Ryan Tannehill goes down with noncontact injury

Jet_Engine1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, thadude said:

They're both JAGs

they are but the difference is w/ Moore they will run more and that O was carried by jay Ajayi last year.  the more touches he gets the better than O is.  w/ Tannehill they are fooled into thinking he can lead an offense w/ his arm.  

Just now, Awesumtenor said:

Because they aren't QBs or expected to be the face of a franchise.

OR b/c they didn't wear cops as pig socks, label polcie as slave catchers or praise communist dictators while not even voting in his own Country.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

they are but the difference is w/ Moore they will run more and that O was carried by jay Ajayi last year.  the more touches he gets the better than O is.  w/ Tannehill they are fooled into thinking he can lead an offense w/ his arm.  

Tannehill is the most overpaid player in the NFL not named Wilkerson

1 minute ago, Ghost420 said:

How come he is a better qb than almost every backup but yet isn't on a team?

Sent from my SM-G950U using JetNation.com mobile app

I dont see this as a difficult question to answer. Kapernick got benched for Gabbert, changed his whole steeze, restructured his contract(stupid) opted out(even stupider) and priced himself out of the market. He was due to make what 13 mill this year in SF? He restructured because he thought he was worth more as a FA. Add on the other things and also the fact he isnt going to turn the teams that need him into anything more than what they currently are- it's not hard to see why he's unsigned. His fiance or whatever doesnt seem to be helping things.

I dont see this as a difficult question to answer. Kapernick got benched for Gabbert, changed his whole steeze, restructured his contract(stupid) opted out(even stupider) and priced himself out of the market. He was due to make what 13 mill this year in SF? He restructured because he thought he was worth more as a FA. Add on the other things and also the fact he isnt going to turn the teams that need him into anything more than what they currently are- it's not hard to see why he's unsigned. His fiance or whatever doesnt seem to be helping things.

He himself said he never even discussed m0ney with any team so how has he priced himself out of anything?

Sent from my SM-G950U using JetNation.com mobile app

For ****'s sake, does every thread now need to turn into a pool of Kaep diarrhea?

On a more interesting note, did anyone else happen to consider the potential improvement that Matt Moore could now provide?  I'm pretty sure that's a brilliant revelation I just came up with all by myself.

4 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Matty Moore- Jet killer

We are 1-3 against Miami in Moore games(which includes coming in on 2nd possession of 2012 game at NYJ)

We are 5-3 against Miami in Tannehill games

In 2012 against Moore we lost 30-9, against Tannehill we won 23-20

In biggest game of Tannehill's career week 17 of 2013 needing win to get to POs we beat them 20-7 as Ryan threw 3 INTs

Last year against Tannehill we lost 27-23 when they scored KR TD in 4th for winning score, against Moore we lost 34-13

Anyone seen footage of Tannehill hurting himself yet? It's so awkward, he's scrambling in his non-contact jersey, hops and plants his foot, and you can see his whole body react to the injury... I'm struggling to understand why he didn't just roll out of bounds there, given that it's camp.

31 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

OR b/c they didn't wear cops as pig socks, label polcie as slave catchers or praise communist dictators while not even voting in his own Country.

And none of that has anything to do with football. Team spokesmen and commentators have insisted that his not having a job was purely a football decision...yet no one has made a cogent football argument proving that.

If you are right and the teams in the league are holding non-football things against him, why are they lying about it? 

9 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

And none of that has anything to do with football. Team spokesmen and commentators have insisted that his not having a job was purely a football decision...yet no one has made a cogent football argument proving that.

If you are right and the teams in the league are holding non-football things against him, why are they lying about it? 

obviously it's not purely football, no football decision is ever all about football.  Colin can play in this league but the baggage he brings as a backup isn't worth it for most teams.  if he was a top tier QB it would be worth it and he'd be signed.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

obviously it's not purely football, no football decision is ever all about football.  Colin can play in this league but the baggage he brings as a backup isn't worth it for most teams.  if he was a top tier QB it would be worth it and he'd be signed.

So you're saying the owners would rather piss off black players than white fans...gotcha.

Down here the radio talk shows are abuzz about his Castro t shirt and how Cuba Americans would feel about a Fin signing if needed. Kap comes with a ton of baggage that irks many fans. Right or wrong from a moral issue owners have to weigh the financial issues as well as the community issues. Community is a big factor because it's not just the reaction of the fan.

1 minute ago, Bocajetfan said:

Down here the radio talk shows are abuzz about his Castro t shirt and how Cuba Americans would feel about a Fin signing if needed. Kap comes with a ton of baggage that irks many fans. Right or wrong from a moral issue owners have to weigh the financial issues as well as the community issues. Community is a big factor because it's not just the reaction of the fan.

It was a Che Guevara T-shirt... and he wasn't Cubano...

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I stand corrected; I had only heard of a complaint of his wearing a Che Guevara shirt...but again... NFL Coaches, GMs and talking heads insist that either he is not good enough to be an NFL backup...which is laughable when you look at his performance vs. Blaine Gabbert's last year with the 49ers and he far out performed Gabbert with the same sorry team yet Gabbert has a job and Kaep does not...or they say they don't know if he is committed to playing ball with no evidence supporting it or they say he's a locker room risk even though every coach he's played for and every player he's played with says the opposite. He said at the end of last season that he was done protesting;  he felt he made his point  and he would continue his supporting social justice quietly and without involving the NFL. 

And despite all of that, he still can't get a job.

47 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

So you're saying the owners would rather piss off black players than white fans...gotcha.

those pissed off players are getting paid millions, they get paid millions b/c of fan interest and fans paying for tickets, merchandise, watching on TV, etc...

On a strictly football aspect he has regressed from his sb performance.  He needs to roll to be productive at all and teams just started to close the pocket on him and let him throw.  He has a big arm but cant throw into small windows.  The biggest knock I have heard is many GM's do not think he is 100% dedicated to football.  One of my best friends is a niners fan and they felt about the same about Kaep as we felt about Fitz.  Just remember he opted out not the niners.  He could be working right now.  As far as Miami I bet they get Cutler out of retirement.  Their coach got the most out of him.

41 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

I stand corrected; I had only heard of a complaint of his wearing a Che Guevara shirt...but again... NFL Coaches, GMs and talking heads insist that either he is not good enough to be an NFL backup...which is laughable when you look at his performance vs. Blaine Gabbert's last year with the 49ers and he far out performed Gabbert with the same sorry team yet Gabbert has a job and Kaep does not...or they say they don't know if he is committed to playing ball with no evidence supporting it or they say he's a locker room risk even though every coach he's played for and every player he's played with says the opposite. He said at the end of last season that he was done protesting;  he felt he made his point  and he would continue his supporting social justice quietly and without involving the NFL. 

And despite all of that, he still can't get a job.

Football is a team sport, mass entertainment and a business.

If you are trying to be successful at any of those three, you don't need Colin Kaepernick on your team.

If I was an NFL team owner, I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Maybe the Seahawks who have a strong team, are on the lefty WC and need a back up.

But in the NE?  The fans would hate him.

Roger should put him on the Eagles and give them an extra roster spot.  He would not make it out of the parking lot.

Archived