#JetsCamp Updates - Day Three - Mon 07/31/17

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EVERYONE on this board should be rooting for Christian Hackenberg!!!!!!!!

notice the strategically placed skinny dude to make our tiny linebacker seem larger.  

Is there a reason you are so invested in Hackenberg failing?  Seriously, your act is getting old.. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

This was the first real practice. I wouldn't read too much into it.

3 practices and all of the mini camps have all been the same.  Mccown is the 1st guy on all of them so far. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

There is no such thing as "lighting" in baseball.  Lightning is fast and exciting.  Everything about that snooze fest of a sport is slow and boring.

Better than Ambien.

In fact, I am not even sure baseball can be called a sport.  Guys huffing and puffing after running 90 feet is kinda sad for a professional athlete, dont ya think?

Got to say, don't think I've ever seen a baseball player huffing and puffing after running 90 ft.  I've seen football lineman, who rarely run 10 feet run to the sideline to get oxygen.  Kind of silly comparison, don't ya think?  

You hate baseball, end with that.  It's a great sport, don't think shltting in it makes you cool.

• Upvote 2
46 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I sure hope Bowles doesn't march McCown out with the 1's again tomorrow, but I suspect he will

Because it means nothing to anyone other than a handful of fans who try and read into this? 

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, slats said:

Three practices in and Hackenberg has been the clear leader at the position. If that continues, and they move Hack into the #1 spot, I'd like to see Petty overtake McCown in practice reps. 

I don't think Hack has been the clear leader; he's just the most focused upon.

28 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Mo is back

Heard Mo & Leo today on Alan Hahn/Canty/DiPietro show who were at camp. They said they are doing more technique work, back to basics this yr. Mo sounded like a different guy. Upbeat, vocal. 

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, flgreen said:

No he shouldn't the game plan should be to get the future the reps before time runs iout on Hack.  If the Jets have an early pick this year it will be a QB.  Hack won't get a chance.

McCown is not the future, it's just stupid starting him 

Who goes on the field first has absolutely nothing to do with Hack getting enough reps.  

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

I expect Hack to start Game 2 of preseason and if he does reasonably well to take the #1 spot heading into game 3.   It's 3 practices in and the kid is building confidence...these are all good things for Jets fans.  

Yeah McCown starting PS game 1 is probably the most likely thing to happen regardless of anything else. If Hack actually passed him by then it would be a very pleasant surprise. 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Three practices in and Hackenberg has been the clear leader at the position. If that continues, and they move Hack into the #1 spot, I'd like to see Petty overtake McCown in practice reps. 

"clear" is an overstatement. He sounds okay and seems to have corrected some outstanding glaring issues in his game, and I'm more than content to see that but he's far from being THE best overall. This early on one bad day from #5 and we're right back to McCown being penciled in.

Early training camp guys, keep perspective.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Because it means nothing to anyone other than a handful of fans who try and read onto this? 

I honestly believe it means something to a young team who is taking 1st team reps.  Who there leader is.  Particularly when it appears Hack has out played McCown in the last 2 practices.  McCowns play today was described as dismal.  Makes no sense to show him as the apparent starter.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Cimini's new storyline: "holds on to the ball too long"

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

3 practices and all of the mini camps have all been the same.  Mccown is the 1st guy on all of them so far. 

First pads practice.  Same number of reps.  If they keep playing the same and McCown is still with the first with the ones 2 or 3 practices from now I will be more annoyed than I am now.  

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Doubt that.  If they have a top-3 pick and for some reason weren't going to draft a QB, they would almost certainly trade down.  But unless Hack looks like Dak, I can't see them passing on a top QB prospect.

It would be as dumb as it gets to draft a QB if Hack had a GREAT YEAR.  Great was the statement I replied to, not decent, good enough etc.  you're changing what I replied to.  The team needs players not duplicate QBs.  

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just what has a guy who is 2-20 in his last 22 games done to 'earn' the starters spot?  I am not a fan of Hackenburg but Bowles is a flat our liar in his comments re the QBs.  If one guy is always trotted out 1st as the #1 guy through all of the mini camps and now main camp he is the starter or the guy they want to start.

Especially if you completely ignore what Bowles has said and draw conclusions off of a handful of practices.  Nothing like hanging your hat on who threw the first pass at the 3rd practice as proof he's a liar.  All of this post is pure BS.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Jet Nut said:

Especially if you completely ignore what Bowles has said and draw conclusions off of a handful of practices.  Nothing like hanging your hat on who threw the first pass at the 3rd practice as proof he's a liar.  All of this post is pure BS.

Yeah, Bowles has said they are all more or less equal and its a 3 way competition and the proceeds to in EVERY SINGLE PRACTICE trot out McCown as the 1st guy out.

That is the total point he is saying one thing and all the actions suggest something else.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

"clear" is an overstatement. He sounds okay and seems to have corrected some outstanding glaring issues in his game, and I'm more than content to see that but he's far from being THE best overall. This early on one bad day from #5 and we're right back to McCown being penciled in.

Early training camp guys, keep perspective.

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

#Jets now going to team drill. We'll see if Hack keeps this up. Not just best QB today... but looks... dare I say.. solid?

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

Hackenberg very impressive in that WR/DB drill. Some really, really impressive throws. McCown and Petty both struggled #jets

I don't know, I'm not there, but I'm not reading anything anywhere that has McCown outperforming Hackenberg so far in this camp - and Petty isn't even in the equation. I'm not putting him in Canton just yet. I recognize that being the best Jets' QB is a lot like being the best QB in the Girl Scouts, but so far he seems to be the Jets' best QB. Considering that this is a guy who couldn't hit the ocean from a lifeboat last year, I'm feeling pretty encouraged. 

• Upvote 3
11 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I honestly believe it means something to a young team who is taking 1st team reps.  Who there leader is.  Particularly when it appears Hack has out played McCown in the last 2 practices.  McCowns play today was described as dismal.  Makes no sense to show him as the apparent starter.

Players know how little this means, only fans, especially the ones are praying Hack is the starter do.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah, Bowles has said they are all more or less equal and its a 3 way competition and the proceeds to in EVERY SINGLE PRACTICE trot out McCown as the 1st guy out.

That is the total point he is saying one thing and all the actions suggest something else.

No, you are cherry picking what he said or you just missed it.  He said that one  could go out first a practice, the other the next day.  One QB could get multiple days or a week with starters but it will all equal out. 

Its been 3 practices and some of you can't help whining after a day Hack and McCown each had 22 snaps and Hack clearly out performed McCown.  Stop whining already

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't know, I'm not there, but I'm not reading anything anywhere that has McCown outperforming Hackenberg so far in this camp - and Petty isn't even in the equation. I'm not putting him in Canton just yet. I recognize that being the best Jets' QB is a lot like being the best QB in the Girl Scouts, but so far he seems to be the Jets' best QB. Considering that this is a guy who couldn't hit the ocean from a lifeboat last year, I'm feeling pretty encouraged. 

That seems to be the consensus from the beat guys for at least the last couple of practices.

Just now, T0mShane said:

This is going to be an all-time classic season on ye ol' JetNation dot com

For those who decided what Hack would be sight unseen apparently.  And just as blindly come up with comments like you threw out there that Hack really didn't outplay #15.  

1 minute ago, slats said:

Personally, I need a week of this just so I can comfortably call him the leader of the pack. There just hasn't been enough time to make even that tentative judgment. Like I said if Hack does bad tomorrow McCown's stock goes up in an instant.

Just now, Beerfish said:

This is exactly the point.  He didn't say McCown was the presumptive starter but his actions are clear.  For now, McCown is the #1 and Hack has to outplay him to earn it.  But even then, it may take a while until Bowles is ready to make the switch.  That's not a 3-way competition.  I get coaches feeling safer with veterans but this ain't that.  It's not like this is Brett Favre we're talking about.  What in the world has McCown done to earn even the illusion of being a presumptive starter on any team?  

Crazy thought but maybe if McCown doesn't start with the #1s tomorrow HE'LL play better.  

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

That seems to be the consensus from the beat guys for at least the last couple of practices.

What do they know?  The fans who predicted bust know more sitting infront of their PCs

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1