Jets just torpedoed the PSL resale market

Doggin94it

35 minutes ago, Maxman said:

@SAR I you going to make it to more than 3 or 4 games this year? Hope so we can use all the help we can get on game day. Please be loud when you are at the stadium. Even though it isn't every game the fans that are there each week appreciate the help.

Thanks and go Jets.

Probably not.  I'm selling the home opener to Dolphins fans as they aren't shy in spending money to support their team and it's a back-to-back where I'll definitely be at the Jags game-   after all, it's our only chance for a home win all season.  After that, there's the Patriots and Falcons payday's, Super Bowl crazies come to NY in good weather.  So that's 1 of the first 4 I'll be attending.  After that?  Who knows.  If they show some effort, I'll go to the Panthers game.  If they are in full-quit mode and Bowles is dead man walking, I'll sell the rest and get out of dodge making maybe 60% of my $5,500 back and waiting for brighter days next year.  It's a 30 year long-haul as a PSL owner.  Not every season will be enthralling.

When at the games, we're very loud.  In the first row of the mezzanine we have this steel wall you see, and we bang on that like crazy, the 4 of us make the equivalent noise of 20 fans with that steel banging and reverberating like that.

Your sarcasm is noted.  Be advised that season ticket holders responsibilities to the team end in April when we write our fat checks to the Jets.  After that, it's at our discretion whether we attend the games and it's based on how hard the team is trying and what talent they are putting out there.  Our money supports the Jets.  Shouting voices and banging walls are immaterial.  A loud fan or an empty seat never won or lost a football game.

SAR I

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/29/2017 at 0:43 AM, SAR I said:

You've got it backwards.

The 55,000 PSL owners are the ones loyal to the team, who stick with them through good times and bad.

The 27,500 Upper Deckers are the ones who gave up their Giants Stadium season tickets, took Woody Johnson's free handout in the PSL-free zones, and quit on the team entirely once the AFC Championship Game appearances stopped and it was clear that it was tough times ahead.

These mythical "die hard" fans are turncoats.  They're the voices that are missing on gameday's.  PSL owners make just as much noise as they did in Giants Stadium.  It's the poor, stupid, drunken slob policemen, firemen, and former soldiers who don't show up that have made MetLife sound so quiet.  Blame themBlame the people who aren't there.  Blame the people who don't support the team with their wallets.  Blame the people who play the victim because their cushy seats and their scalping profit centers went away.

Jets fans are morons.

SAR I

Another narcissistic douchebag. Stop using your wealth as a replacement for a prick. Must be hell having to use that 3 inch killer when you know the one your using it on is banging all those drunken slob policemen, firemen, and former soldiers who are worth easily ten of you. Go count your money. That will get you off.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Probably not.  I'm selling the home opener to Dolphins fans as they aren't shy in spending money to support their team and it's a back-to-back where I'll definitely be at the Jags game-   after all, it's our only chance for a home win all season.  After that, there's the Patriots and Falcons payday's, Super Bowl crazies come to NY in good weather.  So that's 1 of the first 4 I'll be attending.  After that?  Who knows.  If they show some effort, I'll go to the Panthers game.  If they are in full-quit mode and Bowles is dead man walking, I'll sell the rest and get out of dodge making maybe 60% of my $5,500 back and waiting for brighter days next year.  It's a 30 year long-haul as a PSL owner.  Not every season will be enthralling.

When at the games, we're very loud.  In the first row of the mezzanine we have this steel wall you see, and we bang on that like crazy, the 4 of us make the equivalent noise of 20 fans with that steel banging and reverberating like that.

Your sarcasm is noted.  Be advised that season ticket holders responsibilities to the team end in April when we write our fat checks to the Jets.  After that, it's at our discretion whether we attend the games and it's based on how hard the team is trying and what talent they are putting out there.  Our money supports the Jets.  Shouting voices and banging walls are immaterial.  A loud fan or an empty seat never won or lost a football game.

SAR I

Your money supports Woody.

I go to every game to support the Jets.

I will let the other ten game clubbers know that you are going to cheer loudly at both games you go to this year.

Are we really talking about resale value?

Was anyone crazy enough to think that inside of 10 years the Jets would suddenly be a wildly popular team and their PSLs would hold or increase in value?

I bought seats, I love my seats. I don't care what the resale value is because nobody in their right mind bought NYJ PSLs with the intention or selling them for a profit.

The Jets could give away every seat in the stadium expect mine for a game.... And I would still have the same seats, same view and same expeirence that I paid for. 

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Loyal.diehard, there you have it......FAN OF THE YEAR

Image result for bag of stale pretzels

If you're smart, you get paid for your thoughts at a desk.  If you're dumb, you mop the floors at Show World.  If you're dumb but still want to make a futile effort to improve yourself you join the military....

.....No different than police, firemen, soldiers.....the world is filled with people who can't rely on their smarts to make a living so they have to choose an alternate.  And some alternates feed their need to 1) feel like a boss and 2) retire early.  And those shortcuts in life come with dangerous physical hazards.

SAR I

LOL. Yeah. You bet. Keep patting yourself on the back and telling yourself how smart you are. You've been telling us how smart you are for years for buying something for thousands of dollars as an "investment" that was recently rendered worthless (please tell me you aren't a financial advisor of some kind....).

Good job! You must be a very smart guy! 

Archived