#JetsCamp Updates - Day Two - Sun 07/30/17

Maxman

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Bowles is showing that he remains stubborn, did not learn from the last 2 seasons and will continue to favor veterans wherever he can. If he was in charge of the roster we would have the oldest team in the NFL, not the youngest. I kinda hate him, has to show me he can do the right thing. I get the impression from some of the tweets that Hack is pretty popular.

Got all that from two days of camp did ya?

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Bowles is showing that he remains stubborn, did not learn from the last 2 seasons and will continue to favor veterans wherever he can. If he was in charge of the roster we would have the oldest team in the NFL, not the youngest. I kinda hate him, has to show me he can do the right thing. I get the impression from some of the tweets that Hack is pretty popular.

Wow. You and Dan have Bowles' number

Just now, JohnJ said:

Wow. You and Dan have Bowles' number

Yep.  After decades of watching coaches tell us 'XXX" gives us the best chance to win, we do.  This year we don't want the best chance to win a fifth game over the course of the season.  Nobody wants to see McCown start if either of the young guys is capable of doing as well, but with upside.  If Bowles sticks to McCown and tries to sell us on 'best chance to win' he will look up and see flying banners the following Sunday that will not be complimentary.

41 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I corrected my mistake. 

No, you said it was reported by ESPN. But I don't see it on their site. Can you put up the link that shows them reporting this?

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Day 1, sure.  That's enough ego-stroking for a guy whose winning percentage is .300.  The second day, IMHO, should have gone to whoever played the best on Day 1.  And based on what we read, that probably wasn't McCown.

The rotation was probably planned weeks ago.  Petty will even get a turn. 

Archived