Ryan Tannehill goes down with noncontact injury

Jet_Engine1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Might of escaped w/ a minor injury this team but that knee is hanging by a thread.  Its a ticking time bomb.

this team, is not reliant on Ryan Tannehill.  they got better when he got hurt last year, gase did a great job making him look better than he is but the Miami o is about Ajayi not tannehill.  

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Might of escaped w/ a minor injury this team but that knee is hanging by a thread.  Its a ticking time bomb.

Who knows..

David J. Chao, MD‏ @ProFootballDoc

Just landed in Canton. Video, especially grainy video, is never perfect. 95% correct, but hope I am wrong here.

Video indicates ACL surgery will be needed for Tannehill

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-tannehill-acl-knee-injury-0803-story.html

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter  

MRI revealed no tears in Ryan Tannehill's knee, per @JeffDarlington. Doctors must now discuss options with team in how to handle injury.

David J. Chao, MD‏Verified account @ProFootballDoc  2m2 minutes ago

Makes me hopeful but I my thoughts are my thoughts, right or wrong. Of course I have not examined player and that is best.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

those pissed off players are getting paid millions, they get paid millions b/c of fan interest and fans paying for tickets, merchandise, watching on TV, etc...

Affluence doesn't exempt one from police brutality...ask Jonny Gammage...

39 minutes ago, Greensince69 said:

On a strictly football aspect he has regressed from his sb performance.  He needs to roll to be productive at all and teams just started to close the pocket on him and let him throw.  He has a big arm but cant throw into small windows.  The biggest knock I have heard is many GM's do not think he is 100% dedicated to football.  One of my best friends is a niners fan and they felt about the same about Kaep as we felt about Fitz.  Just remember he opted out not the niners.  He could be working right now.  As far as Miami I bet they get Cutler out of retirement.  Their coach got the most out of him.

It's amazing how big of a sh*tstorm this has become without this piece of information ever being raised. I mean it completely changes the story.

1 hour ago, Awesumtenor said:

I stand corrected; I had only heard of a complaint of his wearing a Che Guevara shirt...but again... NFL Coaches, GMs and talking heads insist that either he is not good enough to be an NFL backup...which is laughable when you look at his performance vs. Blaine Gabbert's last year with the 49ers and he far out performed Gabbert with the same sorry team yet Gabbert has a job and Kaep does not...or they say they don't know if he is committed to playing ball with no evidence supporting it or they say he's a locker room risk even though every coach he's played for and every player he's played with says the opposite. He said at the end of last season that he was done protesting;  he felt he made his point  and he would continue his supporting social justice quietly and without involving the NFL. 

And despite all of that, he still can't get a job.

You were correct.  The shirt that caused the uproar was a Castro shirt.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3973344/Curse-Kaepernick-Controversial-quarterback-defends-wearing-Fidel-Castro-t-shirt-HOURS-Cuban-leader-s-death-announced.html

Controversial San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick unwittingly found himself at the center of another storm on Friday as his praise for Fidel Castro was spread hours before the Cuban dictator's death was announced.  

On Friday afternoon, Kaepernick's praise for the communist leader's education system sparked divide among fans. 

He was explaining why he wore a t-shirt bearing the politician's image in August when he credited Castro for 'investing' more in schools than in prisons. 

Hours later, Castro's death was announced by his brother Raul on state television. 

Twitter users were quick to pick up on Kaepernick's ill-timed comments. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3973344/Curse-Kaepernick-Controversial-quarterback-defends-wearing-Fidel-Castro-t-shirt-HOURS-Cuban-leader-s-death-announced.html#ixzz4ojDqcFxE 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

All we need is Miami to get 3 or 4 wins and then they can fall apart.  We just gotta pray they can keep it together long enough to get more wins than us.

21 minutes ago, varjet said:

Football is a team sport, mass entertainment and a business.

If you are trying to be successful at any of those three, you don't need Colin Kaepernick on your team.

If I was an NFL team owner, I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Maybe the Seahawks who have a strong team, are on the lefty WC and need a back up.

But in the NE?  The fans would hate him.

Roger should put him on the Eagles and give them an extra roster spot.  He would not make it out of the parking lot.

You do realize you are showing his protest to be right...those BOS/PHI/NYC fans...a lot of them tend to be police...so they crack heads in the 'hood to keep those people in their place... and they'll crack Kaep's head in the parking lot...to keep him in his place which, to them is taking his money and keeping his mouth shut about what they do in the 'hood...

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

so you are saying all the black players are victims of police brutality?

Please let's NOT steer this thread down this road. WHAT THE FUÇK does this have to do w/the Division Rival Fins and Tannehill at THIS stage of the thread? Just let him start his own political movement and be done with it, but this is a Jets forum - Fuçk Kaepernick and his stupid choice to opt out of guaranteed money and let him wallow in his own life decisions. Arena and Canada Football are still hiring. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

You do realize you are showing his protest to be right...those BOS/PHI/NYC fans...a lot of them tend to be police...so they crack heads in the 'hood to keep those people in their place... and they'll crack Kaep's head in the parking lot...to keep him in his place which, to them is taking his money and keeping his mouth shut about what they do in the 'hood...

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THIS DISCUSSION

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

so you are saying all the black players are victims of police brutality?

I am saying being rich and famous does not mean you cant end up on the wrong end of a chokehold. You don't even have to be involved like Thabo Sefalosha who went out after the Hawks played the Knicks at the Garden; something jumped off in the club, police were called and some overzealous NYPD cracked him on the knee with a nightstick and broke his leg. He missed the rest of the season and the NBA playoffs.

He wasn't involved, didn't know the people involved. He and his teammates were waiting for the valet to bring the car around.

5 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Please let's NOT steer this thread down this road. WHAT THE FUÇK does this have to do w/the Division Rival Fins and Tannehill at THIS stage of the thread? Just let him start his own political movement and be done with it, but this is a Jets forum - Fuçk Kaepernick and his stupid choice to opt out of guaranteed money and let him wallow in his own life decisions. Arena and Canada Football are still hiring. :rolleyes:

I was simply asking a question.

1 minute ago, Awesumtenor said:

I am saying being rich and famous does not mean you cant end up on the wrong end of a chokehold. You don't even have to be involved like Thabo Sefalosha who went out after the Hawks played the Knicks at the Garden; something jumped off in the club, police were called and some overzealous NYPD cracked him on the knee with a nightstick and broke his leg. He missed the rest of the season and the NBA playoffs.

He wasn't involved, didn't know the people involved. He and his teammates were waiting for the valet to bring the car around.

and this proves what exactly?

Just now, Kleckineau said:

Same for Tannehill who would actually be a nice fit for any team that is playoff capable but missing a QB.

huh? a QB who has played on playoff caliber teams his entire career yet never played in a playoff game would be a missing piece?

Just now, nyjunc said:

I was simply asking a question.

Which is the wrong question to ask UNLESS you want this thread to spiral down THAT road and have it locked up. Let's avoid that please, that's all I'm simply asking. You 2 have different viewpoints on THAT topic and it only ruins the ACTUAL topic of THIS thread, so please don't sabotage it and get it locked due to political viewpoint bickering. 

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

For ****'s sake, does every thread now need to turn into a pool of Kaep diarrhea?

On a more interesting note, did anyone else happen to consider the potential improvement that Matt Moore could now provide?  I'm pretty sure that's a brilliant revelation I just came up with all by myself.

Or we can keep it as Jet diarrhea. 

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

huh? a QB who has played on playoff caliber teams his entire career yet never played in a playoff game would be a missing piece?

And which playoff caliber team is that? Do tell!

In case you havent noticed, for a project QB, the guy is putting together a pretty nice career. Something us Jets fans can only hope for at this point.

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

And which playoff caliber team is that? Do tell!

In case you havent noticed, for a project QB, the guy is putting together a pretty nice career. Something us Jets fans can only hope for at this point.

in 2013 they were 1 game away from the playoffs needing to beat either the mediocre Bills or Jets.  know what Ryan did in those 2 games in weeks 16 & 17? led his offense to 7 points TOTAL.  2014 in the 2 biggest games that determined their playoff fate he led his O to 13 PPG(better than 7 total but still well below where you need to be).  the only season they didn't have a chance was 2015 and we have no idea if they make it in 2016 if he stays healthy.  Moore came in and elevated that offense. In the 12 games he started and finished he led his O to 19.5 PPG, in the 3 starts for Moore they scored 25 PPG.  He has decent #s, he's not as good as his #s.  he has held back Miami for years.  No I don't hope for a Rayn tannehill at QB, I hope we have a backup like him but not a starter.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Dude is trying so hard to fit in to the locker room, pulling out all the stops to be a credible black guy ....its really kind of sad.

8syKUy3_d.jpg

(Photo of Colin Kaepernick being oppressed by white people)

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

in 2013 they were 1 game away from the playoffs needing to beat either the mediocre Bills or Jets.  know what Ryan did in those 2 games in weeks 16 & 17? led his offense to 7 points TOTAL.  2014 in the 2 biggest games that determined their playoff fate he led his O to 13 PPG(better than 7 total but still well below where you need to be).  the only season they didn't have a chance was 2015 and we have no idea if they make it in 2016 if he stays healthy.  Moore came in and elevated that offense. In the 12 games he started and finished he led his O to 19.5 PPG, in the 3 starts for Moore they scored 25 PPG.  He has decent #s, he's not as good as his #s.  he has held back Miami for years.  No I don't hope for a Rayn tannehill at QB, I hope we have a backup like him but not a starter.

Well at least you didnt tell me how much better Sanchez is or post some off topic dribble about Kaepernick so I guess thats progress.

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Dude is trying so hard to fit in to the locker room, pulling out all the stops to be a credible black guy ....its really kind of sad.

8syKUy3_d.jpg

(Photo of Colin Kaepernick being oppressed by white people)

Yep. Adopted by a white family.  Rooted on by mostly white fans.  Give a giant contract by a white owner. 

But he's oppressed.  

5 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Which is the wrong question to ask UNLESS you want this thread to spiral down THAT road and have it locked up. Let's avoid that please, that's all I'm simply asking. You 2 have different viewpoints on THAT topic and it only ruins the ACTUAL topic of THIS thread, so please don't sabotage it and get it locked due to political viewpoint bickering. 

Thanks man. Good looking out. 

Archived