I like Sheldon Richardson. Sheldon on Brandon...

pointman

Rough transcript:

Reporter: Brandon Marshall said he didn't want to be here because he wanted to be on a team that had a chance.

Sheldon: Who? WHO!?

Reporter: Are you looking forward to the preseason game with the Giants.

Sheldon: Definitely.

Reporter: Will you make a push to play corner in that game?

Sheldon: Maybe a little outside linebacker. Thats about it.

Sheldon is trying his very best to get Jets fans to support him.  Don't fall for it. He hired a good PR team and is angling for a big payday.  Whoever gives it to him will be left holding the bag. He's going to say and do all the right things to get someone to swallow the hook. The sooner his ass is off the roster, the better. Cancer.

1 hour ago, Lil Woody said:

Sheldon is trying his very best to get Jets fans to support him.  Don't fall for it. He hired a good PR team and is angling for a big payday.  Whoever gives it to him will be left holding the bag. He's going to say and do all the right things to get someone to swallow the hook. The sooner his ass is off the roster, the better. Cancer.

Only way he stays, is if Mo has another stinker, and they cut him at the of season. I'm not ruling out an in season trade for him.

4 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

He doesn't need to try.  Anyone who has seen the guy play has to love his heart, effort and skill.  

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

He doesn't need to try.  Anyone who has seen the guy play has to love his heart, effort and skill.  

Sheldon Richardson does actually play hard. Only the Jets can put him a position to look like a dog. And he did look like one at times at OLB trying to chase down RBs from 5 yards behind off the edge. 

8 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Only way he stays, is if Mo has another stinker, and they cut him at the of season. I'm not ruling out an in season trade for him.

Yep, pretty much.  I'm sure the Jets are more than happy with him trying to push this better attitude, as they'll continue to shop him throughout camp, preseason, and the season.

1 hour ago, drsamuel84 said:

Ehh I don't like this.  Stop worrying about Brandon Marshall and the Snoopy Bowl and start worrying about yourself and getting better.  Admit to your mistakes and keep your mouth shut.

Wasn't it the reporter who brought up Brandon?

6 hours ago, HessStation said:

Sheldon Richardson does actually play hard. Only the Jets can put him a position to look like a dog. And he did look like one at times at OLB trying to chase down RBs from 5 yards behind off the edge. 

Pray tell, who's fault is this? It can't be the teflon man HC can it? But everyone here loves him...

4 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

Ehh I don't like this.  Stop worrying about Brandon Marshall and the Snoopy Bowl and start worrying about yourself and getting better.  Admit to your mistakes and keep your mouth shut.

He didnt look like he was worrying about Marshall for one minute.  Actually seems to me that Brandon cant stop talking about the Jets and some of their players.  

He was asked a question and he took the high road.  People need to stop thinking players are mutes

8 hours ago, j4jets said:

Somehow Sheldon is still the douche. The only Jet that actually showed some passion last year. 

Only know when ever he was healthy and on the field, Marshall played hard and as well as could be expected.And that was true his entire jets' tenure.  

10 hours ago, HessStation said:

the thing is, shelly is one of the few impact players on the jets.  he has some personal baggage but he can (and is mostly a beast) on the field. we'll find out plenty soon if shelly is going to play as good as he can and if wilk's performance last season can be atrributed to him coming off his injury.

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the thing is, shelly is one of the few impact players on the jets.  he has some personal baggage but he can (and is mostly a beast) on the field. we'll find out plenty soon if shelly is going to play as good as he can and if wilk's performance last season can be atrributed to him coming off his injury.

His talent level was never in question.  It's the drive, intelligence, immaturity, poor decision making, multiple failed drug tests (despite knowing the drug testing dates well in advance), apathy, entitlement and looming suspensions.  Look if the kid was just a pothead who was in the 1st stages of the drug program, nobody would even care. But the constant pattern of idiocy with this kid combined with the arrogance and attitude like the FO should be kissing his ass for gracing them with his presence is the major problem. Every major lockerroom drama we have had over the past 3 years has had this pos front and center.  It's a matter of time before this loser implodes...either he will fail his next drug test and get put on the shelf for a year or he will get a new contract and crash his brand new mcclaren into a wall at 200 mph (hopefully sober and without a child and/or gun in the car) or he will just get a fat paycheck and quit on the team again once he's got his guaranteed dollars. Nothing he has done to date demonstrates that he is the type of guy that should be signed to a 2nd contract. Kill Mo all you want for his being late to meeting (while he was hanging our with Sheldon btw), but before last year, nobody ever questioned his maturity, drive or intelligence. I'm not going to defend him by saying his injury was the primary reason for the poor season.  It may have played a part, but I'm sure he quit on the team along with EVERYONE else. But Mo has no real patterns of stupidity. He has 1 strike now. Sheldon has like 5 at least. One of them is potentially still a good fit for the team moving forward, the other is a timebomb ready to destroy any progress the culture shift towards professionalism and dedication.

BTW a good barometer of what the right move is to see what the media is pushing for the Jets and do the opposite. They always want what is going to push the narrative of the inept Jets. Right now there are hatchet jobs on Mo cropping up from the trolls and Sheldon is being painted as the poor misguided kid who has learned from his mistakes and is now a better man for them.  For once, I'm happy they are doing it because it actually might facilitate a trade for this loser. If it gets him off the team and the DL pointed towards the future with Leo, Simon, Mo as the DL....I'm all for it.

35 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I'd almost feel best case scenario for the Jets is if wilk put on another 15 lbs, moved predominantly to a 0, 1 tech and both suddenly became inspired 

16 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

This and this. 

We can role with Leo and Wilk, it might be the most cost effective thing we could do. Sheldon strikes me as the type of player we'd regret re-uping in a few years.

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

Only know when ever he was healthy and on the field, Marshall played hard and as well as could be expected.And that was true his entire jets' tenure.  

He was slouching last year. Wasn't as focused or determined. It's the same case with Mo. I see him giving up on plays far too often. 

3 hours ago, j4jets said:

He was slouching last year. Wasn't as focused or determined. It's the same case with Mo. I see him giving up on plays far too often. 

Yup, once it was apparent the Jets weren't going to turn it around Marshall lost all interest in playing hard.  

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Everyone will love the guy after his 10 plus sack season this year.  One can only hope our front office is smat enough to let some other team give him huge dollars and term

Jets should convert the salary to a Bonus, prepay the entire season, and trade him to the saints for a 3rd rd pick.   

Love it.  I hope Sheldon cleans his clock in the snoopy bowl.  Give him the old Eli treatment and send him off the field bleeding.  

The Giants season is going to be fun to watch from a far.  If they start slipping and Brandon's cancerous attitude comes out like it always does, that locker room will be combustible with him and OBJ in there.  So juicy. 

18 hours ago, HessStation said:

I would suspect that number would be under 10%

The number is 0, so far as I can tell.  The greatest endorsement of Bowles on this board is, "don't fire a coach after 2 years" or "it's not all on him because of how bad this roster is."

15 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

This and this. 

We can role with Leo and Wilk, it might be the most cost effective thing we could do. Sheldon strikes me as the type of player we'd regret re-uping in a few years.

So, like Wilkerson?

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

The number is 0, so far as I can tell.  The greatest endorsement of Bowles on this board is, "don't fire a coach after 2 years" or "it's not all on him because of how bad this roster is."

You're right. I'm seeing the same thing. Don't know what he was talking about other than, that he possibly lives through a wormhole in a parallel universe.

11 hours ago, JiF said:

Love it.  I hope Sheldon cleans his clock in the snoopy bowl.  Give him the old Eli treatment and send him off the field bleeding.  

The Giants season is going to be fun to watch from a far.  If they start slipping and Brandon's cancerous attitude comes out like it always does, that locker room will be combustible with him and OBJ in there.  So juicy. 

they don't have enough balls to keep both obj and marshall happy.  and if the giaints season starts slipping i can see eli having more than a few words when marshall drops one that's in his hands.

Archived