NFL Sunday Ticket

HIghTest

I've had it for the last 8 years, only negotiated a lower price a couple of times.  I've heard it's a bit harder and the price reductions aren't as big as they used to be to now that AT&T is running the show.  Personally, I'm going the Kodi route this year.

Good luck either way...

6 minutes ago, ID. said:

I've had it for the last 8 years, only negotiated a lower price a couple of times.  I've heard it's a bit harder and the price reductions aren't as big as they used to be to now that AT&T is running the show.  Personally, I'm going the Kodi route this year.

Good luck either way...

How would you watch NFL games on Kodi? This is the first I have heard of Kodi.

Dont have DirectTV anymore but they were definitely less flexible less year on deals. I received a good deal only by actually cancelling. They called me back a coupe days later and offered the world to get me back. Became this huge think when I was moving and just a nightmare. In the end I wound up with no LOS at new place so everything was moot anyway, but it definitely seems the old days of "let's make a deal" are over. As always, retention has the best deal but even that was pretty lame.

The Red Zone channel is all you need....To me it is a thousand times better than sitting through the commercial fest that NFL broadcasts have become. While I cannot have Direct TV as my apartment faces due NE, I have had the online version a few times and it was not very good. I watched it for the first week or 2 then just watched the RZ channel,

Doing international NFL Gamepass for my 3rd year in a row.  Its the best quality hands down, includes both Redzone and NFL network and you can even quad screen up to 4 games if you want and you can replay any game you want.  (this is what I usually do for fantasy football).  You need a vpn to sign up for it but if you still aren't using a vpn then you are doing the internet wrong.

7 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

The Red Zone channel is all you need....To me it is a thousand times better than sitting through the commercial fest that NFL broadcasts have become. While I cannot have Direct TV as my apartment faces due NE, I have had the online version a few times and it was not very good. I watched it for the first week or 2 then just watched the RZ channel,

Well some of us that live in other cities either have to get Sunday Ticket or go to a bar every Sunday to see the Jets games.

55 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Well some of us that live in other cities either have to get Sunday Ticket or go to a bar every Sunday to see the Jets games.

Yeah that is true, sorry, I meant no disrespect and did not think about that.....

I have done the International Game Pass the last two years (using a VPN), but I will see if I can watch on Kodi this season.  While movies and TV shows are easy to find, baseball games have been more hit and miss.  

With far fewer games, I am hoping NFL games will be better organized and easier to find. As we get closer to the start of the season, we should have a running thread sharing info about which repositories work best.

11 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

I have done the International Game Pass the last two years (using a VPN), but I will see if I can watch on Kodi this season.  While movies and TV shows are easy to find, baseball games have been more hit and miss.  

With far fewer games, I am hoping NFL games will be better organized and easier to find. As we get closer to the start of the season, we should have a running thread sharing info about which repositories work best.

They literally just scrape reddit.com/r/nflstreams and then organize them for you.  At least that was my experience when I used to use Kodi.  The quality is going to depend on where the streams come from but bare in mind unless you get a rogue dude streaming on youtube in HD (which the NFL will shut down fairly quick most of the time) you are going to have to deal with sub SD resolution and frozen streams as soon as the ball hikes and then stream unfreezes near the end of the play.  I personally couldn't deal with that crap anymore as I just found it frustrating and not enjoyable.  Plus at least for me, I don't have cable anymore so getting the benefits of having NFL Network and redzone as well as replays of all games makes the international gamepass a fair value imo.

fwiw I did find some decent quality streams over at https://www.vipboxtv.me/american-football/ that aren't bloated with ads just basically one ad it tells you to close and the quality was pretty good when I used it for NHL playoffs this year.

Good luck whichever way you watch :)

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

They literally just scrape reddit.com/r/nflstreams and then organize them for you.  At least that was my experience when I used to use Kodi.  The quality is going to depend on where the streams come from but bare in mind unless you get a rogue dude streaming on youtube in HD (which the NFL will shut down fairly quick most of the time) you are going to have to deal with sub SD resolution and frozen streams as soon as the ball hikes and then stream unfreezes near the end of the play.  I personally couldn't deal with that crap anymore as I just found it frustrating and not enjoyable.  Plus at least for me, I don't have cable anymore so getting the benefits of having NFL Network and redzone as well as replays of all games makes the international gamepass a fair value imo.

fwiw I did find some decent quality streams over at https://www.vipboxtv.me/american-football/ that aren't bloated with ads just basically one ad it tells you to close and the quality was pretty good when I used it for NHL playoffs this year.

Good luck whichever way you watch :)

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.  I have only had mine for about 3 months so no NFL experience yet.  I get MLB games in 1080p and was hoping to get the same, or at least 720p, for football.  I guess the international package is my fall back -- I watch the games live using a VPN (usually a server in the Netherlands).  I have cut the cord almost entirely and will never return to DirecTV under any circumstances.  Worst case scenario, the $170/mo I save on DTV plus not paying for Sunday Ticket will buy plenty of beer and snacks at the bar. :D

I think STH get RedZone for free on mobile apps and maybe laptops. Or, at least we did each of the last few years. And by "free," I mean to say "included in our exorbitant STH prices. I think we also got GamePass or the one that shows all replays one year, but not last year.

I am interested in online-only gamepass domestically. I used that each of the last three years from the Czech Republic when traveling for work. I'd do the one week trial then cancel. Or, one year, I think I bought a 1 week pass when that was an option.

Is that only offered internationally? Thus, requiring a VPN to make you appear you're coming from somewhere else? 

Archived