Jump to content

Cops Mafia


Nolder
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ok so I think I mentioned this in the dead thread but Verbal's role was a last second (literally) addition to the game.

I didn't notice he'd signed up for the game until I was half way done sending out role PMs.

I felt bad and didn't want to count him out but giving town an extra guy seemed to OP the town imho.

So I made him town miller. Go figure what that did to the balance

 

Oh Ape could be recruited to mafia if they offered him drugs, that was a very late change in the balance as well and possibly a bad decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nolder said:

Ok so I think I mentioned this in the dead thread but Verbal's role was a last second (literally) addition to the game.

I didn't notice he'd signed up for the game until I was half way done sending out role PMs.

I felt bad and didn't want to count him out but giving town an extra guy seemed to OP the town imho.

So I made him town miller. Go figure what that did to the balance

 

Oh Ape could be recruited to mafia if they offered him drugs, that was a very late change in the balance as well and possibly a bad decision.

so I was right about that.

What about lizzie getting offered drugs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

so I was right about that.

What about lizzie getting offered drugs?

He got offered drugs before 80 was lynched and so when the lynch went through I decided that he should still be offered the drugs.

Kind of sad the drugs didn't have more of an effect on the game but they were probably a stupid idea to begin with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, D P R said:

OMG - PacDoc sucked.

There was no doc..  I was willing to die for Crush twice and I died for JC yesterday.  It's called a bodyguard..  wiki it.

I also was first and most aggressive on 80 and Dice.

I bought you 2 extra days with my play and you couldn't get out of your own way.  In short..  you sucked.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh the thing I did on D1 where I stopped voting and made you all check in was done on a whim.

I was unhappy with the activity up to that point and wanted to spice things up and I'd seen DPR do similar things in the past so that was what you got.

Also possibly a point of contention balance wise maybe. I did take 5 peoples votes away on D1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the DT.... pac, if you were a bodyguard there was never a doc in the game. I was breadcrumbing cause I was doing what a VT is supposed to do... draw the kill to earn PRs another night. I was hoping my shtick would draw a nk on me vs crusher. But it looks like I got role copped so they knew i was fibbing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nolder said:

He got offered drugs before 80 was lynched and so when the lynch went through I decided that he should still be offered the drugs.

Kind of sad the drugs didn't have more of an effect on the game but they were probably a stupid idea to begin with.

Yeah but were they able to recruit anyone by offering drugs? That's what I don't get. Cause it sounded like only ape could be converted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Oh the thing I did on D1 where I stopped voting and made you all check in was done on a whim.

I was unhappy with the activity up to that point and wanted to spice things up and I'd seen DPR do similar things in the past so that was what you got.

Also possibly a point of contention balance wise maybe. I did take 5 peoples votes away on D1.

This was actually a smart mechanic and you put Dice and Krak in the cross hairs.  Well done!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

There was no doc..  I was willing to die for Crush twice and I died for JC yesterday.  It's called a bodyguard..  wiki it.

I also was first and most aggressive on 80 and Dice.

I bought you 2 extra days with my play and you couldn't get out of your own way.  In short..  you sucked.

You played decent in hindsight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Not going to complain too much because the game was fun and the most "mafia like" game I've played in a long time.

But we just played a game with no Doc or vests against 3 souped up scum, a filthy stupid Ape, a Miller, a floating faaking GF (priceless), and a deranged Vig intent on killing townies.

The balance was about as bad as I've ever seen...

The town should get a plaque made for this victory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

 Not going to complain too much because the game was fun and the most "mafia like" game I've played in a long time.

But we just played a game with no Doc or vests against 3 souped up scum, a filthy stupid Ape, a Miller, a floating faaking GF (priceless), and a deranged Vig intent on killing townies.

The balance was about as bad as I've ever seen...

The town should get a plaque made for this victory.

Wait you weren't a Doc. Damn . I just wasted some nice insults in the dead thread LOL

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

 Not going to complain too much because the game was fun and the most "mafia like" game I've played in a long time.

But we just played a game with no Doc or vests against 3 souped up scum, a filthy stupid Ape, a Miller, a floating faaking GF (priceless), and a deranged Vig intent on killing townies.

The balance was about as bad as I've ever seen...

The town should get a plaque made for this victory.

Maybe you should mix up a couple White Russians and mod the next one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Maybe you should mix up a couple White Russians and mod the next one?

No chance of that but I'm back to signing up for most games and will mod again at some point.

Smash should mod the Deadwood game he's been talking about for 6 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wait you weren't a Doc. Damn . I just wasted some nice insults in the dead thread LOL

 

 

I've said 10 times there was no doc but no one is listening lol..  bodyguard is not a doc.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

I've said 10 times there was no doc but no one is listening lol..  bodyguard is not a doc.

it's not but it's a protective role. In most cases if there's a bodyguard then there's no doc. I've seen maybe one game where there were both but it was a huge game and i think possibly blasted with prs on purpose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

Did the vig really have 6 shots? lol

I mean it's mostly flavor since making him a vig with unlimited shots is more or less the same thing.

How many vigs live to see N6? How many games make it to N6?

But yes he had 6 shots. The flavor was that he used a 6 shooter instead of a normal gun. /shrug

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

then i don't get it... what does offering drugs to a player do?

I thought I explained that in the DT? Maybe not...

When a player uses the drugs, if they choose to do so, I flip a coin on random.org.

Heads they are silenced the next day and tails they have their vote doubled.

There was also a side effect that ANY player who had a role and took the drugs would be roleblocked for that night regardless of the coinflip results.

The only person who took drugs was Smash and he got roleblocked and silenced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I mean it's mostly flavor since making him a vig with unlimited shots is more or less the same thing.

How many vigs live to see N6? How many games make it to N6?

But yes he had 6 shots. The flavor was that he used a 6 shooter instead of a normal gun. /shrug

I think he prolly should have only had like two shots maybe?  full vig seems a bit excessive. But that's just my opinion.... not that it matters, he died quick  lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...