#JetsCamp Updates - Day Three - Mon 07/31/17

Maxman

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Augustiniak said:

when rex was here and sanzhez had organizational issues...they gave him a traffic light.

If Bowles shows zero growth as a head coach and is ultimately let go, Morton is a very strong possibility, IMO, to replace him.

Just now, Mogglez said:

If Bowles shows zero growth as a head coach and is ultimately let go, Morton is a very strong possibility, IMO, to replace him.

if hack becomes the clear future qb of this team, they would be wise to promote morton.  would completely change the perception of the team.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

he should.  the whole gameplan is to make hack earn it.  that's ok.

No he shouldn't the game plan should be to get the future the reps before time runs iout on Hack.  If the Jets have an early pick this year it will be a QB.  Hack won't get a chance.

McCown is not the future, it's just stupid starting him 

Just now, BurnleyJet said:

Love it Cimini and Conner Hughes,  looking forward to Hack not hitting the Ocean. Now changed tack to Boring offence lol.

After what we've endured since 2011 (minus 2015), I'll take a boring but efficient, dink-and-dunk offense.

Just now, flgreen said:

No he shouldn't the game plan should be to get the future the reps before time runs iout on Hack.  If the Jets have an early pick this year it will be a QB.  Hack won't get a chance.

McCown is not the future, it's just stupid starting him 

if this continues hack will start.  we've had 1 practice in pads.  mccown also needs to show some competence, or else it's tough to justify starting him too. 

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

Love it Cimini and Conner Hughes,  looking forward to Hack not hitting the Ocean. Now changed tack to Boring offence lol.

Actually Hughes has been talking Hack up.  The only real thing he has said about him was the hitting reporters thing.  That was intended as a funny, and of course got all blown out of proportion.  

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I sure hope Bowles doesn't march McCown out with the 1's again tomorrow, but I suspect he will

This is where Bowles makes a statement about who he is.  Whether he had a plan to give McCown the starts all week or not, it seems like it's time to throw that plan out and reward the kid for his play and get him the valuable reps.   If the goal was to make Hack earn the starting role, you have to reward him when he actually does it.  I don't give a rat's ass about veteran ego being bruised or anything like that.  The goal should be to get one of the young QBs into the starting role and it seems like we now know which one is should be.  So just do it.

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

petty may not make this team.  there's no reason to carry 3 qbs anymore, since they'll probably draft one next year, whether it's in the first round or not.

McCown won't be healthy week 5.  Petty will make team

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

petty may not make this team.  there's no reason to carry 3 qbs anymore, since they'll probably draft one next year, whether it's in the first round or not.

I think more teams are starting to dress 2 for the active roster, but I think most still keep a 3rd.

Just now, flgreen said:

McCown won't be healthy week 5.  Petty will make team

if they are both healthy to start the year he may not.  petty stinks, hey may not get picked up by anyone else anyway.  heck, the giants may cut geno, you can bring him back if you need a body.

Has the Jets' three-man completion turned into a two-man competition? Josh McCown and Christian Hackenberg got the bulk of the work on Day 3. Once again, McCown (11-for-16, 22 reps) worked with the starters. Hackenberg (9-for-15, 22 reps) had some good moments, but he held the ball too long at times (three sacks). Bryce Petty (4-for-8, 9 reps) got the scraps. This was the first practice in pads.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_R

1 hour ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

This is not good at all. What if Jets get a top 3 draft spot dispite Hack having a great year? What to do then?

They would draft the best non QB in the draft if Hack had a great year.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They would draft the best. On QB in the draft it Hack had a great year.  

Doubt that.  If they have a top-3 pick and for some reason weren't going to draft a QB, they would almost certainly trade down.  But unless Hack looks like Dak, I can't see them passing on a top QB prospect.

19 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

he should.  the whole gameplan is to make hack earn it.  that's ok.

Just what has a guy who is 2-20 in his last 22 games done to 'earn' the starters spot?  I am not a fan of Hackenburg but Bowles is a flat our liar in his comments re the QBs.  If one guy is always trotted out 1st as the #1 guy through all of the mini camps and now main camp he is the starter or the guy they want to start.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Just what has a guy who is 2-20 in his last 22 games done to 'earn' the starters spot?  I am not a fan of Hackenburg but Bowles is a flat our liar in his comments re the QBs.  If one guy is always trotted out 1st as the #1 guy through all of the mini camps and now main camp he is the starter or the guy they want to start.

I expect Hack to start Game 2 of preseason and if he does reasonably well to take the #1 spot heading into game 3.   It's 3 practices in and the kid is building confidence...these are all good things for Jets fans.  

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Has the Jets' three-man completion turned into a two-man competition? Josh McCown and Christian Hackenberg got the bulk of the work on Day 3. Once again, McCown (11-for-16, 22 reps) worked with the starters. Hackenberg (9-for-15, 22 reps) had some good moments, but he held the ball too long at times (three sacks). Bryce Petty (4-for-8, 9 reps) got the scraps. This was the first practice in pads.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_R

Cimini's new storyline: "holds on to the ball too long"

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This was the first real practice. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Archived