically, what to do with the role - so I was thinking of offering my vote to whoever is willing not to kill me. Like bartering my allegiance from one day to the next.

If I were SK I would have shot DPR or Smash, just for the lulz.

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh sh*t...that's right.  never mind.  Forgot that detail.

Why are you not voting him? 

Vote Ape

31 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

This is the post that made me investigate Ape. Its a weird wag your dick in someone face post. just seemed off to me.

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh I remember.  I also remember him getting behind the JiF but clearly I was doing a brilliant job of scum hunting and he was just following, which would make sense if he's a SK. The only thing that wouldnt is the 1 death last night.  Unless he's limited. .

eeew, jif

i didn't think i'd make it past N3, so yes, i was show-boating a bit - or dick wagging

33 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

hold on...if ape is sk, why weren't there 2 deaths overnight?

This.

32 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Kinda wanted to fukc with him a little. Meh, vote ape

lol, <3

30 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. Thats what made me think SK. Or symp. In a Cop game he may have hit someone with a vest if he is a SK.

Nope. First thing you should do is this @Nolder if a show was fired and failed, would it be reflected in the scene? I ALWAYS make it clear in my scenes that a shot was fired and failed. Always.

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hmm.  My guess is Ape is a Survivor.  Hence his openly trying to get "recruited" by scum.  

Bingo. 

10 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

That makes more sense than SK

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm a Survivor. Just have to live until end game. I really have no clue, strategically, what to do with the role - so I was thinking of offering my vote to whoever is willing not to kill me. Like bartering my allegiance from one day to the next.

Called it!

I know that traditionally we kill off ALL 3rd party players, and typically do so immediately.  But then again we used to kill off Miller's too.  I'm in favor of bucking the trend and keeping Ape alive.  It'll be more fun.  

If he's lying and is actually an SK, we'll know that fairly soon if we start seeing nights with 2 deaths.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Called it!

I know that traditionally we kill of ALL 3rd party players, and do so immediately.  But then again we used to kill off Miller's too.  I'm in favor of bucking the trend and keeping Ape alive.  It'll be more fun.  

If he's lying and is actually an SK, we'll know that fairly soon if we start seeing nights with 2 deaths.  

If I were SK, I wouldn't have played myself into an early reveal that would have forced me to holster every night. Just sayin', there's absolutely no logic behind begging to be viewed, interrogated and run up out-of-the-gate if I have SK abilities.

Anyway, you guys do as you see fit. This is a lame role. If I scum hunt, then scum NKs me - and if I don't, the town lynches me.

It's like being a mercenary without a gun. Like the A-Team, nobody gets hurt!

@Integrity28 my scenes are just for fun. Like for example in the scene where Spoot was killed there were like 5 or 6 shots fired. I assure you 5 or 6 people did not shoot each other last night. Just flavor. I don't try to hide hints in scenes because I feel like it distracts from the game. People start analyzing the scenes and trying to game the mod rather than scumhunt and just play the damn game you know?

Just now, Nolder said:

@Integrity28 my scenes are just for fun. Like for example in the scene where Spoot was killed there were like 5 or 6 shots fired. I assure you 5 or 6 people did not shoot each other last night. Just flavor. I don't try to hide hints in scenes because I feel like it distracts from the game. People start analyzing the scenes and trying to game the mod rather than scumhunt and just play the damn game you know?

So if a party takes and misses a shot, we won't hear about it in the scene?

Just now, Nolder said:

Well, I disagree with this - scenes are supposed to be used to provide information to the players. I'm not suggesting things be hidden, I'm saying that if 2 shots were fired - and only 1 was successful - I'm a believer that something in the scene should make that clear. 

Case in point - last game when both scum and vig targeted Nyn, her scene said she was trampled by cleats (scum method of killing) and hit with javeline (vig method of killing).

That's important game-play guidance that the moderator should provide, IMO.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Well, I disagree with this - scenes are supposed to be used to provide information to the players. I'm not suggesting things be hidden, I'm saying that if 2 shots were fired - and only 1 was successful - I'm a believer that something in the scene should make that clear. 

Case in point - last game when both scum and vig targeted Nyn, her scene said she was trampled by cleats (scum method of killing) and hit with javeline (vig method of killing).

That's important game-play guidance that the moderator should provide, IMO.

I guess that's just not how I was taught mafia. I've only ever really seen this done on JN primarily (with some occasional overlaps on DM).

I believe scenes are supposed to be entertaining not informative.

Let me correct myself, I have done hints in scenes in past games.

I've tried it out and I don't like it. So I'm not saying I've never done it before but it is not my preferred method.

If there are hints in scenes I make sure the game knows that before hand.

Just now, Nolder said:

I guess that's just not how I was taught mafia. I've only ever really seen this done on JN primarily (with some occasional overlaps on DM).

I believe scenes are supposed to be entertaining not informative.

Withholding information is going to lead to speculation about setup and what the mod would do - hence gaming the mod.

Providing information gives the players a framework to focus on each other.

Not revealing info is going to have the opposite effect of what you intended. Just FYI.

Withholding information is going to lead to speculation about setup and what the mod would do - hence gaming the mod.

Not revealing info is going to have the opposite effect of what you intended. Just FYI.

Not really. But ok.

People can reflect on night happenings all they want. It's about deduction and bringing up possible venues for the outcome. I've never seen a reason to spoon feed the players what happened via scenes and always tell people not to infer from my scenes. If they choose to do it anyhow, then they're plain dumb.

Withholding what information? Like that a vig fired a shot? Like I said maybe I was just taught differently but when I learned mafia for the first time we weren't given this kind of information and I don't really understand why it's necessary for town to know that. We were given mechanically necessary information to progress the game (ie when someone dies we were told what their role was). We didn't get to know what actions were taken at night. I mean, for example, why isn't there ever hints about cop investigations or watchers or trackers? Vigs and SKs seem to be the only role this hinting usually applies to.

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Withholding what information? Like that a vig fired a shot? Like I said maybe I was just taught differently but when I learned mafia for the first time we weren't given this kind of information and I don't really understand why it's necessary for town to know that. We were given mechanically necessary information to progress the game (ie when someone dies we were told what their role was). We didn't get to know what actions were taken at night. I mean, for example, why isn't there ever hints about cop investigations or watchers or trackers? Vigs and SKs seem to be the only role this hinting usually applies to.

Ive actually seen it both ways. Neither tends to be the standard. Its whatever the mod does. I like this game Nolder. I like you. You a very nice boy.

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Understanding how many potential deaths per night there are is relevant to the game moving forward, and the pace at which it does so. The pace of body count is the games built-in timer. I think it's fundamentally different than things like viewings, etc.

1 hour ago, D P R said:

Just to try and make my point again - when you let Verb slide because you feel like he will be easier to sniff out, you will inevitably be forced to make the choice between lynching him and another player that might also be scum. He will always be a distraction until he is sorted, and that hurts the town. That's why I voted him originally and feel like it's never a town play to claim Miller unless forced. 

She people like to scum hunt. Some people like to clear town. I don't think either of those is particularly effective in early days (although I prefer scumhunting above clearing...) and instead think it's important to eliminate distractions that steal your focus the closer you get to endgame. Still think he would have been the best D1 lynch. 

Dude, you are literally the only one who is harping on my claim being a distraction.  If you are somehow a townie, you need to escape this crazy tunnel you've got going on.....

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Not my fault he gets all uppity when disagreed with. You'd think he'd be used to it by now considering all the practice he's had :-P

lol, uppity... coming from you

i can get you to quit caring about this game, and pouting, in under 5 posts - i'm just not going to

Archived