#JetsCamp Updates - Day Two - Sun 07/30/17

Maxman

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Even when the pads are on it's almost impossible to judge the O-line at camp.  I had a hell of a time with it last season and when one of the real beat writers heard me saying it he turned to me and said "I hate when people ask me questions about the O-line, you just can't see anything"

Unless somebody is completely dominating and driving his man backwards regularly, it's just a mish-mash of bodies from a profile angle.  You can obviously get  a decent view of the OT on your side, but that's about it.

Yeah I can't imagine actually trying to cover it live at camp with no video footage to rely on as well lol, tough job!

5 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Yes like hundreds of weeks to learn. 

Took him 200 plus weeks, and he still never learned SF's offense. 

You must be an idiot. He is a SB QB. Got there in his 2nd season. Stop with the fake news already. JH taught him a lot.Basta

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Going out on a limb and guessing that Bowles wants the offense to get some decent pub today so he's calling the dogs off. Rex did this with Sanchez all the time

What's that cracking sound?

7 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Yeah I can't imagine actually trying to cover it live at camp with no video footage to rely on as well lol, tough job!

The only time I've ever noticed OL/DL play at a training camp was when Kris Jenkins was murdering a young Nick Mangold.

The fact that McCown is with the #1s for the 2nd straight day suggests to me he is the presumptive starter, no matter what the coaches or FO are saying.  I could not be more disappointed in Bowles for sending such an idiotic message.  Is this really the way to build for 2018 and beyond?  

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I've been hearing that the New England Patriots have been scrimmaging against the Barcelona Dragons of the WLAF on a daily basis and the matches have been so intense that Julian Edelman killed two Dragons with his bare hands 

@joewilly12 #belichick

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

The fact that McCown is with the #1s for the 2nd straight day suggests to me he is the presumptive starter, no matter what they coaches are FO are saying.  I could not be more disappointed in Bowles for sending such an idiotic message.  Is this really the way to build for 2018 and beyond?  

Veteran is getting 1st dibs. What matters is what hack does with his opportunity

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The only time I've ever noticed OL/DL play at a training camp was when Kris Jenkins was murdering a young Nick Mangold.

Good times!  Kris Jenkins murdered a lot of OL, young and old :).  Dude was so dominant when healthy.  

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The fact that McCown is with the #1s for the 2nd straight day suggests to me he is the presumptive starter, no matter what they coaches are FO are saying.  I could not be more disappointed in Bowles for sending such an idiotic message.  Is this really the way to build for 2018 and beyond?  

Bowles is showing that he remains stubborn, did not learn from the last 2 seasons and will continue to favor veterans wherever he can. If he was in charge of the roster we would have the oldest team in the NFL, not the youngest. I kinda hate him, has to show me he can do the right thing. I get the impression from some of the tweets that Hack is pretty popular.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Veteran is getting 1st dibs. What matters is what hack does with his opportunity

Day 1, sure.  That's enough ego-stroking for a guy whose winning percentage is .300.  The second day, IMHO, should have gone to whoever played the best on Day 1.  And based on what we read, that probably wasn't McCown.

Archived