Richard Sherman has thoughts on the Jets QB situation

T0mShane

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

I must of read it different from you 

he talked about Fitz and Mallet then went on the jets QB situation which is probably the worse in the league ..

Even if that were the case (although the "or" as opposed to "and" suggests otherwise), the bottom line is he obviously had no clue what he was really talking about and it had far more to do with the point he was trying to push than anything about the Jets in particular.  The Jets suck, everyone knows that, and it just happens so to fit his agenda.  I don't particularly care about what his opinion is that he's looking to express, but it has little-to-nothing to actually do with the Jets.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

is he better than our QBs? probably but is he good for our situation? putting politics aside he isn't.  we have 2 young QBs we are trying to develop on a bad team.  what can colin do to help those QBs?

He is more proven than anything we will put on the field this year ..  Petty isn't that young I don't even consider him a developmental QB he will be #3 maybe at best #2 QB  . Hack has potential due to arm talent and Age. but has hasn't proven a thing ..

Kaep adds nothing here tho we aren't winning anything here . this is def not right fit for him ., Baltimore or some small media market like that will be a better fit imo.

2 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

As a serious response this is correct. The sports media is entertainment, not journalism. The sports media cycle is built on taking news and manufactured "news" (e.g. rumors, things guys just made up that sound like they came from the inside, opinions from actual insiders) and injects them on equal footing as the foundation for what is twenty-four hours of commentary. The commentary is built around creating disagreement. Then they comment and report on the disagreement and create more disagreement. Repeat until the cycle ends. Then repeat the entire cycle. Look at how much factual news goes into a day of ESPN or other sports entertainment. It's very few facts outside of reporting scores, W-L records and game stats. Most of the other "facts" of the day are opinions and speculation dressed up as credible facts. 

Espn model is failing bigtime because people want to watch sports , and not be bombarded with political correctness/ social justice.   Keep it up and BSPN and you soon will be out of business .

nfl lost a lot of viewers because of the actions of Colin Crapernick.   Jerry Jones said a Cowboy player doesn't stand for the anthem, he will be an ex cowboy very soon after that.(Jerry Jones runs the NFL- most influential owner).

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

The whole world says he was IR'd and had offseason surgeries.  The whole world says he was recovering all offseason and late into camp.  The whole world watched him take over for Gabbert as soon as he was healthy.  The whole world finds your argument that Gabbert was better thats why he played as pretty laughable. 

Read the quote.  Read the article.  Stop with the fake news

Better yet, go back and tell us who played better.  That you think he played better is beyond laughable

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

The whole world also watched him QB his team to the Super Bowl and damn near win the mofo in comeback fashion. 

Unfortunately for him, the credit he was given for that turned out to be as valid as that which was given to Sanchez for their respective team's successes early in their careers. The only real difference is that lots of poor press and seeking of more money is why Kaep is currently unemployed, while Sanchez is in the wonderful position of regularly competing for backup QB jobs with new teams.  The argument that Kaep has enough talent to be a backup in this league is fair enough, but when you're a backup, teams have no interest in bringing baggage along with you.  Teams don't want to deal with that from ANY of their players, there's just those that are good enough to convince team's to put up with it, and he doesn't fit that bill.

12 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He is more proven than anything we will put on the field this year ..  Petty isn't that young I don't even consider him a developmental QB he will be #3 maybe at best #2 QB  . Hack has potential due to arm talent and Age. but has hasn't proven a thing ..

Kaep adds nothing here tho we aren't winning anything here . this is def not right fit for him ., Baltimore or some small media market like that will be a better fit imo.

No doubt about it but he's still not a good fit for this team.  he isn't a difference maker, we would suck w/ or w/o him.  we are trying to develop a QB or 2, that is what this season is about.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

he's against his(the media) perception of injustice and he is so committed that once he became a FA he put out word in the media that he wouldn't kneel anymore. 

That does not mean he is not still committed. He has the right to alter at any time. You must have something against his freedom as an American

Kaep never sniffed 30+ Tds(actually hasn't sniffed 22 TDs) and his SB run was 5 years ago, Mark Sanchez was still our QB at that time- that is how long ago it was.  he's done nothing w/o Harbaugh and that great D.  I don't like Fitz but 31 TDs and not a sniff of interest from any team.  it's a great argument just like no one whined when there wasn't any interest in Cutler.

Sniffing a SB is better than 50 TD's. 

pipe down teddy bear boy.

not talking about the protest.  Again, I support his right to protest, it's the praise of a communist dictator, his bashing of the this Country when he didn't even vote and his asinine comments on police and the pig socks. 

People in America today support Putin. Some think that the current POTUS does also. Where is the issue again?

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Better yet, go back and tell us who played better.  That you think he played better is beyond laughable

So, getting sent to IR in 2015, having multiple off season surgeries in 2016 and replacing Gabbert as the starter and starting more games than Gabbert is fake news?

Neat! 

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

So, getting sent to IR in 2015, having multiple off season surgeries in 2016 and replacing Gabbert as the starter and starting more games than Gabbert is fake news?

Neat! 

Stop already, it over.  And youre still wrong.  

38 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Unfortunately for him, the credit he was given for that turned out to be as valid as that which was given to Sanchez for their respective team's successes early in their careers. The only real difference is that lots of poor press and seeking of more money is why Kaep is currently unemployed, while Sanchez is in the wonderful position of regularly competing for backup QB jobs with new teams.  The argument that Kaep has enough talent to be a backup in this league is fair enough, but when you're a backup, teams have no interest in bringing baggage along with you.  Teams don't want to deal with that from ANY of their players, there's just those that are good enough to convince team's to put up with it, and he doesn't fit that bill.

He's better then multiple starters in this league IMO.

Mike Vick had baggage, he got numerous jobs as a back up.  Tebow had baggage, the Pats gave him a chance and brought him into camp.  Plenty of players have baggage that currently have NFL jobs who dont have near the resume of Colin. 

Sweet a guy who made his name in the best defense in the league, one of the most ficious pass rushing teams, cant move with the best reciever on the field, oh and isnt even wanted by his own team...Thats an opinion im interested in.

34 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

That does not mean he is not still committed. He has the right to alter at any time. You must have something against his freedom as an American

interesting how he alters when he is set to become FA.

32 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Sniffing a SB is better than 50 TD's. 

it sure is but he became starter on SB caliber team and rode the wave.  he's not a difference maker.

28 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

People in America today support Putin. Some think that the current POTUS does also. Where is the issue again?

People in America support all sorts of crazy things, the Country has been becoming more divided year after year for about the past 5 years or so.  

58 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wait?  Are you trying to say Gabbert was better in 2016 than Kaepernick?  

59.2% 16TD/4INT 186.8 ypg

56.9% 5TD/6INT 154.2 ypg

Which one played better?

Kaepernick is slow to pick up the offense = 

dumb, athletic, one trick pony who was figured out long ago

Hackenberg is slow to pick up the offense = 

protected him and put him aside for a season so they could give him time and effort to develop

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Espn model is failing bigtime because people want to watch sports , and not be bombarded with political correctness/ social justice.   Keep it up and BSPN and you soon will be out of business .

nfl lost a lot of viewers because of the actions of Colin Crapernick.   Jerry Jones said a Cowboy player doesn't stand for the anthem, he will be an ex cowboy very soon after that.(Jerry Jones runs the NFL- most influential owner).

I'm no fan of ESPN but let's not kid ourselves. It is still doing very well. Fourth in prime time for all cable channels. Not exactly "failing bigtime" at that rank.

12 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

interesting how he alters when he is set to become FA.

it sure is but he became starter on SB caliber team and rode the wave.  he's not a difference maker.

People in America support all sorts of crazy things, the Country has been becoming more divided year after year for about the past 5 years or so.  

I think that the GB Packers that year would disagree about Kaepernick being a difference maker that playoff game. IMO he made a huge difference. 

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

I think that the GB Packers that year would disagree about Kaepernick being a difference maker that playoff game. IMO he made a huge difference. 

he was incredible in that game, he was a really good/almost great QB for a year and a half.  That was a LONG time ago, Jim harbaugh is long gone. if he was playing like that recently he would have been signed even if he was photographed smoking a cigar w/ Castro's corpse.

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

56.9% 5TD/6INT 154.2 ypg

Which one played better?

Year before he lost his job to Gabbert.  Are you saying he wasnt benched?

Hack has been slow to pick up the offense put in this year?  Yet has outplayed all others.  Somehow you come up with this nonsense.

Give up the fight, Hack is playing as well as anyone could have hoped.  Well real fans unlike you who actually troll the board ripping someone who doesnt need your short sighted comments

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

56.9% 5TD/6INT 154.2 ypg

Which one played better?

stats are nice, they won 1 game in 11 w/ Kaep and 1 in 5 w/ Gabbert.  Kaep did not play nearly as well as his #s.  they both stunk on a bad team.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Hack has been slow to pick up the offense put in this year?  Yet has outplayed all others.  Somehow you come up with this nonsense.

Give up the fight, Hack is playing as well as anyone could have hoped.  Well real fans unlike you

Ah 2015.  Sorry, I have trouble keeping up with these ridiculous rants.  Kelly wasn't the coach in SF in 2015.  That was Tomsula.  Glad to see you going to the old standby, not a real fan.  That's me.  Not a real fan.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Ah 2015.  Sorry, I have trouble keeping up with these ridiculous rants.  Kelly wasn't the coach in SF in 2015.  That was Tomsula.  Glad to see you going to the old standby, not a real fan.  That's me.  Not a real fan.

Youre the one who Fs up the year and i'm ridiculous?  Kelly didnt start Gabbert over Kaep at the beginning of the season? 

Tell us again how Hack has been slow to pick up the offense? LOL 

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre the one who Fs up the year and i'm ridiculous?  Kelly didnt start Gabbert over Kaep at the beginning of the season? 

Tell us again how Hack has been slow to pick up the offense? LOL 

How the **** are you LOLing?  You said he was slow to pick up Kelly's offense while saying Gabbert outplayed him.  It is flat out wrong to say Gabbert outplayed him in Kelly's O, though they both sucked.  

I'm not even getting back into Hackenberg.  Jumping over press reports in 7-on-7's has really given us a great idea of the season around here the past few years.  Enjoy your moment.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

How the **** are you LOLing?  You said he was slow to pick up Kelly's offense while saying Gabbert outplayed him.  It is flat out wrong to say Gabbert outplayed him in Kelly's O, though they both sucked.  

I'm not even getting back into Hackenberg.  Jumping over press reports in 7-on-7's has really given us a great idea of the season around here the past few years.  Enjoy your moment.

Because youre flailing like a fool.  Again.  

Now Hack is an off subject because you cant tell anyone how he has been slow to pick up the brand new offense?  How did you come to this conclusion?  STFU already

Friggen go away, who needs your pointless ranting.  What a baby, cant every admit youre wrong

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because youre flailing like a fool.  Again.  

Now Hack is an off subject because you cant tell anyone how he has been slow to pick up the brand new offense?  How did you come to this conclusion?  STFU already

Friggen go away, who needs your pointless ranting.  What a baby, cant every admit youre wrong

Fine.  I am leaving. I know when I have been bested in an intellectual battle. Sorry to show my immaturity.

50 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Give up the fight, Hack is playing as well as anyone could have hoped.  Well real fans unlike you who actually troll the board ripping someone who doesnt need your short sighted comments

Seriously?

Giants and Jets are targets of NFL players’ Kaepernick rage

August 3, 2017 | 11:49am

Giants and Jets are targets of NFL players’ Kaepernick rage

Christian Hackenberg, Colin Kaepernick and Josh BrownBill Kostroun; Getty Images; Bill Kostroun

The circus surrounding a potential Colin Kaepernick signing is still in full force, and the Seahawks are taking note — and taking aim at the New York football teams.

Richard Sherman and Michael Bennett — two outspoken players on one of the few teams to take a look at Kaepernick this offseason — look at the Jets and Giants and see double standards as an explanation for why Kaepernick, who knelt for the national anthem last season, is still a free agent.

“Now if you told me this guy threw eight pick-sixes last year and played like a bum, had no talent, that’s one thing,” Sherman told USA Today about Kaepernick, who threw 16 touchdown to four interceptions as a 49er last year. “But Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Mallett or whoever is playing for the Jets right now — whoever is starting for the Jets is terrible — have jobs. You’re telling me fans would rather you lose and put a worse player out there because a guy took a stand? That’s where it’s so troublesome to me.”

The Jets were a speculative destination for Kaepernick, but nothing materialized. Instead, the team chose to go into the year with Josh McCown, Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty battling for the starting job — the setup for a likely tank job being engineered with QB hopes in next year’s draft.

Some have speculated the Jets didn’t as much as sniff at Kaepernick because of their owner, Woody Johnson, who donated heavily to Donald Trump and was picked as ambassador to Great Britain. The president has been vocal in his criticism of Kaepernick’s protesting.

Bennett also blasted the Giants, whose owner, John Mara, made note of the letters he received from fans in vocal opposition to signing Kaepernick.

SEE ALSO

Ravens are now the face of NFL's Colin Kaepernick problem

“There are [accused] rapists and drunk drivers in the league,” said Bennett, a defensive tackle. “But [Kaepernick] is somebody who didn’t do anything to anybody. But you hear owners say, ‘We have to ask our fanbase first.’ But the Giants kept [kicker] Josh Brown [who was suspended last season after documents emerged in which he admitted to domestic violence].”

The Ravens have been publicly debating signing Kaepernick. Head coach John Harbaugh and general manager Ozzie Newsome want to pull the trigger on a signing, but owner Steve Bisciotti is stopping them, according to ESPN.

Baltimore released a statement Wednesday denying that, and the team reportedly is looking into other quarterbacks, including former Georgia standout Aaron Murray.

Archived