#JetsCamp Updates - Day One - Sat 07/29/17

Maxman

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just got two texts from @KRL full camp report later. But he said:

KRL:  Today is about Hackenberg improvements!!!

I replied, "do you like what you see from him?"

KRL: Day and night difference.

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Well this screws up a lot of the narrative on this site.  Next thing people are going to be interested in facts and objectivity.  

IMG_20170729_154914.jpg

Screenshot_20170729-155411.pngScreenshot_20170729-155416.png

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Marcus Williams picks off a high pass from Bryce Petty. First pick in team periods of camp. #Jets

First interception of camp finds its way into Marcus Williams hand's because of course #nyj

Marcus Williams with the first INT of camp, off of Bryce Petty

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I have seen two separation situations where #Jets WRs couldn't get off the press. As in they couldn't break off. Just... stuck

Well after the WRs got a free pass last year with no press in practice, I guess they are a little shell shocked on how to break free.  In other good news, we have DBs who can press at the line once again!!

1. McCown picked off by Claiborne. I didn't see who it was intended for, asked @Connor_J_Hughes who said "Morris Claiborne" and that's fair

Josh McCown picked by Morris Claiborne on pass for Quincy Enunwa. First pick for McCown. #Jets

Morris Claiborne picks off McCown now #nyj

Morris Claiborne interception on a pass that looked like it was intended for Morris Claiborne. McCown pass. #Jets

1 retweet

1. Josh McCown picked off by Morris Claiborne, who's having a very active first practice. #Jets

1 retweet

A couple team-period INTs during the first practice of TC: Marcus Williams against Petty earlier, now Morris Claiborne against McCown #jets

McCown throws his first pick, bad throw into coverage. Claiborne with the INT.

1. Positivity: #Jets offense has a lot of time to get better

Wait wait wait... Did you call me a Jets' homer?! I would word it this way: Hack played better than the other NYJ QBs

If I had to guess the Defense was told to be physical with Anderson.  At least from his mugshot, he did not look like someone who spent the offseason putting on muscle.  I am 53 years old and put on 10 pounds of muscle in a year.

Peake has been my darkhorse candidate, but sounds like he has been dropping too.

Normally I'm torn over great defensive plays because it usually means the offense screwed up.  But this year, I'm rooting for the defense to annihilate McCown and for Hack or even Petty to light them up.  I want there to be no possible excuse for McCown to start.  Once the season starts, he can be the best backup in the league if he wants to as long as he never plays.

So in the post practice presser when Bowlesis asked "if this is a total QB competition, why did McCown receive as many reps as the other two combined?"  Will he go with 

A)  He gives us the best chance to win

B   It's the first day of camp it will balance out

C)  Huh?  I didn't notice

Archived